Trust the Fizzy Fisherman

• Citizen
  • 16529 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Maybe at the end.

Welcome back exploding 'raptor.

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 3 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you so intent upon trying to damn everyone that you are willing to use material you know full well to be wrong?

#1082 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20251 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I hope she figures out how to talk to past Avatars eventually so we can see Aang again.

#1083 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8582 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(-VP- @ Apr 24 2012, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm almost expecting Korra to come to agree with the equalists and use the Avatar State to take away all bending around the world. Perhaps getting rid of bending would establish balance in the world, in a way.

That's actually what I'm thinking.

Remember how her teachers noted that, while she has mastered the physical aspects of bending, she has barely touched the spiritual aspects (which is why she's having such trouble with Airbending in the first place). Amon might be able to take away someone's elemental powers, but he can't do anything to the spiritual elements (discipline, self-control, wisdom); there's nothing physical about them.

It would make a nice narrative book-end for Korra to realize that she doesn't need control over the elements. Being the Avatar has nothing to do with "power," it's about balance.

#1084 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Apr 24 2012, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm almost expecting Korra to come to agree with the equalists and use the Avatar State to take away all bending around the world. Perhaps getting rid of bending would establish balance in the world, in a way.

Remember how her teachers noted that, while she has mastered the physical aspects of bending, she has barely touched the spiritual aspects (which is why she's having such trouble with Airbending in the first place). Amon might be able to take away someone's elemental powers, but he can't do anything to the spiritual elements (discipline, self-control, wisdom); there's nothing physical about them.

It would make a nice narrative book-end for Korra to realize that she doesn't need control over the elements. Being the Avatar has nothing to do with "power," it's about balance.

Personally, I rather hope they don't go that root at the very least since I want to see the universe continue for some time.

But I do expect her to strike a balance between benders and mundanes, seems to be her big arc for the series. You also have to remember though that Roku pointed out how the world was so out of balance due to the loss of the Airbenders, losing even more benders might cause even more problems.

I'd almost hope perhaps Korra will learn an inverse of the spirit bending technique, one that would allow her to grant bending to others.
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#1085 Glenn

Glenn

Sitting next to me may result in Smart-ass poisoning

• Citizen
  • 5781 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

or to everyone..

#1086 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9523 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(Vestras @ Apr 25 2012, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Apr 24 2012, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally, I rather hope they don't go that root at the very least since I want to see the universe continue for some time.

But I do expect her to strike a balance between benders and mundanes, seems to be her big arc for the series. You also have to remember though that Roku pointed out how the world was so out of balance due to the loss of the Airbenders, losing even more benders might cause even more problems.

I'd almost hope perhaps Korra will learn an inverse of the spirit bending technique, one that would allow her to grant bending to others.

Guys, the last time the Avatar went missing there was a giant war. I don't think there's any chance of this happening. This series is gonna throw us for a few big loops, plot wise. I can almost guarantee that.

Edited by Lizard King, 25 April 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#1087 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

getting ready for Nightmare night

• Citizen
  • 22394 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

I want to see more old aang flashbacks...

but I want to see Avatar state Korra first...

oh lord will that be awesome
Apparently Not happening tonight ... nobody tells me nothin'
I mean seriously how am I supposed to keep these ads updated and on topic...?

#1088 Varnon

Varnon

Counterpoint is a man's soul.

• Citizen
  • 9863 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

This episode wasn't as fun to me as the others. The first series was so good, its really hard to make comparisons, and really hard not to have super high expectations. I'm definitely still enjoying the show though.

The bit of flashback makes me wonder if Amon has some history with the old group.
What signature?

#1089 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

This Hallows Eve I shall have your soul

• Citizen
  • 2723 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

This got me thinking. If all bending was gone their world would crumble. They rely on Firebending lighting for electricity, earth benders for construction etc

The kid is smart the kid is clever. Stomping in Jack-o-lantern's weather

Backpack's strapped cause the world is cold. Headphones pumping don't ya know.

#1090 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22852 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

So... Anyone else thinking Tarloc is Amon? Being a coucilman would give reason for him to hide his face. And how best to keep on top of things then to play both sides against each other?
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#1091 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9523 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

This episode was honestly really boring. I enjoyed the flashbacks at the end, but that's it really.

#1092 Kil

Kil
  • Citizen
  • 6712 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

What is the deal with those flashbacks, though? Something went down in the past that holds a relevant lesson for Korra and the current situation?

#1093 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Citizen
  • 22394 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

I can understand not liking the different tone this episode had, but I certainly wouldn't call it boring.

We've got New relationship drama, We've learned a lot about Korra's mindstate and how she's seen herself up to this point.

I think she just moved past the "I'm the Avatar -deal with it." little girl from the pilot ... I completely didn't expect the first blood breakdown at the end.

and come on, how awesome is the satomobile

#1094 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional pain-in-the-ass

• Citizen
  • 4137 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Would like to know how thoes popped in there....
Its not broken.... its ADVANCED!

#1095 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 28116 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

If Amon and Tarlokk were the same guy, they'd have the same voice actor, I think.

#1096 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

• Citizen
  • 22394 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

well that's an outside the fiction idea, ... in fiction he could just be trying to hide his identity - perhaps a second VA was needed to do this because whomever was cast first couldn't mask his voice enough to be different enough.

or you know Maybe the writters don't want the plot ruined because the guy with the mask is voiced by the same guy who does the voice for a suspect O_o

but that's just silly

#1097 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 3253 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

I liked it, it was something different. Amon is a very smart villain, and it seems that the only way to deal with him, is from a political and public opinion standpoint. I also liked how Korra goes from confident to full of fear and doubt realistically, she is now conscious of how deep the slag she's into is. Tenzin continues to be an awesome adult, being there for Korra and all. And Mako's " I'm in love" face was just hilarious.
A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#1098 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3219 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I'm now wondering if Amon may be related to the guy named dropped by Tarlokk. We may have seen him in the flashback Korra had when knocked out.

Speaking of which, it was nice seeing older versions of Toph, Sokka and Ang. Interestingly enough, all three may be dead at this point too. No Zuko there either, with going by the outside info we learned last week, makes me think we will see him in the show during an episode later on.

Contributing Editor
Altered States Magazine
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com

#1099 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional pain-in-the-ass

• Citizen
  • 4137 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(Monocle @ Apr 28 2012, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm now wondering if Amon may be related to the guy named dropped by Tarlokk. We may have seen him in the flashback Korra had when knocked out.

Speaking of which, it was nice seeing older versions of Toph, Sokka and Ang. Interestingly enough, all three may be dead at this point too. No Zuko there either, with going by the outside info we learned last week, makes me think we will see him in the show during an episode later on.

Speaking of flashbacks... anybody saved the individual pics for the rest of us? I looked away and missed stuff. icon-screamer.gif
Its not broken.... its ADVANCED!

#1100 Ironbite

Ironbite

Trust the Fizzy Fisherman

• Citizen
  • 16529 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Tarlokk just strokes me the wrong way.

Ironbite-seriously slimy.

Welcome back exploding 'raptor.

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 3 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you so intent upon trying to damn everyone that you are willing to use material you know full well to be wrong?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users