6 replies to this topic

#1 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 7878 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:40 AM

So yesterday, Jim Caldwell, coach of the Indianapolis Colts, decided at 14-0 that perfection was a trivial pursuit and benched his top players in the 3rd quarter with a 15-10 lead against the NY Jets who actually had a reason to play. That's how the last unbeaten team in the NFL fell. The Jets, fighting for a playoff spot, came back and won the game. I understand the idea that you rest your players for the playoffs. I understand that 15-0 doesn't guarantee a perfect season (see the 07 patriots for proof of that). But still, the Colts have the best team in the league right now, one of the top 5 quarterbacks of all time (if not the greatest to play the position) and the were on the verge of doing something that this generation has only once seen seriously flirted with. As a sports fan I am sorely disappointed, and the Colts aren't even MY team.

energonsig.jpg

#2 CORVUS

CORVUS

Its showtime, folks!

• Supporter
  • 28374 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

Wow. That's not going to go over well.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#3 Star-A-Star

Star-A-Star

Who wants some robot chicken?

• Citizen
  • 5977 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:29 AM

Wonder how much the bribe was for this one.
Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#4 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

it's things like this that makes being indifferent to sports altogether pay off. From my perspective it looks like a lot of unnecessary stress and so on.

#5 Galenraff

Galenraff

Oh, by the way I've cracked the code.

• Public Relations
  • 30820 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:34 PM

Wow, I didn't pay attention but that is pretty messed up. No, they can't expect to win every game, but if they're not playing every game like they want to win it, that's just really bad management.

EDIT: And I'm not sure this makes sense as a bribing sort of thing. Sure, it's a New York team now in the playoffs, but at the same time, anyone would tune in to watch undefeated teams. Undefeated teams are big ratings-getters, so I'm not sure bribing them to lose really would pay off.

Edited by Galenraff, 28 December 2009 - 12:35 PM.

LookUp_zps6fe77c23.jpg

#6 Rodimal

Rodimal

.Though we are not now that strength that once moved Earth and H

• Citizen
  • 899 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Fullstrength Motleypuss @ Dec 28 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And who offered it, the Patriots or the Dolphins.
Touch passion when it comes your way, it's rare enough has it is. Don't walk away by when it calls you by name. Love isn't a committment, or a burden, or whatever you think it is... It's a feeling you have for someone. A feeling that words can never explain. Whenever you would put your life on the line to protect that person, that's love. Whenever you stay awake all night thinking about that person, that's love. When you're with that person, and the minutes seem like hours, that's love. It's never love when you have to think about it.

Look Up!

#7 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 7878 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(Rodimal @ Dec 28 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fullstrength Motleypuss @ Dec 28 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And who offered it, the Patriots or the Dolphins.

In unrelated news, Mercury Morris has sold off all his worldly possessions....

energonsig.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users