Photo

Amazing Spider-Man Discussion: Spider-Verse, Spider-Verse Does Whatever Multiple Spider-People do

spider-man superior amazing peter parker otto octavius spider-man 2099 miguel ohara

1378 replies to this topic

#21 Bocc Kob

Bocc Kob
  • Citizen
  • 4404 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

I have that issue. icon-ironhide.gif

#22 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Public Relations
  • 34127 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Jul 2 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't they just redo the Clone Saga to fit in with the new continuity and Ben Reilly was still a cracka?

Not just that but a dumb cracka for some reason.

#23 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

getting ready for Nightmare night

• Citizen
  • 22398 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:38 AM

okay this is the single dumbest thing I've heard come out of marvel since they gave Joe another promotion.

unless its 2099, there's only one Spider-man and his name is Peter Parker.

STOP hugging WITH THE FLAGSHIP DUMBASSES!

what's next Professor X getting hair plugs?
Apparently Not happening tonight ... nobody tells me nothin'
I mean seriously how am I supposed to keep these ads updated and on topic...?

#24 Scottimus Prime

Scottimus Prime

Wanna check these ratings? I seem to have an audience of 2...

• Supporter
  • 6092 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jul 4 2010, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't give them any ideas... icon-ball.gif icon-fire.gif
QUOTE(Drivaaar @ Jan 22 2006, 06:22 PM)
Y'see, even the Editor of the Enquirer has to draw the pun line somewhere, and you just obliterated that line with a big huge cannon filled with vast amounts of gunpowder.

#25 MintBerryCrunch

MintBerryCrunch

Handling lasers by hand

• Citizen
  • 11078 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(Rhinox @ Jul 3 2010, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God forbid any comic staple get drawn one day finding *gasp* a gray hugging hair. icon-primal.gif

This. That's what I hate about comic books. Instead of characters growing, getting older, and eventually retiring to make room for a new generation, comic books constantly rehash and retell the same stories over and over and over again. This approach really retards the possibilities. Comic stories have no history because the history is constantly being rewritten. Instead we have endless alternate universes where nothing really matters because it can just be undone on a whim. How boring.

Edited by Pigbag, 04 July 2010 - 11:55 AM.

It's time to bring the crunch!

#26 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Citizen
  • 22398 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

so yeah, continue the adventures of a married peter and MJ dealing with the loss of the baby and the death of aunt may, and the newspaper industry, and the fall out of revealing who he is...

I know for a fact I'd start reading again.

also Bring back Exiles

#27 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

We need to get this place sprayed.

• Supporter
  • 4653 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(Pigbag @ Jul 4 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God forbid any comic staple get drawn one day finding *gasp* a gray hugging hair. icon-primal.gif

This. That's what I hate about comic books. Instead of characters growing, getting older, and eventually retiring to make room for a new generation, comic books constantly rehash and retell the same stories over and over and over again. This approach really retards the possibilities. Comic stories have no history because the history is constantly being rewritten. Instead we have endless alternate universes where nothing really matters because it can just be undone on a whim. How boring.

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jul 4 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so yeah, continue the adventures of a married peter and MJ dealing with the loss of the baby and the death of aunt may, and the newspaper industry, and the fall out of revealing who he is...

I know for a fact I'd start reading again.

These.

And if they actually do this I have to emphasize the word retards!

Joe Q is single-handedly destroying Spider-Man. Somebody get him out of there!! Hell, I'd rather have Stan Lee back!

Edited by Shockwave 75, 04 July 2010 - 01:00 PM.

#28 Bocc Kob

Bocc Kob
  • Citizen
  • 4404 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Scottimus Prime @ Jul 4 2010, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jul 4 2010, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't give them any ideas... icon-ball.gif icon-fire.gif

It'd be pretty awesome if they were having some angsty battle mutant thing and Professor X just rolled up with some hair and didn't say anything about it. They could do a whole arc of awkward conversations and people trying not to stare at it.

#29 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Pigbag @ Jul 4 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

#30 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34859 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

Same. It's one of the major reasons I've stopped really reading comics. It's all pomp and circumstance with no depth. Tony Stark has been a Grade A Prick for years, but he got his memory wiped so now everyone hugs and makes up. Really? Really?

Granted, for me it was when Iron Man took out an entire submarine's crew with abandon and nothing was said/done about it and he even gets saved from a nuclear blast by a literal angel at the issue's end. I still remember Armor Wars, when Iron Man accidentally killed someone and the jive hit the fan.

Really at this point it's a minor miracle Marvel hasn't thrown Tony back on the bottle.

So now they're bored with Single Peter and want to make room for a new Spider-Man? I suppose that'd work for a year. Not only because most of these "changes" last only a year, but also because Peter will be back in time for his new movie.
 photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#31 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 12688 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

TBH it seems like a setup. I don't think even Jos? Quesadilla's ego is big enough that he would say something like that unless he absolutely wanted fans to hate the new Spidey, so they'd think it was totally jawsome when Peter finally returned. Not that it really worked before, Revelations was a terrible storyline. Oh that's right, it's been done! You can't rip off Knightfall again, Marvel, you already used that one. Sigh.

#32 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5851 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Same. It's one of the major reasons I've stopped really reading comics.

Comics isn't just shared superhero universes man. It's only really there these gripes apply.

Anyway. Boring move there. It would have been novel if they had the balls and financial swinging room to pull it off. But even then its about twenty years too late.

#33 shumworld

shumworld

"One down, two to go."

• Citizen
  • 7965 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(Destron D-69 @ Jul 4 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also Bring back Exiles

AGREED!

#34 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

• Supporter
  • 4653 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 5 2010, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now they're bored with Single Peter and want to make room for a new Spider-Man? I suppose that'd work for a year. Not only because most of these "changes" last only a year, but also because Peter will be back in time for his new movie.

Agreed.

It would never stick! Peter Parker IS Spider-Man. Everybody knew that Jean-Paul Valley wasn't going to stay Batman, just like we know that Dick Grayson isn't going to stay Batman, or that Bucky isn't going to stay Captain America.

And yes, Pete would totally be back in for or before the new movie comes out. Just like when Spidey put the black suit back on Joey Q said that yes he will go back to the red & blue eventually, but he would stay in the black for an undetermined length of time. That length of time, turns out was as long as Spider-Man 3 was in theaters.

#35 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Citizen
  • 22398 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

... I'm almost to the point where I'd like marvel to stop making comics...its gotten that bad.

#36 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

High on Believing

• Citizen
  • 18973 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

Seriously?

Has anyone been reading Secret Avengers, Fantastic Four, SHIELD, Atlas, Hercules/Prince of Power or Secret Warriors lately? Those books have been firing on all cylinders.

Gauntlet made Rhino, Juggernaut and The Lizard interesting again, despite people's still unrelenting hatred of OMD.

I'll give you the X-Men, they're rehashing stuff and now they're bringing vampires in the mix. But Marvel's putting out pretty damn solid series.

#37 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Citizen
  • 22398 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

I have not read any of those, as the current economic state here in Destronland is not solid enough to reinstate our 'trying' new books program.

besides as my shop will tell you, me coming in and asking for a book to be put in my pull list is the 5th horseman ...

I just can't pick'em and you for sure don't want to be showing me 'good' books... just in case icon-fire.gif

Edited by Destron D-69, 06 July 2010 - 04:37 AM.

#38 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

• Supporter
  • 4653 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(Internet Jesus @ Jul 6 2010, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously?

Gauntlet made Rhino, Juggernaut and The Lizard interesting again, despite people's still unrelenting hatred of OMD.

I've heard this, and I wish I could read them. But I'm very, VERY, unhappy with what they did in OMD, and I can't in good conscience reward them with my dollars.

#39 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

High on Believing

• Citizen
  • 18973 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

In this day and age, you can read them without buying the issues.

Just saying.

#40 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Citizen
  • 22398 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

but that is wrong... not as wrong as this ..but still wrong

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spider-man, superior, amazing, peter parker, otto octavius, spider-man 2099, miguel ohara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users