No replies to this topic

#1 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8411 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:02 AM

I posted this to Craigslist and already got some responses, but I thought I'd throw some love the Allspark's way:

I have a sci-fi franchise to get off the ground, and an idea for turning it into a tabletop role-playing game. I'm located in Toronto, and I know there are a few publishers around here, I just need something coherent that I can shop around. I'm mainly a (struggling) TV writer, but any exposure is useful for future sales (when I go to sell an animated series based on this concept, it helps to be able to demonstrate that there is both a demand for my product and a potential source of merchandizing revenue, etc).

The setup is for the Starfighter Academy; a place where the best pilots in the galaxy go to hone their skills, both inside and outside the cockpit. Students are arranged in groups of six (five students [players] and one instructor [gamemaster]), and go on small [one-session] adventures, involving both piloting, ground vehicle ops, diplomacy, peacekeeping, exploration, and general adventuring (plus whatever personal hooks might come up during character-creation [Character A has a bounty on his head, Character B is an exiled princess, Character C is an amnesiac, etc]).

I can create the worldbuilding and story details, and I have some ideas for the ruleset (I'd like to use a modified D6 system, just because it's the most fair and flexible system I'm familiar with [maybe with a bit of Palladium's damage/megadamage system, and a home-cooked simplified combat system]), but I'll need someone to provide some artwork and design (I can contribute some vague concept sketches, but my art skills have atrophied since high school). And, uh, if anyone knows any business and/or law students who'd be interested in helping out (figuring out what clearances we'd need, double-checking my copyright knowledge, etc).

This is me trying to self-generate work, so I have no money to offer yet, but hopefully we can put something together and find a publisher that can put it on the market to build an audience for future projects (both gaming and cross-media).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users