1130 replies to this topic

#1 Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0

...or should I?

• Citizen
  • 7774 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

Well, on Saturday it will be here. Probably my second-most anticipated game of all time (behind KOTOR 2). So far, those of us who don't mind being spoiled by IGN and the like have found out a few things about the game's plot, and seen video highlighting the differences in gameplay.

For those that are curious, here is some non-spoilerific info:

* Your first-game save-games do in fact import to the new game, including which NPCs live or die, and grant your ME2 character bonuses based on your prior level and alignment.

* The game seems much more like a shooter and much more action-oriented. The physics of biotic attacks have been somewhat reworked.

* Several new alien species will be introduced in this game, including at least one that can be recruited into your party.

* As well as several old species.

* At least one party member from the first Mass Effect is still recruitable as a party member in ME2.

* One of the subplots of the first game figures prominently in this one.

#2 Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You like me because I'm a scoundrel

• Citizen
  • 6979 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

I already have a huge backlog of games due to recently buying a bunch of older titles at bargain basement prices from Newegg, but I think ME2 will take precedence. I only played once through the first one though.

#3 Prime 2.0

Prime 2.0

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

• Citizen
  • 6292 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

I hopefully will have enough funds to pick it up launch da but even if i have to wait it'll be worth it.

I played through the first one twice, could never break level 50 but i feel my second playthrough was the best so i'll be carrying that one over.
I really really hope they made it easier to use Biotics, havign to hkold down Rb and pause the action became a pain in the ass so i just stuck with overload and used that all the time.

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

#4 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2780 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

I'm really gonna miss Wrex, he got me out of some tight spots. At least you can get Garrus.

#5 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

Got it on preorder. Going to miss the old party; hope my Shepard and Liara can hook back up sometime.

Going to miss my never overheating guns and infinite Immunity, too. icon-fire.gif

#6 Prime 2.0

Prime 2.0

• Citizen
  • 6292 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Jan 19 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got it on preorder. Going to miss the old party; hope my Shepard and Liara can hook back up sometime.

Going to miss my never overheating guns and infinite Immunity, too. icon-fire.gif

I though your guns and armor transfer over.

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

#7 Zedoben

Zedoben

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 4744 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:14 AM

I want it, but it'll have to wait. My money is going to more pressing matters at the moment.

#8 Apostrophe

Apostrophe
  • Citizen
  • 1221 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

I have it pre-ordered but won't get to actually play it for a couple of weeks. I still need to finish the first game anyway.

#9 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23258 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(Prime 2.0 @ Jan 19 2010, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Jan 19 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I though your guns and armor transfer over.

Nope, whole new weapon and armor system, makes things like that incompatable.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#10 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6967 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:19 AM

Paid off the preorder today.

Midnight opening next week. I'm getting it on PC and will be at least installing it that night.
My laptop still has enough power to play games like this.

Though I think this is the last year my laptop will be good enough for new games.
"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#11 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6967 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:24 AM

Paid off the preorder today.

Midnight opening next week. I'm getting it on PC and will be at least installing it that night.
"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#12 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

I bought a digital copy, meaning I can preload it the 22nd and start playing right away on the 26th. icon-hotrod.gif

#13 shumworld

shumworld

"One down, two to go."

• Citizen
  • 7974 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

I already have my definitive save (with a decent amount of paragon points) ready with all the side missions completed etc. I'm looking forward to see what my results will be in ME2.

But I'm curious to see how Garrus and Tali will react to my "renegade" play save.

#14 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

Depends on how you did Garrus. He's pretty renegade himself, if you used the right conversation options!

I HAD one, but I lost it in a hard drive crash :/

#15 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23258 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Jan 20 2010, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends on how you did Garrus. He's pretty renegade himself, if you used the right conversation options!

I HAD one, but I lost it in a hard drive crash :/

Yeah, Garrus is the "Cop that doesn't play by the rules." He's always annoyed with how C-Sec can fail to catch a bad guy, becuase of all the red tape. He'll do anything to stop a criminal. You can either encourage that, or discourage that over the course of the game.

#16 shumworld

shumworld

"One down, two to go."

• Citizen
  • 7974 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Jan 20 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my renegade play threw, I never inivited him to join my team. I pretty much said I didn't trust him for being a Turian and I did not want him on my team.

#17 megamagnusagain

megamagnusagain

a winner is you

• Citizen
  • 1984 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

wonder if there will be any controversy with this game . I recall a dev mentioning something maybe jokingly about love in a Elevator.

Livin it up while I'm going down. Sorry

Can't wait for this to come out . Hopefully the game won't be buggy but we are talking about bioware. Usually their games are so good the faults are overlooked.

aka megamagnus, aka skidsmark

#18 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23258 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(shumworld @ Jan 20 2010, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Jan 20 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my renegade play threw, I never inivited him to join my team. I pretty much said I didn't trust him for being a Turian and I did not want him on my team.

I've always pondered doing a "Xenphobe" playthrough...

#19 Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You like me because I'm a scoundrel

• Citizen
  • 6979 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(mEgAmAgNuS @ Jan 20 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait for this to come out . Hopefully the game won't be buggy but we are talking about bioware. Usually their games are so good the faults are overlooked.

A major upside to current generation console games is that the developer can actually update them just like PC games.

#20 Prime 2.0

Prime 2.0

• Citizen
  • 6292 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Jealous Beauty @ Jan 20 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(mEgAmAgNuS @ Jan 20 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A major upside to current generation console games is that the developer can actually update them just like PC games.

True but ME1 was abandoned by Bioware like it had the plague.

Sure we got one decent DLC with Bring Down the Sky, but then they threw pennicle station at us and disappeared.

Heres hoping ME2 doesnt suffer the same fate. Considering there that Cerberus network thing for DLC i doubt it but crazier things have happened.

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users