7 replies to this topic

#1 Fulcrum

Fulcrum

DEAL WITH IT

• Citizen
  • 2510 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

Shadows are down but might be enhanced, started highlighting. You can also see my crappy light source markers (the one on the right will be yellow/orange edgelight that will be done last)

Attached Thumbnails

• mishap_wip01.jpg

QUOTE("X-BoB58")
I'm gonna go off on a limb and say Shipwreck is the most dangerous man on the GIJoe team, what with the constant-threat to the sacred and holy institution of red-blooded American marriage he and his kind represent.

#2 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Citizen
  • 4667 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(Fulcrum @ Oct 30 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shadows are down but might be enhanced, started highlighting. You can also see my crappy light source markers (the one on the right will be yellow/orange edgelight that will be done last)

Interesting use of taupe. The color scheme is a bit desaturated for my taste with both colors not having much intensity; perhaps making it more saturated might help with the contrast. Alternately, keeping it a more burgundy color, and lightening up the beige color to be more white. Looking forward to seeing the shadows and specular highlights being put in, though. icon-ironhide.gif
********************************* ->?<- *********************************
I DO ART (SOMETIMES!!) Transformers and dragons, oh my! http://heatherbeast.deviantart.com

#3 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Tomodachi wa Mahou

• Supporter
  • 16297 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

I think the background is having an effect on the color scheme, though. I don't think it would seem to clash or anything on grey, and it's an unusual one for TF, so it appeals to me.

#4 Fulcrum

Fulcrum

DEAL WITH IT

• Citizen
  • 2510 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

Mucked about a bit with contrast and saturation, increased highlighting and shadows on the beige, started playing with highlights and reflections on the red, they'll probably end up smoothed out and changed slightly, at the moment they're very much "first draft", just seeing where they should go and how they should look.

Chucked in a grey bg so the colors stand out a bit more.

mishap_wip02.jpg

Edited by Fulcrum, 03 November 2009 - 11:46 AM.

QUOTE("X-BoB58")
I'm gonna go off on a limb and say Shipwreck is the most dangerous man on the GIJoe team, what with the constant-threat to the sacred and holy institution of red-blooded American marriage he and his kind represent.

#5 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Citizen
  • 4667 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:11 PM

The highlights and shadows really make the red look richer. Or perhaps I am being TRICKED by the grey bg. icon-arcee.gif Suggestion for the engine parts: Make them a dark nickel, and then splash some mud/grime on them with another layer using a brown scratchy brush with high light/dark and tonality jitter.
I DO ART (SOMETIMES!!) Transformers and dragons, oh my! http://heatherbeast.deviantart.com

#6 Fulcrum

Fulcrum

DEAL WITH IT

• Citizen
  • 2510 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

I'm not sure about the fill-light, but it's 90% done anyway (and I've got it in a seperate group so I can just remove it if decide I really don't like it)

Attached Thumbnails

• mishap_wip03.jpg

QUOTE("X-BoB58")

#7 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Citizen
  • 4667 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(Fulcrum @ Nov 6 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure about the fill-light, but it's 90% done anyway (and I've got it in a seperate group so I can just remove it if decide I really don't like it)

Him fleeing a fire would be completely appropriate.icon-arcee.gif

#8 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Tomodachi wa Mahou

• Supporter
  • 16297 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

Yeah, and obviously, it adds a hell of a lot of visual interest.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users