Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  NightViper : (30 September 2016 - 08:38 PM)

*Snaps towel*

@  ShadowMan024 : (30 September 2016 - 06:10 PM)

FOOL! *points cane at NightViper*

@  NightViper : (30 September 2016 - 06:06 PM)

It's not "Fools of towel play"? Damn.

@  RichardT1977 : (30 September 2016 - 05:20 PM)

Huh, I always thought it was "tools of power play".

@  Nevermore : (30 September 2016 - 03:30 PM)

http://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/133313-instruments-of-destruction-30th-anniversary-edition-youtube-video-and-legal-purchase-links-inside/

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 September 2016 - 03:18 PM)

tools of foul play

@  Nevermore : (30 September 2016 - 03:04 PM)

instruments of destruction

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 September 2016 - 03:01 PM)

Maybe like how Megaempress and her 4 Guards showed up so many male Cybertrons and Destrons. *snerk*

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 September 2016 - 03:00 PM)

Maybe as a female EDC officer who actually kicks his ass for a change.

And Carly too.

I would be thrilled to see him in the IDW continuity in the near future.

@  zephyrX9 : (29 September 2016 - 02:56 PM)

when the hell is chip chase gonna come back?

@  Robowang : (29 September 2016 - 11:14 AM)

Like a letter to my mom from prison inmates!

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 09:29 PM)

Oh wait, I see it's been addressed.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 09:27 PM)

I was when I posted that, yeah. I'll let you know if it happens again.

@  Dracula : (28 September 2016 - 02:10 PM)

You're clicking on threads and they're redirecting to that?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 01:05 PM)

Why do forum pages keep forwarding me to this? http://www.allsparkt...2VjMDYxZTQxYmVl

@  Broadside : (28 September 2016 - 12:05 PM)

Anyone know what the caption on this page refers to? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Primon

@  RichardT1977 : (28 September 2016 - 09:53 AM)

After the season finale where RM Corp found a way to make thinking Bots, I was hoping for a continuation of the story where Paradim learned the hard way the downside of Bots that can say, "No."

@  Rycochet : (28 September 2016 - 09:40 AM)

I liked Phantom 2040 more.

@  Blues : (27 September 2016 - 05:08 PM)

I LOVE BOT MASTER SO MUCH. Too bad the toys sucked. I even own jungle fiver. I love him so much, but he can barely stand on his own.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 September 2016 - 05:03 PM)

That's the 90s.

@  MEDdMI : (27 September 2016 - 04:50 PM)

Ninjzz? That's an unfortunate name.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 04:44 PM)

Also I thought Fico Ossio was quite nice on Revolutions.

@  Rycochet : (27 September 2016 - 04:36 PM)

You know the planet is in a jam, a diabolical plan of only one man. Louis Leon Paradim an international punk, and his army of 3As are his piece of junk.

@  Telly : (27 September 2016 - 04:26 PM)

for the longest time i thought jungle fiver was called jungle fiBer

@  Bass X0 : (27 September 2016 - 04:21 PM)

Does anybody remember the cartoon Bots Master? I enjoyed the show but looking back on it, most of the robot designs were lame. The only cool designs were Jungle Fiver and Ninjzz although the toys were nothing compared to Transformers of course. I thought the main human characters were decent enough for a show about robots. 

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 02:43 PM)

Although this is odd to me, since I'm fairly sure they are/were good friends.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 02:42 PM)

Yeah I stopped liking the guy when I found his Twitter.

@  zephyrX9 : (27 September 2016 - 12:35 PM)

https://twitter.com/DerrickJWyatt/status/779870732935233536 link

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2016 - 09:16 AM)

I cut out the middleman and assume that they're all jerks and/or shills.

@  Rycochet : (27 September 2016 - 07:15 AM)

Social media is the worst thing to happen to fandom, you can now see people whose work you like being jerks or shills on a daily basis, which is worse than a bad interview or two.

@  Robowang : (27 September 2016 - 07:12 AM)

Dirty Jerk Warts?

@  Broadside : (27 September 2016 - 07:05 AM)

Also, I guess he hates IDW Soundwave for not being an emotionless brick like the cartoon version? Man. Any enjoyment of Animated in future is going to be tainted for me by the fact that DJW is the worst kind of boring Geewunner.

@  Broadside : (27 September 2016 - 07:04 AM)

He also hates Action Man for no apparent reason other than "I don't know who this is and I don't care to find out". Which isn't fair, because Ian is the best character in IDW.

@  Jalaguy : (27 September 2016 - 06:47 AM)

DJW was mouthing off about the art for Revolution the other day too, doesn't entirely surprise.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 05:11 AM)

Do you have a link, zephyr?

@  Cabooceratops : (27 September 2016 - 01:36 AM)

bweh!!

@  Cabooceratops : (27 September 2016 - 01:36 AM)

bweh bweh

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 10:11 PM)

Sipher's.

@  Telly : (26 September 2016 - 10:08 PM)

*has flashbacks of the "image wars"*

@  Touch My Thighs : (26 September 2016 - 09:30 PM)

Sakamoto or Sipher's art?

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 September 2016 - 08:17 PM)

Oof.

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 08:05 PM)

Sipher made a sarcastic remark about Sakamoto's skeeviness. Derrick called him an a**hole, and insulted his art, which was a low, unnecessary blow.

@  Touch My Thighs : (26 September 2016 - 07:43 PM)

What did Derrick do?

@  Pennpenn : (26 September 2016 - 07:42 PM)

That makes sense, thank you.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 September 2016 - 07:30 PM)

Derrick J. Wyatt?

@  Pennpenn : (26 September 2016 - 07:21 PM)

Djw?

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 05:45 PM)

wow, didn't expect to have to block djw on twitter

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 September 2016 - 02:48 PM)

Yeah, it was really sad that they didn't survive in any of the endings. Eaten by Unicron every time.

Photo

Last Stand of the Wreckers #5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
138 replies to this topic

#1 lonegamer8

lonegamer8

Handsome afthead, ain't he? *tries not to start fangirling*

• Retired Staff
  • 9461 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:47 AM

Last Stand of the Wreckers #5 out Wednesday May 19, 2010.

Prepare to have our souls be reaped in the whirlwind for a whole world of pain! In which more than half of us will die screaming, or come close to it. *is bricked for bad/mangled Furmanisms*

My works! Lemme show you 'em!

Avatar base courtesy of Wombat King <- not at the moment

Allspark's August Reading List 2007 - "Sides"
Allspark's July Fic Challenge 2007 "Red Carpet" winner - "Blue Carpet"
The NEW TFWiki!
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers pack-in comic summaries.
Henkei! Henkei! Transformers monthly manga summaries.

#2 dcjosh

dcjosh

Josh

• Citizen
  • 5600 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:28 AM

Oh yeeeeeeah!!!!

-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-

#3 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 4733 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

Did not waste time with this one.

Didn't wait to get home to read it...
Didn't even open the heroclix until after I was done...

Damn... just.... Damn
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#4 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 56139 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

Yeah it was super awesome.

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Besides the things we saw in the preview like Guzzle getting torn in half and Pyro getting killed.

I loved the scene where Impactor executed Squadron X, as it showed that war is dirty.

Prowl continues to be awesome.

Overlord tearing off Springer's face and looking at it reminded me of the Devil's Rejects.

Surprisingly Guzzle and Impactor survived. Showing how the creative team can just take all your preconceptions and turn them around.

Poor sweet Ironfist.

I did not expect Overlord to make it out, especially after he lost his skin.

I loved this series.

Randy

#5 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 1904 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

Ha! Impactor was inspired to switch his hand out for a harpoon after encountering a certain dimension-hopping freelance peacekeeping agent!

But yeah, this was sex and candy. Goodnight, sweet Ironfist.

#6 giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron

Decepticon S.T.A.G. Leader

• Citizen
  • 1419 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

This was a GREAT ISSUE. The hidden comedy gems are great. When Springer got his BMFG he said sweet! When Overlord ripped off Springer's face, he said sweet. AHAHHAHHAHAHA. Honestly having Guzzle survive beeing ripped in half is a testament to his toughness. I knew he would survive. Ironfist was bittersweet. He died from an invention of his own doing. And someone on here pegged that the hole in his noggin was from an accident. And Overlord should have died. I was hoping maybe Megatron would come in as a shocker and make good on his word. But Im glad if it was any bunch of bots to do in a powerhouse such as Overlord, its the Wreckers. Even though he survived all they threw at him. Such a beautiful mix of grit, death, humor and good story telling. Just how nasty and fun for some, war can be. Roche and Roberts... BRAVO BRAVO!!!

Edited by giga-galvatron, 19 May 2010 - 01:17 PM.

#7 1987olds442

1987olds442

Oldsbot

• Citizen
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

Awesome conclusion to a great series... But I have one question where is Grimlock? icon-fire.gif

MEGAS-XLR-2.gif

#8 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 19555 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

Death count was lower than I expected, and definitely not everyone I expected.

Still, an awesome read as always. I thought for sure Springer had bought it after that blow from Overlord... Yikes.

I think my only complaint here would be that Pyro's death scene was too quick. Something a little more, especially since he had that giant weapons platform, would've been nice. Make the reader feel a bit more like his death meant something, to fully redeem him from his comments last issue.

Otherwise, though... Holy crap. IDW needs to give these guys more, be it more mini-series on the side, plenty of Spotlights or even an ongoing title.
Otherwise, it's an utter waste of talent. And the sales speak for themselves, after a rocky start it got some pretty good numbers.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#9 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 56139 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Pyro taking out tons of Decepticons before eventually buying it.

It seems like he was just piled up on and ripped apart with little to no fight.

Randy

#10 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 18709 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

That was a HELL of a series. I'm sad/happy/tearful/shocked/horrorfied and more.

I'll just dispense with spoiler tags and say DONT READ IF YOU HAVNT YET:

The death count was much lower then expected, but those deaths hurt. As happy as I was to see Guzzle and Impactor pull through... damn, Pyro, almost Springer... and IRONFIST. God, Ironfists death HURT. Especially with Verity there crying beside him, and rewriting everything he said.

And hug me, Overlord Just. Wouldn't. Die. Damn, and to see his goal ripped from him like that.... damn. And ordering the execution of the prisoners? Holeecrap.

Damn. Best series ever.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#11 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 2826 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Wow. Good stuff. And it looks like Guzzle's cleaning up in Vegas with luck like that.

Glad of that. Liked the stocky little SOG.

Way I see it, Pyro went out perfect. Like a chump, but a chump doing the right thing. No glory, no impossible last stand. Just buying a tiny bit of time.

Dying a hero in a huge wall of explosions and badassery wouldn't, well, be learning his lesson in a way.

(Also, the psych profile's bit on his mental condition was golden. And yay Death's Head.)

Edited by chiasaur11, 19 May 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#12 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 7779 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

I don't think I can really add anything to what's already been said, aside from this being a satisfying conclusion. A small part of me wonders how the end fits in with the ongoing - its clearly somewhere after the events of #6 of the Ongoing, but beyond that, I'd love a firm idea of how it fits in.

Glad that Impactor survived, and equally glad to see three profiles in this issue. Also...good lord, I'd love a new toy for Guzzle. Repaint/remold the Cyb. Scrapmetal figure, and we'd get a perfect match for his look here, albeit slightly lankier. Now we just need that version of Ironfist from the Club comic and a new toy for Rotorstorm, and this bunch would have a set of new toys just waiting to go.

Now, what's left this month? Another issue of the Ongoing?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#13 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 19555 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(chiasaur11 @ May 19 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Way I see it, Pyro went out perfect. Like a chump, but a chump doing the right thing. No glory, no impossible last stand. Just buying a tiny bit of time.

Dying a hero in a huge wall of explosions and badassery wouldn't, well, be learning his lesson in a way.

Kinda hard to learn a lesson when you're dead.

I didn't mean a hero's death like in his fantasy... just the chance to take a 'Con or two with him is all. I mean, he had that big weapons platform with him...

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#14 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 18709 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(Echowarrior @ May 19 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad that Impactor survived, and equally glad to see three profiles in this issue. Also...good lord, I'd love a new toy for Guzzle. Repaint/remold the Cyb. Scrapmetal figure, and we'd get a perfect match for his look here, albeit slightly lankier. Now we just need that version of Ironfist from the Club comic and a new toy for Rotorstorm, and this bunch would have a set of new toys just waiting to go.

ROTF Brawn repaint as Guzzle. It'd be PERFECT.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#15 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 7779 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ May 19 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Echowarrior @ May 19 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but ROTF Brawn is a big, bulky fella so far as his size class is concerned. Guzzle, by contrast, is small and bulky, and I was also thinking of alt-mode accuracy as well as looks.
William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#16 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Champion of Towing

• Citizen
  • 32016 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Cybertron scout Scattorshot. Totes.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#17 1987olds442

1987olds442

Oldsbot

• Citizen
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Actually I think ROTF Brawn works better as an updated Ironfist icon-fire.gif

MEGAS-XLR-2.gif

#18 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Staff
  • 56139 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

I like how Pyro added the faceplate after the fact, due to his obsession with being Optimus Prime. So the Botcon figure not having one is a Pyro who isn't as obsessed with being Optimus Prime.

Randy

#19 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 1904 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(1987olds442 @ May 19 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa, yeah. That is really perfect. I'd buy that. Hell, ROTF Brawn is supposed to have UNBREAKABLE FISTS even!

#20 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 2826 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(Wildwade @ May 19 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(1987olds442 @ May 19 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa, yeah. That is really perfect. I'd buy that. Hell, ROTF Brawn is supposed to have UNBREAKABLE FISTS even!

Just be sure it has the little black circle in the noggin.