310 replies to this topic

#301 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

Massive backscrolling...

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Mar 17 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it was probably intentional, but Femme Appeal (great Austin Powers-esque name, btw) looks a LOT like Main Marian from Disney's Robin Hood.
QUOTE(Fero McPigletron @ Mar 23 2011, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Femme Appeal is eeeh. Feels out of place but it's because I'm thinking of it as a supernatural story, not a spy groove.
In fairness, Emma Peel had her share of having to deal with remarkably similar threats to the one presented here (Man-Eater of Surrey Green comes to mind), so she fit in quite nicely.

Also, is everyone here too young to spot blatant 1960s British television references? :(

Edited by Rezo, 30 September 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#302 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

Loot, pillage, burn, watch TV

• Supporter
  • 647 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Sep 30 2011, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must be too American. What show was Emma Peel from? The Avengers or something?

Correct.
American.
Born in the 70s.
*shrug*

#303 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron

Happy Nightmare Night!

• Supporter
  • 9428 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

The Avengers, yes. Her character was also played by Uma Thurman in the (admittedly forgettable) movie a while back.

#304 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condemented

• Supporter
  • 5147 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Oct 1 2011, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Avengers, yes. Her character was also played by Uma Thurman in the (admittedly forgettable) movie a while back.

You misspelled "Terrible" there.

#305 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14742 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

With these marking the end, they'll still be collected in trades, right?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#306 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23440 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Oct 12 2011, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure who two of the members of the League of Eve-il are. The red-haired one and the Asian-looking one. I'm guessing they're DuckTales characters I've forgotten all about?

Okay, League is from left to right:

Camile Chameleon from Darkwing Duck
Magica De Spell from Ducktales
Cinnamon Teal from Ducktales (Her only appearance)
Ammonia Pine from Darkwing Duck

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#307 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 5102 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

It definitely has the feeling like they're going out with a bang here.

I'm still convinced the ooze is all of the infinitely split Negaducks congealing back together into a negative sludge (Kinda like Ghostbusters 2)

#308 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 14742 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:08 AM

Just got the Darkwing/Ducktales trade yesterday, and wow, what a way to go out.

And I guess Scrooge's pogo-cane is canon now... was it ever seen before outside of the video games?

Anyway, I want to make sure I got all the Darkwing arcs: there was the returns, Crisis on Infinite Darkwings, the PR thing, and the FOWL/Duckthulu storyline, plus the crossover, right?

I may just get Rescue Rangers and Ducktales for the heck of it, to round things out-- how many trades am I looking at there?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

6E96J7Z.jpg

gNLoMUt.png

#309 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 3057 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

Just read the last of the Darkwings and the six of the Duck Tales. Ugh, what's up with the art with Duck Tales? Darkwing was all about quality while Duck Tales is a mess. Not too fond of the returning artifacts DT arc but isn't it a mistake that Scrooge ate the hats? The dinosaur wasn't returned (he stayed with his mother) so Scrooge still wins by 1 artifact (dino egg).

There were so many part of the Dangerous Currency that I cheered in, haha. I think my fave is the motherlode and agent 44's reveal. It loses points by the uneven quality of Duck Tales's side though.

On the previous arc, what's the reference to Launchpad doing the shirtless saxaphone bit? LOL, at thinking the campaign manager would be Gyro but it was Doofus instead. LOLer at Mayor Launchpad wrecking the city in 5min, haha.

Which issue and what part did Scrooge do the pogo cane? I don't recall seeing it.

#310 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 5102 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

IIRC It was when they were fighting the mutated triplets. Or the Souped up Fearsome Four.

Ducktales seemed to start intending to match the style of the old school Uncle Scrooge comics, but even then there were odd points where it looks like it wasn't inked right or even poorly laid out pages get sloppily tossed together in photoshop using elements of other panels.

LBD "Nytetrayn": Yes the last arc was compiled together as a single graphic novel with Darkwing and Ducktales sharing the title space. EDIT: Wow, I need to read better ^_^;;;

Edited by Confuzor, 26 December 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#311 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 3057 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Confuzor, I found the pogo cane when Scrooge zapped one of the mutated nephews. They could have spared a word balloon having Gyro ask for Scrooge's cane to modify it, like he did with Darkwing's gas gun.

Scrooge as the Masked Mallard had trick gadgets in his cane but I don't recall it having the pogo attachment. Scrooge was very cool as a superhero actually icon-waspy.gif

Ah, I can see about supposedly getting the feel of the classic Duck Tales comics but, eeeeh, I was thinking that Duck Tales should copy the cartoon art style instead.

A bit of googling on shirtless and saxophone got Lost Boys and Jon Hamm SNL Cursed. I'm not sure about the chain belt though. Since it was Launchpad campaigning, I thought it was a reference to uh, one of the American presidents playing a saxophone in the intro of Animaniacs. I hate not getting the easter eggs, like 70's family thing when Morgana was taken away. AWESOME that she came back. Also Quackerjack. BTW, what was so major about Megavolt's upgrade? It wasn't as cool or twisted as the other guys,

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users