Resident Evil: Afterlife

22 replies to this topic

#1 rodimus primevil

rodimus primevil

I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Citizen
  • 6464 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

When and where did this come from? Are they making another Resident Evil movie? Have none of them flopped bad enough that they can make a 4 movie?

click here to see the images. Id post them here but myspace has their name on em so Im not sure if I'd be violating some kind of law.

Silent Bob: Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things.

#2 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2131 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

I liked the 1st movie. That was it.

#3 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34859 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

Despite my enjoyment of the original movie and follower of the sequels, not to mention my Celebrity-Crush on Milla, all I can ask is: Why?!

Only good thing I suppose is none of these pictures have pictures of Alice's clones. But seriously, they ran the series into the ground with the two sequels (Even if Extinction was better then Apocalypse). Though I do wonder if they'll keep turning Alice into Parasite Eve. icon-fire.gif

Edited by Rust, 31 March 2010 - 08:25 PM.

photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#4 rodimus primevil

rodimus primevil

I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Citizen
  • 6464 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

The tag line over at imdb is: She's back...And she's bringing a few of her friends.

Edited by rodimus primevil, 31 March 2010 - 08:55 PM.

Silent Bob: Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things.

#5 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22854 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

I thought it was clear they were making a 4, based on the ending of 3. It pretty much screams "Its not over yet!"

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#6 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 35174 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

I need to change my pants. I even need to wash the ones that were hanging up in the closet on the other side of the house.

Yeah, Opening night, I'm there.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#7 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 13828 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

Each of the Resident Evil movies has made more than $100M at the domestic
box office, and they don't cost nearly that to make, and have supposedly done
very well on the post-cinema market (DVDs, Digital Downloads and such).

What I'm actually excited about is that they've filmed this movie with the same
3D cameras that James Cameron used instead of just pulling what other studios
are and post-converting the movie into 3D. That'll make a big difference.

I personally hate the movies, but I've seen them all, and as long as they stay
profitable there no reason they should keep making them. There's a really big
audience that eats these up and supports them and I'm all for it.
Yep.

#8 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2131 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

Even Capcom's fully CGI movie, RE: Degeneration was a letdown. I don't know why, but RE doesn't translate very well into movies. Ironic considering how much it was inspired by them.

#9 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

I've hated all these films, so I'm probably going to finally learn my lesson and ignore this installment.

Also, Milla Jovovich? Please learn how to close your mouth all the way. Seriously, I can't focus on any movie she's in. I'll I can do is stare at her mouth, astonished at how it's constantly wide open, and thinking, "Close it! She's got to close it sooner or later!"

And she never does.

#10 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34859 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

I dunno, before Resident Evil: Zero, the first movie worked well as a Prequel to the games. Coincidentally, I also find it the most enjoyable.

Apocalypse lacked the feel of the first one, but it did the action movie angle rather well and it is a good "Turn the brain off for two hours and enjoy the ride" kind of movie. Heck, the scene with the Child Zombies alone make it worth putting up with at least.

Extinction managed to find that "vibe" from the first one, but in terms of story it's the worst of the three. Though, in it's defense at least they restrain themselves when it comes to Alice's rising Mary Sue abilities for the most part. The Super Zombies were lame, but most offensive was how no one in the convoy realized C.J. had been bitten. I mean, these people were supposed to be survivors. I can't believe they wouldn't recognize the signs of infection by now.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#11 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

I've liked the movies so far. Although they are kind of lacking in real substance, I suppose it's just seeing her kick ass that is a weakness of mine. Super-powers FTW.

#12 JCx

JCx

Disco Spyder

• Citizen
  • 3678 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:25 AM

I liked the first, you could see these things happening alongside the games. But once they introduced characters from the games all they did was talk about how awesome Milla was and didn't do jive. Really Kung Fu vs Nemesis blah

#13 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 35174 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

http://www.dailymoti...iler_shortfilms

Awesome!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#14 TrapDoor

TrapDoor

Me and My Secretary Bird

• Citizen
  • 3704 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

Well I've seen and even moderately enjoyed the movies, and have a super crush on Milla....

That was the worst trailer I've ever seen. Is that trailer supposed to be seen in 3D?

It was all HEY LOOK HOW MANY THINGS WE CAN PUT IN YOUR FACE! POPPED OUT NINJA STARS, GUNS, SWORDS, TENTACLES! PEOPLE JUMPING AT YOU! PEOPLE JUMPING AWAY FROM YOU! WATCH OUT FOR ZOMBIES RUNNING AT YOU! 3D 3D 3D 3D! POKE IN THE EYE POKE POKE POKE!!! .

Am I the only one who felt that way? I'm guessing a few of you will say 'yes' but more will say 'no'.

Edited by TrapDoor, 05 April 2010 - 04:48 PM.

#15 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Live Free or Dinosaur.

• Supporter
  • 10247 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(TrapDoor @ Apr 5 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I've seen and even moderately enjoyed the movies, and have a super crush on Milla....

That was the worst trailer I've ever seen. Is that trailer supposed to be seen in 3D?

It was all HEY LOOK HOW MANY THINGS WE CAN PUT IN YOUR FACE! POPPED OUT NINJA STARS, GUNS, SWORDS, TENTACLES! PEOPLE JUMPING AT YOU! PEOPLE JUMPING AWAY FROM YOU! WATCH OUT FOR ZOMBIES RUNNING AT YOU! 3D 3D 3D 3D! POKE IN THE EYE POKE POKE POKE!!! .

Am I the only one who felt that way? I'm guessing a few of you will say 'yes' but more will say 'no'.

I never understand why this makes things bad or terrible.

I believe the word awesome comes to mind.

And hug the games. The movies are something different. And i love them.

#16 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28823 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

Bonus points for the use of "The Outsider" by A Perfect Circle for the trailer background music.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#17 Bigbot

Bigbot
  • Citizen
  • 9769 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

I enjoyed the first 2 films, hated the third one so I'm cautious.

As far as degeneration goes, I thought it was ace

#18 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34859 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

The biggest thing that threw me about Degeneration was the fact there wasn't a single gore shot in the entire film. It felt more like "Resident Evil: Parental Guidance Suggested". Now I'm not begging for a B-Movie quality Gorefest, but when the Zombies start a feeding frenzy, I expect blood and violence. Degeneration always managed to switch camera angles at the proper moment to deny the viewer a glimpse of the action.

#19 Bigbot

Bigbot
  • Citizen
  • 9769 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

RE: the trailer.

Las Plagas?!?!?!?!?

#20 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28823 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Apr 5 2010, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The biggest thing that threw me about Degeneration was the fact there wasn't a single gore shot in the entire film. It felt more like "Resident Evil: Parental Guidance Suggested". Now I'm not begging for a B-Movie quality Gorefest, but when the Zombies start a feeding frenzy, I expect blood and violence. Degeneration always managed to switch camera angles at the proper moment to deny the viewer a glimpse of the action.

You know what I wanna see? A Zombie that was so into manners and etiquette in-life, that when its chowing down on a human foot, it has both pinkies extended icon-fire.gif

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users