Drunk cross dressing 4 year old steals presents

4 replies to this topic

#1 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

http://www.newschann...-christmas.html

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WTVC-TV) - A 4-year-old boy, beer in hand, is accused of stealing Christmas presents from his neighbors. It's a strange story, but also a sad one.

April Wright is 21 years old and is going through a divorce with her husband who is in jail. She says she is not sure how her 4-year-old managed to get out of the house, open a beer, and steal the neighbors presents from under their tree. Now she's just glad he's okay and says she won't let it happen again.

The child, Hayden Wright, was found around 1:45 am Tuesday, wandering the streets of his neighborhood. In a police reports, officers said he was wearing a little girl's dress and drinking a beer. The police report says the child had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for alcohol consumption.

April Wright said, "Biggest concern was him being out there, getting kidnapped, getting run over, the alcohol, having to have his stomach pumped."

Wright says she woke up that night at 1:45 am and panicked when she found Hayden was gone. She says she put safety devices on all the doors so her kids couldn't get out, but Hayden was able to break the safety device off the doorknob and get outside.

Once out, Wright says her four year old followed his father's footsteps and was found on Blue Spruce Road, drinking.

"He runs away trying to find his father," she said. "He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office report says Hayden rang the doorbell a few houses down and the neighbor answered, finding the child holding a partially consumeed 12-ounce beer.

Wright said, "He got it out of my father's cooler in the back and how he got it open I don't understand because it was one of those tab beers."

But it doesn't stop there. The report said Hayden then snuck into a neighbor's house through an unlocked front door, and stole five wrapped Christmas gifts. One was a girl's brown dress which Hayden was wearing when police found him.

"Going to the neighbor's house and taking their presents, very embarrassing," said April.

She admits she was not just embarrassed, but scared, and rushed to the hospital that night with Hayden. She said she tries to be a good mother and loves her son, but now feels like a failure.

"Kids do things like this and it's out of your control, you can do the best you can as a mother, everyone makes mistakes, it was an honest mistake," she said.

Wright did meet with child protective services today who told her she will get to keep custody of Hayden.

Signature removed for exceeding 500X200 size limitations.

#2 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

This happened about a week ago, I meant to post it then. This is crazy though. Whenever I see stuff like this, it seems like more of a culmination, I mean who knows what kinda crap that kid has been subject to before this happened. I cant file this under "kids will be kids"...I am surprised the mom got custody back, the things that the kid did suggest so many other levels of issues, its crazy...hopefully the kid gets some counseling.

Then again, it could be as simple as the woman being a good parent, and only being guilty of having a deadbeat husband, and the kid needing a good discipline? Somehow I doubt it...please discuss.
Signature removed for exceeding 500X200 size limitations.

#3 Arsenal

Arsenal

That's just Prime.

• MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

"Kids do things like this and it's out of your control, you can do the best you can as a mother, everyone makes mistakes, it was an honest mistake," she said.

Yea kids get drunk and wear dresses all the time.

Poor kid.

#4 Stormrave

Stormrave

Decepticon Field Commander

• Retired Staff
  • 21314 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hm...

Okay, I'll be honest, I was sipping beer at 3. But not the WHOLE BOTTLE. My dad had a pretty strict definition of what "a taste" was and never let me get drunk or even buzzed. I knew *how* to get and open a beer, but I never once imagined drinking the whole thing myself instead of having a taste and passing it to my dad.

It sounds to me like this is a supervision issue on the part of the mom and more training needed for the kid. If the mom was around, she should have noticed her kid getting and drinking a beer and then leaving the house. Even if the mom was napping or in another room, the kid ought to know better, should have been taught that leaving the house alone is wrong, not to mention drinking beers (Though he is only 4).

The stealing thing is actually the least of my concerns. To a 4 year old, the idea of stealing in order to join dad in jail makes sense to a kid his age. It's not because he wanted the stuff.

I just hope the kid gets some better supervision and some more teaching about what is and isn't okay to do, and that this is the kind of thing the family looks back on and laughs at in 20 years, instead of something setting a pattern for the rest of his life.

When I was a kid, one of my friend's dads went to jail for sexual assault and I remember how very upset she was...she loved her dad, he'd always treated her like a father should, she didn't want to believe he did what he did (it wasn't rape but it was bad enough....) And I also remember how, when her dad was awaiting trial, my mom wouldn't let me go over there any more and I had to explain to my friend that it wasn't HER I was avoiding and that it wasn't that I hated her daddy now (and yet I feel my mom did the right thing there). Having a parent in jail is an awful thing.
Pilot, Writer, Decepticon

http://www.fictorian...ns/mary-pletsch

#5 Malikon

Malikon
  • Citizen
  • 3650 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:58 AM

that's pretty crazy.

My warped sense of humor can't help but wonder if he's getting a jumpstart on drinking, stealing, or cross dressing though. Which one really called to him? I guess he stole the beer and the dress so probably that one.

Amazing a 4 year old could even get out of the house though. Chains? Deadbolts? Nothing up high the kid can't open? Sound like she just had one of those plastic sleeves over the doorknob,......the ones that pop right off.
Mental note: Time spent here is time spent not playing guitar.
Malikon Videos, Lessons and Songs

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users