15 replies to this topic

#1 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10339 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

In an effort to do more that simply post pictures here at the Allspark, Powered Convoy and I will be updating this thread frequently with our most recently finished galleries. Feel free to make comments about the pictures, discuss the figures or even make photo requests. To get things started, here are the 8 galleries from this week:

Animated Deluxe Cybertron Mode Autobot Ratchet
Animated Deluxe Waspinator
Animated Deluxe Jazz
Animated Voyager Skywarp
Animated Voyager Sunstorm (Target Exclusive)
Animated Activator Ratchet (Target Exclusive)
Alternity A-02 Megatron (Diamond Black)
ROTF Deluxe Infiltration Soundwave

Edited by Onyx Minor, 04 July 2010 - 02:28 PM.

Llevo el prisma de tus ojos en mi casco de astronauta y la tímida aurora de tus células...

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

President of the Deflowering Club

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:54 PM

#3 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10339 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

I know this isn't exactly what we talked about, but what kind of stand are you using for Sunstorm?

I hate (read:love) looking at your Alternity pictures. It makes me want to spend money I know I should not spend. icon-waspy.gif They look pretty poseable from what I see here, but I was wondering if there were any downsides to them. Anything about them you don't like?

From the original thread regarding Ratchet:

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Jan 31 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really nice gallery OM! I'm liking the look of this figure more than the original Ratchet. Do you prefer one to the other?

Randy

Thanks, Randy! Well, I like the original simply because it evokes the essence of all the character was for most of the show. This version has a younger, happier look to it. I should have included a side by side face shot to show the difference, but it is pretty visible here. This version is neat because it looks younger and stronger, with the complete crest on the head etc. I also really like the articulation, as he is super posable. The transformation is fun and decently challenging for this size and line.

Ultimately, I like them both for different reasons, but I would fidget with this one more due to novelty. I sure hope we get Ironhide down the road, because he would look great as this mold. The rear bumper/shock paddles make for a neat weapon. Before I finish, the EMP from Lockdown fits way better on this mold than the original.

Now, while I am at it, Randy and I have been backlogged, and we have a bit of catching up to do on older molds. I realize many of you may have them already, but we are going to do our best to catch up while we wait for the new stuff to start showing up. So, here is:

Animated Deluxe Waspinator

Makes me sad we did not get more beasts from Animated (there is never enough), especially a Buzzsaw (You listening, Hasbro?)

Llevo el prisma de tus ojos en mi casco de astronauta y la tímida aurora de tus células...

#4 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

The stand is a clear robot stand from HLJ. I don't remember exactly which one. I need to dig it out again, as I haven't used it in a while.

Alternity is really combines most of the best elements from the car Transformers in Binaltech, Movie 2007, and Universe 2008 in one. I love this line and it is by far my favorite at the moment. As much as I love Universe, figures like Sunstreaker and Sideswipe (which are some of my favorites) just look cheap compared to Alternity Convoy & Megatron.

I don't have any issues with my figures, except my silver Megatron's ankle has gotten real loose, but I think that's just bad luck on mine (and this is months and months after I got him).

They really are excellent. icon-hotrod.gif

Randy

#5 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10339 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

ROTF Deluxe Dirge

HA: Barricade and ROTF Bludgeon coming soon. icon-ironhide.gif

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Alternity A-03 Bumble (Champion Yellow)
Alternity A-03 Cliff (Supreme Red Pearl)

#7 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

Expect MP-08X King Grimlock & MP-01B Convoy Black soon...

#8 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10339 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

Cliffjumper looks drool-worthy. icon-ironhide.gif

Does BB have the same metallic paint that Cliffy seems to have? It is hard to tell.

#9 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

No, BB doesn't have that metallic paint. His is a light yellow. It's a very nice color, but I didn't manage to photograph it to well. icon-screamer.gif

Randy

#10 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Masterpiece MP8X King Grimlock

Randy

#11 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10339 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

ROFT Human Alliance Barricade with Frenzy!

I like Human Alliance Barricade a lot, but the hips are a disappointment. They are really limited because they are stuck at an angle. Otherwise, this is a beautiful figure with great features. Having Frenzy as a chest gunner looks awesome. icon-ironhide.gif

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:06 AM

That comparison shot is an excellent example to show how improved the Human Alliance figure is compared to the original deluxe. icon-ironhide.gif I really love the HA figure.

King Grimlock's bio for those who wanted to read it.

#13 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10339 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

ROTF Voyager Bludgeon

ROTF Deluxe Lockdown

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

• News and Content
  • 48769 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

Awesome galleries Onyx Minor! icon-ironhide.gif

I am really loving Lockdown. I much prefer this version to the Animated one.

Randy

#15 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10339 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 1 2010, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome galleries Onyx Minor! icon-ironhide.gif

I am really loving Lockdown. I much prefer this version to the Animated one.

Randy

Thanks! I like him a lot as well. Like everyone has been saying, due to his nature, I think he fits great with Classics, in spite of some of his design being movie aesthetic. I also love how they designed his inner thighs to rotate as you rotate the lower legs, he has a hook that won't break, hands that aren't posed inward and a really nice EMP generator. This is a great toy. icon-ironhide.gif

#16 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10339 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

OK, we've been on a little hiatus with real life things taking precedence, but here are 2 of the newest galleries. Randy has some awesome stuff we have not posted recently, and I am hoping he will add that in here soon as well.

Generations Deluxe Cybertronian Bumblebee
Generations Deluxe Cybertronian Optimus Prime

So awesome. icon-ironhide.gif

Anyhow, coming up are the rest of the Generations Wave 1 figures, Seaspray and the PCC figures as well. icon-ironhide.gif

Enjoy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users