#21 Jeysie

Jeysie

Geekbot & Nerdicon Fangirl

• Citizen
  • 3863 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(MonsterFromMars @ May 4 2010, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just, don't see how anyone can be seen as annoying or frusterating enough for that need. I guess it's just me.

I've lived my whole life knowing I had flaws, and it made me accept that people will have opinions I don't like.

Well, like I said, for me at least, it's a lot more than just "opinions I don't like". Usually if I block someone, it's because they frequently insult me or otherwise behave like a jerkass. (Key word being "frequently". I have a whole three people on my block list, at least two of which I know also have me blocked, so it works out well.)

Because when it comes to disagreeing, I have several posters on this board and elsewhere I like just fine despite rarely ever agreeing with them, and I know at least some of them also like me just fine. I don't have issues with anyone who pays attention to what I'm saying, doesn't insult me, and doesn't treat me like I'm an idiot who doesn't know anything, and those people rarely have issues with me.

As for people blocking me, considering the above paragraph, *shrugs a little*

Edited by Jeysie, 04 May 2010 - 08:08 AM.

#22 DarkeklawGW

DarkeklawGW

A singing fool

• Citizen
  • 4955 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

The Idea is it's there and you can use it if you want to or not. Some feel the need to use it. Some feel they don't need to. It's really up to you. And yes some people do need to be put on ignore, because some people just come on the boards to troll and bait. Usually the staff takes care of them in a timely manner and then the block is no longer needed. I use to use mine for damn bots that would come on and spam the boards, but since there hasn't been an instance of that in a long time, my block list is empty, even though I disagree with alot of people on here alot.....
For Bella Rose Fraizer-Grant Sept 8, 2011 to Nov 26th 2011... Pop-pop will always love you!!!!

Rastelli Direct 2.0 Afflilate link. http://www.rastellidirect.com/7208

#23 JP Yantha

JP Yantha

Go Jays Go!

• Validating
  • 1245 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

For the record, I haven't blocked anyone because I've disagreed with them. In fact, there's alot that they say that I agree with.

#24 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:57 PM

I dont use the block feature, but more power to the people that do. What irritates the jive outta me is when someone feels the need to announce in the the thread that they are blocking whatever person they are having a tiff with...just shut the eff up and do it, no one cares about your need to get a last "nyah nyah"
Signature removed for exceeding 500X200 size limitations.

#25 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Citizen
  • 4602 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(*Deathblade @ May 6 2010, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont use the block feature, but more power to the people that do. What irritates the jive outta me is when someone feels the need to announce in the the thread that they are blocking whatever person they are having a tiff with...just shut the eff up and do it, no one cares about your need to get a last "nyah nyah"

Oh god, a million times this. Just do it already. I agree. icon-hotrod.gif
********************************* ->?<- *********************************
I DO ART (SOMETIMES!!) Transformers and dragons, oh my! http://heatherbeast.deviantart.com

#26 Necromancer Bob

Necromancer Bob
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

I see announcing that you're blocking a poster as a way of pointing out to the community and that poster that you find something about that poster to be unacceptable...it's a call for others to do the same. If everyone did that, those posters would go away, because no one would bother responding to their inane threads. That, or the poster might (unlikely though it is, looking at the trolls here) change their ways when they find out others have blocked them for one reason or another.

y!

#27 Jeysie

Jeysie

Geekbot & Nerdicon Fangirl

• Citizen
  • 3863 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(Necromancer Bob @ May 6 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see announcing that you're blocking a poster as a way of pointing out to the community and that poster that you find something about that poster to be unacceptable...it's a call for others to do the same. If everyone did that, those posters would go away, because no one would bother responding to their inane threads. That, or the poster might (unlikely though it is, looking at the trolls here) change their ways when they find out others have blocked them for one reason or another.

The thing is, that assumes that if someone bugs you, they also bug everyone else. Which may or may not actually be the case.

And if I thought someone genuinely was bad enough that I felt from an objective standpoint that they shouldn't be allowed to post at all, I would report that to a mod, not make a call to scapegoat someone.

#28 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 4965 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:30 AM

Inquiry: What is the maximum number of blocked users that a single allspark profile can support?

before you have to make an alt account to block the rest of the people, but that'd just be silly.

Edited by Lucille Bluth, 07 May 2010 - 04:54 AM.

Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#29 Necromancer Bob

Necromancer Bob
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Jeysie @ May 6 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is, that assumes that if someone bugs you, they also bug everyone else. Which may or may not actually be the case.

Stupidity is universal. If it annoys one person, chances are it does annoy most other people.

And if I thought someone genuinely was bad enough that I felt from an objective standpoint that they shouldn't be allowed to post at all, I would report that to a mod, not make a call to scapegoat someone.

Sadly, the staff allows some trolls to continue posting under a mistaken concept of tolerance. I can name several people here who, because of their arrogance, condescension, or just plain idiocy and incoherence, shouldn't be allowed to post. I've reported them before, but nothing has been done. Since the staff hasn't done anything about them, it's up to the community itself to deal with them.
y!

#30 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Citizen
  • 4602 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(Necromancer Bob @ May 6 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That may be your intent, but I guarantee that it isn't the actual end effect!

I DO ART (SOMETIMES!!) Transformers and dragons, oh my! http://heatherbeast.deviantart.com

#31 Stormrave

Stormrave

Decepticon Field Commander

• Retired Staff
  • 21310 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

All I can say is, the Allspark's been so much more soothing since I blocked everyone and just go around closing threads at random every once in a while so it looks like I'm paying attention.

....what?

Pilot, Writer, Decepticon

http://www.fictorian...ns/mary-pletsch

#32 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Citizen
  • 4602 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(Stormrave @ May 7 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I can say is, the Allspark's been so much more soothing since I blocked everyone and just go around closing threads at random every once in a while so it looks like I'm paying attention.

....what?

*giggle* Happy Friday! icon-fire.gif

#33 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 4965 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(Stormrave @ May 7 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

....what?

I love that attitude!
Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#34 Moroboshi Ataru

Moroboshi Ataru
  • Citizen
  • 10197 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

The only people I have blocked are some of the anti-live-action movie crazies who came out of the woodwork in 07. I don't even really remember what they said, just that it was mind-numbing. I don't mean people who merely dislike the movie(s)...the really nutsoid ones are the ones I'm talking about, who ended up being banned anyway.

#35 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 53387 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(Necromancer Bob @ May 7 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly, the staff allows some trolls to continue posting under a mistaken concept of tolerance. I can name several people here who, because of their arrogance, condescension, or just plain idiocy and incoherence, shouldn't be allowed to post. I've reported them before, but nothing has been done. Since the staff hasn't done anything about them, it's up to the community itself to deal with them.

You see. That's a weird combination of 'irony' and 'you're right'.

#36 Tammy Tuesday

Tammy Tuesday

Skambified

• Citizen
  • 256 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

When will we be able to use the ignore feature on members of the staff?

Edited by It's San Holo!, 07 May 2010 - 12:59 PM.

#37 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 53387 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

That will not be an option.

#38 Bainreese

Bainreese
  • Public Relations
  • 13742 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(It's San Holo! @ May 7 2010, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When will we be able to use the ignore feature on members of the staff?

QUOTE(Kalidor @ May 7 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That will not be an option.

Now Kalidor, you know that's not true.

It's San Holo, the answer to your question is simple. You will be able to use the ignore feature on a particular staff members the moment a staff member is able to use the ignore feature on asinine users who annoy the hell out of them and who appear to only be around to instigate and aggravate other users. That is to say.....when he/she is no longer a staff member.

I might be going a bit further than Kal would prefer here....and if I do, he'll let me know. But....

We as a staff are rather proud of the community we've got here. We also take great care and respect in the way in which we enforce our TOS. We strive to make sure the rules are applied as fairly as possible in all cases and are not applied subjectively because of our like or dislike for a particular poster. That protects unpopular bungholes who annoy people but stay within the rules...and it also protects the bungholes who take unnecessary pot shots at the staff as well. Sometimes those people are one in the same. We follow our guidelines at times to a fault. We aren't perfect...but we very earnestly try.

So I'm going to say this without any sugar coating. If someone doesn't like the way Kalidor has set up this community and the way he and the staff runs it, they know where the door is. they don't have to come here. If they find some value in this community that they can't appear to live without....then be a positive contributor to the community. We don't promise they'll like everyone here. We don't promise they'll like everyone on staff. But we do ask that if they choose to come to this site they extend respect to those post here....including the staff. If they feel they have been wronged, report it. Even if it is a staff member. We'll deal with any report as we always do; by staff consensus. We can't promise they'll always agree with our decisions. What we can promise is that each and every report is discussed and considered with the rules in mind and the spirit of a good community at the heart of that decision making process.

We value all our community members. Even the ones we don't personally like. If we didn't....we'd just get rid of them and have our own little clique. But that isn't what the Allspark is about and that isn't how we operate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users