10 replies to this topic

#1 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4811 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:04 AM

I had some spare KO seeker parts after I got replacement parts for some broken ones. I realized I could do something cool with them!

The original Starscream KO looked like this:

http://kotoys.com/Ph...lassicsSS02.jpg

The arms and lower legs are from the Thundercracker KO; I did not paint the Starscream limbs. The face and torso were painted using Formula P3 paints.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#2 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1313 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:41 AM

nicely done, looks great

and doesn't that KO look like Broadside...
'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
Lilwall.net

#3 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5307 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:16 AM

Fantastic! icon-silverbolt.gif
O̾b̾͊Eͮ͛͋yͨ̑̓͊̚ ̾̄ͯ̓ͨ̃͌̂̚d͂ͥͧͥͯ̂ͨ̓̚O̽ͥ̈́ͦͣ̂̏̚g̎̎ͯ̑ͤͫLͯ̓͆̿̑ͩa̍̄Wͥͬ̊̅
QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#4 ---The Rat

---The Rat
  • Citizen
  • 3054 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

fantastic...I know it will defeat the purpose, but could you slap his wings back on and take an alt mode pic. sort of an Action Master Starscream before the AM "upgrade"

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

I'm not sure I see the point in leaving the wings off of a viable transforming toy just to make it more "Action Master", but it does look good.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#6 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 55219 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

I was going to say the opposite and suggest removing his feet wings.

#7 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Omega Guardians, FTW!!

• Forum Moderator
  • 8698 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

^
Agreed.

#8 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4811 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

I kept the foot wings on for balance, actually. He doesn't have much foot without them.

I had a heavy decision between what you see here and having him still transform. If he did transform, the colors would have been pretty mismatched. I'm not sure if I would have gone for a jet mode that was more Starscream or Thundercracker colored. I will actually reuse the wings on another KO figure whose wings were broken. I plan to take a picture of what I have right now pending being designed and painted, it might help to make some more sense.

Basically I had the kotoys.com three seekers (skywarp, thundercracker, and starscream) and two ramjets (one orange, one white). The white one has a broken leg. Skywarp and TC arrived each with one broken wing (though I have received replacements from kotoys, awesome). So now with some swapping and modding I have...

The AM Starscream you see here.
Skywarp body with Starscream wings and possibly Ramjet arms (one Skywarp has two right fists)
Thundercracker/Starscream mismatched body but with Ramjet wings

All I will have leftover is some mismatched wings (some broken), the blue ankle wings, and the Starscream nosecone... I think. Anyway I won't be very wasteful. icon-hotrod.gif
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#9 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41526 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

What was the decision for giving deluxe Starscream more black on his lower legs than on the AM? And there is no grey just above the deluxe's waist like there is on the AM. I can forgive the silver on his feet and the painted air intakes though but I consider the previous two points to be inaccuracies. He would also look a lot better with a Decepticon insignia on his left shoulder.
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#10 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4811 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Interesting points. Perhaps I will make those changes. All of the paint or lack thereof (with the exception of the red chest, blue pelvis, and yellow air intakes) was that way on the original. I did not consider adhering quite so closely to the original, but I can and probably will put a symbol on at least.
QUOTE(kyde)

#11 Sheba

Sheba

Starscream's Guardian Force

• Citizen
  • 1487 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

neat! icon-hotrod.gif
Listen, just do what I tell you, and everything will be fine.

O[}:{>

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users