Photo

Prowl's Various customs and part additions.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Prowl

Prowl

Brawn does it.........

• Retired Staff
  • 3832 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Got the idea for Thunderwing from a couple digibashes(at least I think they were) I had seen some time ago using the movie Megatron mold. I like the idea of Thunderwing's size being more comparable to other leader figures in the classics line so I went with the movie voyager Megatron mold instead of the leader.

I resculpted the wings cutting and sanding them down then used modeling putty to finish them. Added the extra knee spikes using black Millput. The chest was cut from the existing chestplate for the mold, sanded down and more putty added smooth it out a little better.

He was then painted using various colors of Krylon Fusion and Testors Model Master paints for the details. Then Reprolabels Decepticon stickers to finish him off.

Hes still not quite finished as I need to paint the hands and sand down the inside of the gauntlets so the hands slide back a little farther but overall I'm quite pleased. Also want to go back and rework the red cockpit area so it looks a little more coherent.

Energon cookie to the person who can guess where the hands and cockpit came from. icon-fire.gif

Edited by Prowl, 10 May 2010 - 04:37 PM.

#2 Prowl

Prowl

Brawn does it.........

• Retired Staff
  • 3832 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

Sideswipe has the leg mod to look more destinctive from sunstreaker and added paint details to the legs.

The launcher was made from a G1 Sideswipe launcher cut down to be a little shorter and put back together with Millput and Guerrilla Glue so it does not fire.

The backpack was taken from a THS 02 Convoy set that was broken, moded with the original engine accessory with millput and has added holes added to the sides to hold the shoulder cannon and gun for weapon storage in robot mode and overall variety of cannon placement. It also adds a weapon pack to vehicle mode to hold the added parts as well as being a throwback to his G2 days in a sense.

#3 Prowl

Prowl

Brawn does it.........

• Retired Staff
  • 3832 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

Prowl is painted to look more like his G1 toy. Always thought the initial figure was a little bland.

Krylon fusion was used for the black and silver details as well as the yellow highlights. A mix of testors blue and white was used on the headlights. And Reprolabels to finish of the look.

Added a nightstick from a KO Alt. Prowl to give him an extra weapon, as I always liked the idea of his energon nightstick.

#4 Prowl

Prowl

Brawn does it.........

• Retired Staff
  • 3832 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

Roadbuster uses the repaint of the Universe repaint with tome modded G1 Roadbuster weapons to fit the various minicon ports on his arms. I moded the energon key storage area on his leg to fit the rifle in vehicle mode. Also added a storage area for his knife behind his arm when not on use.

The extra parts like the head, Linear Blaster Gun, antenna, and grenades on the side of his leg were all taken from a small non transforming Mugen Calibur figure and fitted to the figure. They were dyed to at least make them a slight shade of green for the figure. The label sheet was also used to give Roadbuster some of his sticker details.

#5 Prowl

Prowl

Brawn does it.........

• Retired Staff
  • 3832 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

Short and sweet. Sanded a handle down on a Starsaber minicon so it could fit in Hot Shots hand as he's just not complete without his blade of destiny. icon-fire.gif

Edited by Prowl, 10 May 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#6 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 28081 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

The Star Saber mod makes me jealous. Nice work.

Edited by Razorsaw, 10 May 2010 - 10:42 PM.

#7 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 28174 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(Prowl @ May 10 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Short and sweet. Sanded a handle down on a Starsaber minicon so it could fit in Hot Shots hand as he's just not complete without his blade of destiny. icon-fire.gif

Why didn't you just sand out the inside of Hot Shot's hand so he can use any 5mm handle? That's what I did, at any rate. It doesn't require sacrificing a Starsaber, either. I sanded the forearm holes to 5mm on my Classics version, too, since he doesn't have anything to plug in there.

Edited by Spark, 10 May 2010 - 07:32 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#8 Prowl

Prowl

Brawn does it.........

• Retired Staff
  • 3832 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ May 10 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why didn't you just sand out the inside of Hot Shot's hand so he can use any 5mm handle? That's what I did, at any rate. It doesn't require sacrificing a Starsaber, either. I sanded the forearm holes to 5mm on my Classics version, too, since he doesn't have anything to plug in there.

As funny as this is going to sound given the topic I really try not to mod the figures themselves in case I happen to need to get rid of the figure at some point. Besides I have only one Henkei Hotshot and tons of starsabers, that particular moded minicon was found by himself at a garage sale so I felt it was justified, and with Hotshot there allready having two cannons I don't feel the need to give him another gun or weapon in general, so hes complete.

#9 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

Surrounded by crazy people

• Citizen
  • 14305 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:14 AM

*inhales deeply* RoadbusterRoadbusterRoadbusterRoadbusterROADBUSTERROADBUSTERROADBUSTERROADBUSTER!
The others are nice, too. But... ROADBUSTER!
Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#10 Heckfire

Heckfire

Captain Freespeech!

• Citizen
  • 127 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

Sweet Primus, those Roadbuster and Sideswipe accessories/mods are awesome, and I really like the "energon nightstick" for Prowl. I hope you wouldn't be offended if I follow your example with my own customizing. I did notice the legs on Sideswipe, but the "leg mod" is news to me. What does it entail?

That cockpit bubble on Thunderwing looks SO damn familiar somehow...it's gonna bug me until I figger it out.
YOU'VE BEEN WRECK-ROLLED!

"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." ?Ultra Magnus

#11 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condemented

• Supporter
  • 5139 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:23 AM

Why does that Thunderwing work there's now way it should I don't know anymore

#12 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 4811 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

Nice work. I was thinking of doing a Thunderwing custom like that but I think I'm going to try something different. Looks like BW Inferno's butt on top of the alt mode? I guess they could be Inferno's hands too.
QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#13 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

Manly things, like a tiger ripping apart a gazelle, or a lawyer.

• Citizen
  • 3127 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

In relation to how that cockpit "bugs..." is that BW Inferno's ass? icon-fire.gif
There's only room in here for one,
And I've decided it's not you.
I had to do what must be done.
YOU WOULD HAVE DONE IT TOO!
Suddenly I'm feeling strange...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users