1492 replies to this topic

#621 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 27501 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(Airachnid @ Dec 6 2011, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gonna have to ask you to post a ref of what you're talking about.

Still, fact remains, for the past 20 years (give or take a few) Mark Hamill's Joker has been THE Joker. Save for The Batman, Under the Red Hood, and Batman Brave and the Bold.

The Batman Joker was different, but still fun and enjoyable.
Under the Red Hood was a buff version of TAS Joker, same sick humor different voice.
Brave and the Bold Joker was Classic Batman comics Joker, which fit since Brave and the Bold was Classic comics Batman.

This new incarnation is just lacking on all fronts. To me at least. This Joker will always be nothing but a stooge in Jokers clothing.

The Joker has a history of reinventing himself. From his preferred "multiple choice past" to his erratic personality. The Joker is a character through which you can view through many lenses.

If that's part of a single canon, why can't alternate media be the same way? Given that, Hamill isn't THE Joker, but rather, the most popular one.

#622 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34901 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

So, when do the new episodes start up again?

Please Check out my G1 Overlord Auction!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

#623 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10059 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(Airachnid @ Dec 6 2011, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gonna have to ask you to post a ref of what you're talking about.

Still, fact remains, for the past 20 years (give or take a few) Mark Hamill's Joker has been THE Joker. Save for The Batman, Under the Red Hood, and Batman Brave and the Bold.

The Batman Joker was different, but still fun and enjoyable.
Under the Red Hood was a buff version of TAS Joker, same sick humor different voice.
Brave and the Bold Joker was Classic Batman comics Joker, which fit since Brave and the Bold was Classic comics Batman.

This new incarnation is just lacking on all fronts. To me at least. This Joker will always be nothing but a stooge in Jokers clothing.

I absolutely hated The Batman's Joker. I never realised Greg Weisman had anything to do with that series (although I should have, seeing all the similarities between detective Yen and Elisa Maza) or that Kevin Michael Richardson was voicing him. That design and voice was so off for the Joker - he looked like a mutated lizard rather then a clown. The closest he came to being genuinely funny was in the Harley episode that Paul Dini wrote.

I am OK with this Joker, though. Much like the YJ Bane, he is younger and still getting his act working. He is also pretty similar to the Dark Knight version with his jokes being more brutal and to the point while being suicidally mad.

Back on topic, though, when can we expect new episodes? I love this show. I hope it stays on air for a long, long time and will not suffer from any DC meddlings due to whatever new crisis happens in the comics at the time.

QUOTE(Spinner @ Dec 1 2011, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Nov 30 2011, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm rather weary of the idea that everytime the Joker shows up, he has to be pulling the strings.

As for Deathstroke, we're talking about a character that is, by all intents and purposes, a hired gun. Having him work for someone else doesn't strike me as too much of a betrayal of what he's all about.

I don't need the Joker to be pulling the strings; I just don't think anyone should play him as a chump; He's the Joker. You can't predict what he'll do, you can't use him as a fall guy. In a better show, The Light would have been smart enough to realize they can't rely on the Joker as a minion. That's part of his character; he may not always call the shots, but he's nobody's chump. He messes up the best-laid plans of more manipulative villains on a whim; one day he'll rig a subway collision, the next he'll try and sell people laughing fish. Only an idiot would think they have any control over the Joker; for the Light to actually SUCCEED at using him as another pawn in their game goes against one of the Joker's basic tents; he's completely and totally unpredictable.

Geez, how did you miss the part of the episode where the Joker almost killed EVERYONE? While the rest of the Injustice League was willing to surrender, he would have rather killed himself and everyone around him then be captured. That's proving EXACTLY why he is totally unreliable. And just HOW do you know or can predict that Weisman won't have the Joker do some private investigating on his own, and finally getting to distrupt the Light's plans just for the heck of it?

I really wish people weren't comparing the Light's plans to past series' big reveals, considering we don't know what they are. I myself did not criticise Transformers Prime's big reveal about Optimus before they pulled it.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 09 January 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#624 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10059 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Upcoming episode info from Greg's site!

YJ UPDATE
SEASON ONE
101-118 have aired.
119-126 are all complete and in the can. That's right. All work on Season One is DONE! <whoo!>
SEASON TWO
201-207 have all shipped overseas for animation.
208-213 are all in storyboard and design. 208 and 209 are fully recorded, but we still have a few straggler voice actors to pick up for 210-212.
213 records the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. (Script is done.)
214 - I'm currently editing the script.
215 - I need to edit the script, which writer Jon Weisman completed.
216-218 - I need to edit the outlines, which writers Kevin Hopps, Brandon Vietti and Peter David have all completed.
219 - I need to write this one. Yes, 214-219 are all basically sitting on my desk. I have officially become a logjam.
220 - This one's in outline with the writer, Kevin Hopps.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 09 January 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#625 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34901 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 9 2012, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Upcoming episode info from Greg's site!

YJ UPDATE
SEASON ONE
101-118 have aired.
119-126 are all complete and in the can. That's right. All work on Season One is DONE! <whoo!>
SEASON TWO
201-207 have all shipped overseas for animation.
208-213 are all in storyboard and design. 208 and 209 are fully recorded, but we still have a few straggler voice actors to pick up for 210-212.
213 records the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. (Script is done.)
214 - I'm currently editing the script.
215 - I need to edit the script, which writer Jon Weisman completed.
216-218 - I need to edit the outlines, which writers Kevin Hopps, Brandon Vietti and Peter David have all completed.
219 - I need to write this one. Yes, 214-219 are all basically sitting on my desk. I have officially become a logjam.
220 - This one's in outline with the writer, Kevin Hopps.

How old is that? He mentions Thanksgiving.

#626 Ironbite

Ironbite

Trust the Fizzy Fisherman

• Citizen
  • 16039 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

BUT WHEN DOES IT COME BACK TO AIR YOU SON OF A BITCH!?

Welcome back exploding 'raptor.

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 3 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you so intent upon trying to damn everyone that you are willing to use material you know full well to be wrong?

#627 Confuzor

Confuzor

Now put em in Smash Bros!

• Supporter
  • 5004 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

At this point I'd rather anything bumping the thread over this redundant back-and-forth Joker argument.

Edited by Confuzor, 09 January 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#628 Database

Database

Dance my ponies, Dance!

• Citizen
  • 22554 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Should be soonish, as isn't DC Nation premiering this month? I think they are saving all the new episodes for then.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#629 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 34901 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(Ironbite @ Jan 9 2012, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUT WHEN DOES IT COME BACK TO AIR YOU SON OF A BITCH!?

Any word on this yet?

#630 Daith

Daith

Hero of Makeb

• Supporter
  • 5399 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Guys, just wait. Once news hits that it's coming out I'm sure one of us will rush to post it. As far as I know wiki has it listed as resuming March 3rd. As far as the DC Nation block it doesn't start till about spring time from last I heard.

Edited by Daith, 02 February 2012 - 11:31 AM.

3DS Friend Code : 1633-4354-6578 Username: Daith Pokemon X - Trainer Name :Phil

#631 Kil

Kil
  • Citizen
  • 6522 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

March 3rd as the return date has now been confirmed by Greg Weisman.

#632 Confuzor

Confuzor

Now put em in Smash Bros!

• Supporter
  • 5004 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

We'll get 6 eps and it'll go into re-runs again. Just you wait and see (this feels like Symbionic Titan all over again -__- )

#633 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11813 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Confuzor @ Feb 5 2012, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We'll get 6 eps and it'll go into re-runs again. Just you wait and see (this feels like Symbionic Titan all over again -__- )

feels like ANY CN show icon-waspy.gif

#634 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10059 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Well Clone Wars is pretty consistently aired...

#635 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

Bang.

• Citizen
  • 13562 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Well, judging by a DC Nation promo, it looks like HIGHLIGHT to view:
Zatanna and Rocket are gonna join the team.
QUOTE(Detour @ Sep 13 2013, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really depresses me when I see kids getting the intelligent cartoons and "adults" getting the most immature garbage ever animated.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#636 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11813 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(Spin Out @ Mar 1 2012, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, judging by a DC Nation promo, it looks like HIGHLIGHT to view:
Zatanna and Rocket are gonna join the team.

huzzah!

#637 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

Bang.

• Citizen
  • 13562 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Of course, I'm betting HIGHLIGHT to view:
Rocket dies, because HIGHLIGHT to view:
she's a Milestone character that isn't Static, and thus C-list fodder.
It really depresses me when I see kids getting the intelligent cartoons and "adults" getting the most immature garbage ever animated.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#638 BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave

Arachnofiliac

• Citizen
  • 10059 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

New Episode descriptions!

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Saturday, March 3: "Misplaced" -- When every adult on the planet disappears, only the team, Zatanna and Billy Batson are left to defeat the five most powerful sorcerers on Earth...

Saturday, March 10: "Coldhearted" -- Wally West comes oh-so-close to fulfilling his birthday wish to finally fight alongside the Justice League. Instead, a massively disappointed Kid Flash is taken off the mission and tasked with a simple delivery job. But a few deadly surprises await the birthday boy along the way...

Saturday, March 17: "Image" -- A covert operation against Queen Bee in Qurac forces Miss Martian to finally face her greatest fears and her biggest secrets. But will she reveal those secrets to her friends -- or allow what she's hiding to take down the entire team?

Saturday, March 24: "Agendas" -- Super Boy returns to project cadmus, where he learns the top-secret genetics lab may have created another Super-clone

Saturday, March 31: "Insecurity" -- Red Arrow's return undercuts Artemis' confidence, while the team's mission to track down Sportsmaster threatens to expose her darkest secrets.

Curiouser and curiouser.... Though one of them has a story VERY similar to JLU's "Kid Stuff". Air tomorrow, so we will soon see!

Edited by BB Shockwave, 02 March 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#639 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8288 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Mar 2 2012, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though one of them has a story VERY similar to JLU's "Kid Stuff". Air tomorrow, so we will soon see!

Which is itself very similar to "World Without Grownups" (and, IIRC, "Graduation Day") in the comics, so it's a common trope.

#640 Kickstrike

Kickstrike

Bang.

• Citizen
  • 13562 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

These episodes actually sound pretty good. I might just give this show another chance...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users