Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 09:29 PM)

Oh wait, I see it's been addressed.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 09:27 PM)

I was when I posted that, yeah. I'll let you know if it happens again.

@  Dracula : (28 September 2016 - 02:10 PM)

You're clicking on threads and they're redirecting to that?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 September 2016 - 01:05 PM)

Why do forum pages keep forwarding me to this? http://www.allsparkt...2VjMDYxZTQxYmVl

@  Broadside : (28 September 2016 - 12:05 PM)

Anyone know what the caption on this page refers to? http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Primon

@  RichardT1977 : (28 September 2016 - 09:53 AM)

After the season finale where RM Corp found a way to make thinking Bots, I was hoping for a continuation of the story where Paradim learned the hard way the downside of Bots that can say, "No."

@  Rycochet : (28 September 2016 - 09:40 AM)

I liked Phantom 2040 more.

@  Blues : (27 September 2016 - 05:08 PM)

I LOVE BOT MASTER SO MUCH. Too bad the toys sucked. I even own jungle fiver. I love him so much, but he can barely stand on his own.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 September 2016 - 05:03 PM)

That's the 90s.

@  MEDdMI : (27 September 2016 - 04:50 PM)

Ninjzz? That's an unfortunate name.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 04:44 PM)

Also I thought Fico Ossio was quite nice on Revolutions.

@  Rycochet : (27 September 2016 - 04:36 PM)

You know the planet is in a jam, a diabolical plan of only one man. Louis Leon Paradim an international punk, and his army of 3As are his piece of junk.

@  Telly : (27 September 2016 - 04:26 PM)

for the longest time i thought jungle fiver was called jungle fiBer

@  Bass X0 : (27 September 2016 - 04:21 PM)

Does anybody remember the cartoon Bots Master? I enjoyed the show but looking back on it, most of the robot designs were lame. The only cool designs were Jungle Fiver and Ninjzz although the toys were nothing compared to Transformers of course. I thought the main human characters were decent enough for a show about robots. 

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 02:43 PM)

Although this is odd to me, since I'm fairly sure they are/were good friends.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 02:42 PM)

Yeah I stopped liking the guy when I found his Twitter.

@  zephyrX9 : (27 September 2016 - 12:35 PM)

https://twitter.com/DerrickJWyatt/status/779870732935233536 link

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2016 - 09:16 AM)

I cut out the middleman and assume that they're all jerks and/or shills.

@  Rycochet : (27 September 2016 - 07:15 AM)

Social media is the worst thing to happen to fandom, you can now see people whose work you like being jerks or shills on a daily basis, which is worse than a bad interview or two.

@  Robowang : (27 September 2016 - 07:12 AM)

Dirty Jerk Warts?

@  Broadside : (27 September 2016 - 07:05 AM)

Also, I guess he hates IDW Soundwave for not being an emotionless brick like the cartoon version? Man. Any enjoyment of Animated in future is going to be tainted for me by the fact that DJW is the worst kind of boring Geewunner.

@  Broadside : (27 September 2016 - 07:04 AM)

He also hates Action Man for no apparent reason other than "I don't know who this is and I don't care to find out". Which isn't fair, because Ian is the best character in IDW.

@  Jalaguy : (27 September 2016 - 06:47 AM)

DJW was mouthing off about the art for Revolution the other day too, doesn't entirely surprise.

@  Verity Carlo : (27 September 2016 - 05:11 AM)

Do you have a link, zephyr?

@  Cabooceratops : (27 September 2016 - 01:36 AM)

bweh!!

@  Cabooceratops : (27 September 2016 - 01:36 AM)

bweh bweh

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 10:11 PM)

Sipher's.

@  Telly : (26 September 2016 - 10:08 PM)

*has flashbacks of the "image wars"*

@  Touch My Thighs : (26 September 2016 - 09:30 PM)

Sakamoto or Sipher's art?

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 September 2016 - 08:17 PM)

Oof.

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 08:05 PM)

Sipher made a sarcastic remark about Sakamoto's skeeviness. Derrick called him an a**hole, and insulted his art, which was a low, unnecessary blow.

@  Touch My Thighs : (26 September 2016 - 07:43 PM)

What did Derrick do?

@  Pennpenn : (26 September 2016 - 07:42 PM)

That makes sense, thank you.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 September 2016 - 07:30 PM)

Derrick J. Wyatt?

@  Pennpenn : (26 September 2016 - 07:21 PM)

Djw?

@  zephyrX9 : (26 September 2016 - 05:45 PM)

wow, didn't expect to have to block djw on twitter

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 September 2016 - 02:48 PM)

Yeah, it was really sad that they didn't survive in any of the endings. Eaten by Unicron every time.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2016 - 12:17 PM)

I wish I could have seen Kick Axe live.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 September 2016 - 10:14 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk WWE Raw is on tonight. By the third hour, it'll probably feel the same, minus the actual physical trauma.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2016 - 09:51 AM)

I think I'd rather punch myself in the nuts.

@  Dracula : (26 September 2016 - 09:34 AM)

I think I'll watch Godzilla versus Gigan instead

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 September 2016 - 09:32 AM)

Hillary versus Trump tonight. Oh boy.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2016 - 06:53 AM)

I think I'm just too used to metal to not understand the lyrics.

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 September 2016 - 06:02 AM)

it's a vile interruption, chess the scripture way

@  Pennpenn : (26 September 2016 - 03:49 AM)

I've had versions where the issue doesn't come up (or at least doesn't come up in the part I notice the most), but the version that got remastered for Bluray and DVD releases have it.

@  Nevermore : (26 September 2016 - 02:05 AM)

I initially misheard "flying tools of torment" as "we're flyin' into some torment".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2016 - 01:08 AM)

If it's a problem with all released versions, maybe the original audio source was itself damaged?

@  Pennpenn : (25 September 2016 - 09:30 PM)

I wish they'd relase a remastered version that fixed the audio and included at least had an option to have the text crawl rather than the credits at the start.

@  Telly : (25 September 2016 - 09:27 PM)

tryin to buy the movie from amazon for $20-ish. the price of it has been fluctuating like crazy. not a day has gone by that it hasnt dropped to one price and then gone back up a few hours later. never seen a price fluctuate so much

@  Pennpenn : (25 September 2016 - 07:57 PM)

Then again, a lot of versions of the movie had pretty bad sound quality, even the most recent blu-rays mess it up in places, so it's not as much our fault if we misheard stuff.

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

The Legend of Korra

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3199 replies to this topic

#961 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 4732 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

I'd like to stick it out and wait to watch it on release day.... but you guys keep TEMPTING me!!!! >_<
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#962 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 10037 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE(Fero McPigletron @ Mar 25 2012, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I despise Korra for being so old, well, older than when Aang started. Stupid breasts. I want a younger Avatar. But, gosh, I almost teared up at the end of the match.

What. Well, anyway, bear in mind that Aang was actually told he was the Avatar far younger than he traditionally should have been, it's just that the monks foresaw the war coming and decided (over the protests of Giatsu or however that name is spelt) to tell Aang and start his training early. As you know, that didn't work out too well for the monks. It makes sense that Korra is 16+ at that point, althogh she is meant to be exceptional, even for the Avatar. I seem to remember Roku and the previous waterbender Avatar not getting the full mastery until they were adults.

#963 Ironbite

Ironbite

Rider.....kick.

• Supporter
  • 21189 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Korra was also bending 3 outta the 4 elements when she was a pot-bellied dyoungling as well. Exceptional isn't something I'd use to describe her myself.

Ironbite-Mary Sueish.....little bit more on the nose.

IBanimated.gif

darkmatchsmall.jpg

#964 Mark Pellegrini

Mark Pellegrini
  • Citizen
  • 13654 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

I think it's an interesting difference between Korra and Aang that they're showcasing.

Korra's natural aptitude for bending (with the exception of air) is far greater than Aang's. Aang had to be taught and dedicate a great deal of time and practice just to figure out how to start bending each element. Right out the gate, Korra could bend 3 of the 4, but she doesn't take to diligent training and focus like Aang did, so despite being able to bend 3 of the elements, she's not nearly as refined at it as Aang was, even though she's older.

It also explains why air is so difficult for her, because that element requires patience and training from the get-go and that sort of thing isn't her strength.

I like Korra so far, particularly because she's so different from Aang and that she's a deeply flawed Avatar (Aang felt more "Mary Sue-ish" to me than Korra, but I wouldn't qualify either of them as a Mary Sue).

And I don't get the complaint about her having breasts being a detraction. She's a female teenager, she's going to have a part of female teenager anatomy. I mean, if the artists were perving on her all the time then I can see where people might complain... but her build and wardrobe has been nothing but tasteful so far.

It seems like a really, really stupid complaint, to me.

#965 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Old habits die hard

• Retired Staff
  • 14684 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(Ironbite @ Mar 26 2012, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Korra was also bending 3 outta the 4 elements when she was a pot-bellied dyoungling as well. Exceptional isn't something I'd use to describe her myself.

No. Stop it. The overuse of this word is just ridiculous. Any character who displays the slightest bit of aptitude anymore is labeled a Mary Sue.

I'd like very much for us to get back to the proper use of the term, when fan characters with pitch-black hair, bi-colored eyes, who are the personal apprentice of Voldemort and has a name like "Raven Darkclaw-Potter" were properly called Sues.

Not the Avatar in her own media.

Edited by Matthias Phage, 26 March 2012 - 12:55 PM.

card-overlord.jpg

#966 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5460 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I sooo want to make innuendo about Korra's developments being a sl, uh, being in your f, um, never mind. LOL!

It's just that Korra's chest just reminds me that she's a maturing young woman, not a wide-eyed innocent sweet little girl like Tenzin's daughters. The Last Airbender was a bunch of children (CHILDREN!) against the big, bad world. Anything they accomplish is a huge feat because they're so young and what they experience scars and corrupts them and forces them to mature and so we watch them evolve as the series grew on. (this is why I loved the post boot Legion of Super-Heroes)

(hmm, from their clothes Katara, Suki, Azula, Mei and Tai Li weren't too obvious they had, uh, matured. It just scandalized me when Sokka and Suki were being active, though I know Sokka's older and, of course, different age of consent in a fictitious world)

Because Korra is already a teen, she's past parts of that. Plus the world is more or less at peace at that time so she was a little more coddled than the Aang Gang. Her being advanced, having 3 of the 4, may mean less time to evolve and less story. Plus, OMG, I envision teenage love drama angst. At least Zuko had a parental angle on his angst and the kids were at war; there should be no time for romance. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just that, well, I don't want it to be that Ember Island episode with Zuko and the girls at the beach ALL the time. Nothing wrong with shipping too. I just don't want it to be the focus.

Yes, it doesn't mean that Legend of Korra will be like that. Yes, I know Aang is a thousand years old because of the iceberg. Yes, I know that we don't really want a retread of the old storyline. Yes, I know that Korra was supposedly a mini therefore she has less story line laid out. Yes, I'm giving Korra a chance. I did love the end of the match. The music drove everything home for me. And Tenzin whooping too, LOL!

#967 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 31030 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(Fero McPigletron @ Mar 26 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because Korra is already a teen, she's past parts of that. Plus the world is more or less at peace at that time so she was a little more coddled than the Aang Gang. Her being advanced, having 3 of the 4, may mean less time to evolve and less story.

Two things:

1. This was originally meant to be a miniseries of about 13 episodes. So yeah, "less story" was where things kinda began.

2. This is essentially "Book 4: Air" with an Avatar that's done water, earth, and fire, already, so we see the kinda training needed for a Air Bender, as we'd already gotten some idea how training for the other three is done.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#968 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9600 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Just saw the second episode and it couldnt be more perfect

#969 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(Matthias Phage @ Mar 26 2012, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. Stop it. The overuse of this word is just ridiculous. Any character who displays the slightest bit of aptitude anymore is labeled a Mary Sue.

I'd like very much for us to get back to the proper use of the term, when fan characters with pitch-black hair, bi-colored eyes, who are the personal apprentice of Voldemort and has a name like "Raven Darkclaw-Potter" were properly called Sues.

This. So much this.

#970 ShadowMan024

ShadowMan024

The lines are blurring between wrong and right

• Citizen
  • 18678 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(Matthias Phage @ Mar 26 2012, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*hits the non-existant Like button*

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#971 Glenn

Glenn

Sitting next to me may result in Smart-ass poisoning

• Supporter
  • 6821 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(Asquian @ Mar 26 2012, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Matthias Phage @ Mar 26 2012, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This. So much this.

Yeah... if anything she's a Canon Sue... *runs away*

Missed the preview icon-screamer.gif have to wait till the 14th but still very excited.

#972 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 10037 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(Matthias Phage @ Mar 26 2012, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Especially if that character has the brass bound nerve to be female! To some people apparently making a female character powerful (even if it's a not-unreasonable level of power within the context of the story), independant, and self confident is enough to earn them the Sue collar.

#973 Corgsopal

Corgsopal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

First two episodes currently available for free on iTunes in HD and SD.
Reclaim the suffix.

#974 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14106 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Corgsopal @ Apr 6 2012, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Watched'm last night on my new AppleTV. I don't know if they were produced for 1080p, but they looked GLORIOUS.
Yep.

#975 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Servant of Med

• Supporter
  • 44003 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

wish Itunes Canada liked me...

oh well guess I'll just have to download them illegally from youtube
#Renegade4Life

#976 Corgsopal

Corgsopal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(PiratedTVPro @ Apr 6 2012, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Corgsopal @ Apr 6 2012, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Watched'm last night on my new AppleTV. I don't know if they were produced for 1080p, but they looked GLORIOUS.

I haven't had a chance to watch them on a big screen yet, but if the retina display on my phone is any indication, GLORIOUS is border line understatement.
Reclaim the suffix.

#977 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4020 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

just watched the two episodes a moment ago, and I am definitely in love with everything! HIGHLIGHT to view:
Tenzin's kids are awesome! I laughed hard at Meelo's hyperactive antics, and Tenzin begging the kids to not be troublesome in their teenage years.

"Look mom! IMMA snowbender!! "

Edited by Pony of Merak, 07 April 2012 - 01:26 PM.

A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#978 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18482 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just saw these this morning on the (legal, televised) premiere. Awesome...so glad to have more shows in this universe. The animation was top notch, the voice acting was great (Hi Milton!), and I like Korra's character, which I was concerned I wouldn't. I am definitely in it for the long haul.

#979 Transfotaku

Transfotaku
  • Citizen
  • 1425 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Mar 26 2012, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's an interesting difference between Korra and Aang that they're showcasing.

Korra's natural aptitude for bending (with the exception of air) is far greater than Aang's. Aang had to be taught and dedicate a great deal of time and practice just to figure out how to start bending each element. Right out the gate, Korra could bend 3 of the 4, but she doesn't take to diligent training and focus like Aang did, so despite being able to bend 3 of the elements, she's not nearly as refined at it as Aang was, even though she's older.

Remember though, Aang didn't start off taking to learning. He was a goof off and a know it all. He thought he could just 'do it' by and large by using Cliff Notes and wanting to, because he was the Avatar.

It took him screwing up his first foray into fire bending and harming Katara in order for him to start taking things seriously and actually try to train properly.
RIP Libby - Died June 1st, 2012
WANT: Nightmare Unicron, IDW Trailcutter, Hoist x2, Orion Pax x2, BH Arcee, Legend Optimus w/Roller

#980 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 4732 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

so... as to the villains we'll get to meet next week....

HIGHLIGHT to view:
they armed with Tai-li's style of chi-blocking, or they got something a bit more gamebreakingly powerful?

Also... any ideas on who might be hiding behind Amon's mask? I'm wondering if he isn't a possible descendant of Azula with a major 'I should be king of this' chip on his shoulder.

Course, that's just me and might be a tad stupid.
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness