Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (10 December 2016 - 08:34 PM)

"Black Desert Online" here..

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 December 2016 - 06:31 PM)

I'm seeing a Dell ad right now

@  Varnon : (10 December 2016 - 05:44 PM)

I see the adds fine... but oh lort, what did I click on to make ladychinesedate and muslimmatrimonial ads come up?

@  ShadowMan024 : (10 December 2016 - 05:39 PM)

Why am I bringing that up? Because it also probably echoes how Marvel feels about the DC cinematic universe.

@  ShadowMan024 : (10 December 2016 - 05:37 PM)

Walt Disney on Fleischer Studios' Gulliver's Travels: "We can do better than that with our second-string animators."

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2016 - 05:29 PM)

I don't see any ads

@  Kalidor : (10 December 2016 - 04:54 PM)

Can you guys see the google ads? I tried to get rid of the invasive video ads but I feel like I broke something

@  Rycochet : (10 December 2016 - 06:00 AM)

I always find the subscriber numbers given by places like Facebook and Youtube highly dubious. He may have 50 million accounts subscribing to his videos, but how many of those actually watch, how many are unique people and not a 13 year old's 16 different youtube accounts and so on and so forth.

@  Blacknife : (10 December 2016 - 02:14 AM)

I suppose my guilty pleasure is Ijustine...so yeah...*thingsoneshouldn'tadmit

@  Waspinator : (10 December 2016 - 01:50 AM)

Honestly, there's people considered celebrities for much worse reasons.

@  Ms Virion : (10 December 2016 - 01:01 AM)

I don't know, if 50 million people all watch someone's content, I'm pretty sure they are.

@  Confuzor : (10 December 2016 - 12:47 AM)

Mr the Frog, we all discussed this and agreed "A youtube person is not a celebrity"

@  OrionPax44 : (09 December 2016 - 05:16 PM)

Only reason I know that name is due to my 13 year old would keep talking about him. He can go by by for all I care.

@  Rycochet : (09 December 2016 - 12:16 PM)

I doubt it's to help anyone but himself, by pointing out he can and will possibly totally delete his channel and getting a lot of buzz online for it, I'm sure he's hoping some other internet company or media dinosaur is going to throw money around to get him on board.

@  The Doctor Who : (09 December 2016 - 12:11 PM)

I mean, YouTube does have some really awful and content-creator-unfriendly policies, but, uh, I don't see what that would do to help...

@  Benbot : (09 December 2016 - 11:54 AM)

To protest how Youtube promotes certain videos and channels over others. Because...he doesn't get enough views...?

@  unluckiness : (09 December 2016 - 11:48 AM)

Why would he delete a source of income for basically doing nothing?

@  Dracula : (09 December 2016 - 11:43 AM)

He's a guy that does let's plays, and he claimed he'd delete his channel in protest of YouTube if he reached...what, 50M subscribers?

@  Rycochet : (09 December 2016 - 11:34 AM)

The internet equivelant of someone jangling keys and making a silly voice to amuse a toddler.

@  Benbot : (09 December 2016 - 11:30 AM)

for reasons that cannot be fathomed

@  Benbot : (09 December 2016 - 11:29 AM)

some Youtube guy that little kids like

@  Paladin : (09 December 2016 - 11:26 AM)

the hugs' a "Pewdiepie?"

@  Benbot : (09 December 2016 - 11:22 AM)

So has PewDiePie deleted his channel yet?

@  BlackMax : (09 December 2016 - 05:20 AM)

Sh Shrapnel Pig can have an army of clones of himself and chew through reinforced metal doors? I am officially afraid now.

@  Autobot Bubbs : (09 December 2016 - 03:46 AM)

Who said his name?

@  The Doctor Who : (08 December 2016 - 10:58 PM)

Shrapnel pig, Shrapnel Pig does whatever a Shrapnel can!

@  BlackMax : (08 December 2016 - 06:03 PM)

"Enjoy your shrapnel pig" is now a phrase I will work at random into conversation.

@  Rycochet : (08 December 2016 - 06:01 PM)

Enjoy your shrapnel pig, kids!

@  Rycochet : (08 December 2016 - 06:01 PM)

How about BWN Randy? GPS paired with a springloaded gimmick.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 December 2016 - 05:10 PM)

Find a box of G1 Slog. GPS and rubber shell rot.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (08 December 2016 - 05:08 PM)

The height of Transformer-toy-donation-based cruelty.

@  Bass X0 : (08 December 2016 - 05:06 PM)

Ha! That G2 Slingshot will crumble in their hands! That's pretty hateful.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (08 December 2016 - 05:03 PM)

Donate one of the older figures made entirely of gold plastic. :wtf

@  ShadowMan024 : (08 December 2016 - 04:49 PM)

Okay, that's going way too far.

@  Locoman : (08 December 2016 - 04:38 PM)

Armada Sideswipes for all the boys and girls!

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 December 2016 - 04:36 PM)

Okay now you're just taking this too far.

@  ShadowMan024 : (08 December 2016 - 04:32 PM)

And if you wanna go to hell, you'll donate a Tuner Mudflap.

@  Bass X0 : (08 December 2016 - 04:08 PM)

and if you're really feeling abusive, you will give the gift of Generations Cheetor. probably still some shelf-warming a store somewhere

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 December 2016 - 01:51 PM)

In that case, ALL the Rattraps.

@  Rycochet : (08 December 2016 - 10:47 AM)

Toys for tots you hate.

@  unluckiness : (08 December 2016 - 09:12 AM)

Poor tots, having to transform that.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 December 2016 - 12:04 AM)

If Rattrap is still there, I'll just buy it for Toys for Tots. Two plus years is too long to see a figure shelfwarm

@  The Doctor Who : (07 December 2016 - 09:24 PM)

About this much:

@  Telly : (07 December 2016 - 09:06 PM)

what length of rope do you think youll need?

@  D.M : (07 December 2016 - 08:59 PM)

He's gonna need more rope.

@  BlackMax : (07 December 2016 - 06:12 PM)

C'mon now, you can't play the game if you're not going to follow the rules.

@  The Doctor Who : (07 December 2016 - 05:04 PM)

Candlejack Skellington.

@  Noideaforaname : (07 December 2016 - 05:02 PM)

CANDLEJACK CANDLEJACK CANDLEJACK

@  BlackMax : (07 December 2016 - 04:27 PM)

What was he talking about? That old cartoon about Candlej

@  Dracula : (07 December 2016 - 03:01 PM)

ShadowMan024's body was never found

Photo
- - - - -

Hasbro Star Wars Q&A

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 37797 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

I'll make this a dual thread. We now have the answers from the last round, and we need questions for the next round...

Anyway, here are the answers:

1) For the Expanded Universe figures last year, what decisions - outside of fan polls and the Force Unleashed video game - went into deciding which characters you chose? Hasbro produced obvious, high demand characters, but then they also produced more obscure figures that honestly had some fans taken by surprise. Such as the Lt. Sunbers/Amani and other comic packs.

QUOTE(Hasbro)
We keep a list of comic packs that we think would make great candidates for future packs. Sometimes, we are motivated by a significant update to an existing character that may not have seen an update in some time and we may not have in the works. Other times, we are motivated by a new design that we could add that would make for a great new feature. Occasionally, we like the idea of a non-traditional army builder. All three of these were the basis for the Amanin pack you mention. Our designer for that pack loved the tank story and felt that he could do a version of the Amanin that truly rolled up like the aliens do in the story. We embraced the idea, but the ability to get a bendy-wire armature that really allowed the figure to roll up proved too difficult and the design was compromised, so instead we focused on just getting a nice new sculpt. We love our army of Amanin aliens. As for other EU selections, it sometimes is just a story or character that strikes us as interesting and feel like a natural extension of what we see on screen in the movies, such as many of the Rogue Squadron characters or numerous Jedi we have done from the Republic series. We are sorry to see a decreased focus on the EU for the near term and hope that one day we can see additional opportunities that pay tribute the great characters created for novels, comics, and video games.

2) In the Star Wars Crossover lines, we now have robot modes that are Droids. Such as the Battle Droid/Clone Wars AAT Tank, Magna Guard/Magna Guard Fighter, and Battle Droid Officer/Episode I AAT Tank. At the beginning of the line, it was said that Hasbro was hesitant to make robot modes that were robots. However, it seems that something has since changed. Would Hasbro ever then reconsider "Beast Mode" Crossover figures? Such as Dewbacks, Wampas, etc. that convert similar to the recent "Transformers Universe" Cheetor and Dinobot figures?

QUOTE(Hasbro)
We decided that since the droids were the natural adversaries of many of the characters we were doing, and were popular among kids, that we would pursue them for the Star Wars Transformers line. We don?t see the beasts in the same vein of general popularity, and don't have plans to do any at this time.

Answer #1 is a nice, in-depth response. I like! icon-ironhide.gif

Edited by NightViper, 27 April 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#2 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 19664 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

1) Why are Star Wars figures so much smaller than other Hasbro lines in the scale, like G.I.Joe and the various Marvel lines?

2) Why do some toys' head sculpts stray so far away from the original actors' likenesses? The "Sandstorm" and "partial Stormtrooper disguise" versions of Han Solo bear very little ressemblance to Harrison Ford, which is an awful thing indeed.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#3 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

1) Oota goota solo?

2) What processes do you use to prototype larger, interactive toys--playsets, large vehicles, and the like? At what point in the process do they get kid-tested?

#4 Daith

Daith

Cannon Now!

• Supporter
  • 7348 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

Well Glad to see my question answered with the spite edited out. Still bummed about most of the EU being thrown away to exclusive only fodder again though. Makes me wonder if the Secret Wars pack for the Marvel figures will continue on with other series or just fade away and leave the main line alone.
3DS Friend Codes : 1633-4354-6578 and 4270-3512-2442 Username: Daith (on both) Pokemon profiles - Trainer Name: X-Phil, Y-Emma Lynn, OR- Mara, AS- Ron Nintendo WiiU ID: Daithirian

#5 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 16820 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Rats, I forgot and missed this round of questions, but I guess I'll put one out there for the next:

-Did the last of the Titaniums have the same production run as others? It appears the Nebulon B Frigate and Outrider specifically are extremely rare in the world - even online auction sites have very few examples commanding unbelievably high prices. Is this simply a case of retailers not restocking the end of a line; do you have knowledge of whether to expect these at secondary retailers like Marshall's and Ross, or were they really manufactured in very small quantities and those of us who haven't seen them by now are just out of luck?

rGSsYeA.jpg

#6 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 37797 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

I never saw the Outrider either icon-screamer.gif

#7 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 16820 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Apr 8 2010, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Why are Star Wars figures so much smaller than other Hasbro lines in the scale, like G.I.Joe and the various Marvel lines?

It's really more that Star Wars figures have stayed mostly the same, only becoming more in scale to themselves such as Leia is no longer as tall as Chewie, while lines like Joe and Marvel have grown over the years. Joes and Marvel are no longer really 1:18.

rGSsYeA.jpg

#8 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 37797 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

Our latest answers!

1) While we know that there is no full redeco planned for the 3 3/4" scale Clone Wars Y-Wing, is there any possibility of a deco inversion? Instead of white and yellow, yellow and white? So that fans could have a show-accurate deco for Anakin and Ahsoka's bomber.

QUOTE(Hasbro)
Right now there are no more versions planned on the Y-Wing. It is likely we would do the red deco next, if and when we release another one. We are hopeful that we'll get to a new version in 2011 or 2012.

2) What scale is the upcoming Crossovers Yoda in robot mode? Will he be shorter than the other Crossovers robots?

QUOTE(Hasbro)
He will be a little both shorter than other Star Wars Transformers robots. It's still basically the same size vehicle, so the difference won't he buge but it will be noticeable.

#9 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 16820 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Apr 27 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our latest answers!

1) While we know that there is no full redeco planned for the 3 3/4" scale Clone Wars Y-Wing, is there any possibility of a deco inversion? Instead of white and yellow, yellow and white? So that fans could have a show-accurate deco for Anakin and Ahsoka's bomber.

QUOTE(Hasbro)
Right now there are no more versions planned on the Y-Wing. It is likely we would do the red deco next, if and when we release another one. We are hopeful that we'll get to a new version in 2011 or 2012.

Actually, the version we have is the Anakin/Ahsoka version; the inverted scheme would be the rest of Anakin's squadron.

I'm ok for the red one in a year or so.

rGSsYeA.jpg