Transformers: The Facts?

39 replies to this topic

#1 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

I was browsing a little archive of Marvel UK Transformers comics, from issue #200, but I found a little booklet called Transformers: The Facts. It's all about who is stronggest, fastest, etc. of the Transformers.

This page in particular intersted me, as I love Transformers scale issues.

Metroplex is officially 698 feet tall, and it seems to imply that Devastator is 100 feet tall.

How come I've never heard of this booklet before? I didn't see a thing about all the "facts" that it presents. Anyone want to see more pages? It has more fun facts scattered in it's pages, like what are Rack'n'Ruin's alt modes, who is the strongest transformer for his size, and bios and pictures of the Marvel Transformers artists.

Edited by mignash, 16 October 2009 - 06:42 AM.

#2 Shattered

Shattered

Oh, shock!

• Citizen
  • 4479 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

Great find. More scans, please.

#3 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:10 AM

Okay, it's only 12 pages. Here is the whole thing. Might be worth mentioning in trivia sections of the Wiki or something.

#4 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 27435 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:10 AM

More please, indeed. I've never heard of this.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#5 Buster Darkwings

Buster Darkwings

evil bisshie

• Citizen
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

I remember that from the UK comics, I got most of mine secondhand in the late 90's with the free gifts still attached. A lot of the gifts were cheesy trinkets like a little plastic magnifying glass, though.

#6 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10673 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:48 AM

It's kind of depressing reading that pre-multiversal singularity Primus/Unicron thing and seeing that that it made simple, perfect sense.

Well, as much sense as you can make of primal gods that leave their bodies and end up stuck inside planetoids... but you get what I mean. The MS doesn't really jibe with it at all.
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#7 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 45715 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:43 AM

Well, as much sense as you can make of primal gods that leave their bodies and end up stuck inside planetoids... but you get what I mean. The MS doesn't really jibe with it at all.

Sure it does.

Primus and Unicron fought and shattered each other into neigh infinite pieces. A lot of said pieces apparently ended up inside planetoids that they reshaped and/or populated.

#8 landbasered

landbasered

Pronounced land- base- red. Not land- baserd

• Citizen
  • 1700 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:11 AM

I disagree with a lot of this.

So, apparently grimlock is the strongest transformer now, stronger than metroplex or galvatron? And he is intelligent, but chooses to act dumb to seem stronger?

... I don't like G1. Its so inconsistent.

#9 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 54280 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(landbasered @ Oct 16 2009, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree with a lot of this.

So, apparently grimlock is the strongest transformer now, stronger than metroplex or galvatron? And he is intelligent, but chooses to act dumb to seem stronger?

... I don't like G1. Its so inconsistent.

Did you read all of it? It says he's the strongest one of his size class, but giants like Menasor are stronger.

Order your Guardians of the Galaxy tickets from now until August 4th from Fandango and you not only help The Allspark, but you also get entered in a chance to win original movie props from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers movies.

#10 CORVUS

CORVUS

Its showtime, folks!

• Supporter
  • 28366 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:15 AM

Indeed. Reading IS fundamental...especially when you don't skip chunks *lol*

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#11 Kil

Kil
  • Citizen
  • 6513 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Oct 16 2009, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure it does.

Primus and Unicron fought and shattered each other into neigh infinite pieces. A lot of said pieces apparently ended up inside planetoids that they reshaped and/or populated.

That's not even close to how Unicron works in the current multiverse structure.

#12 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:39 AM

I know it's just my own personal fiction, but when I did my Transformers tabletop RPG the STRENGTH is relative to size - two guys with the same number the bigger one is stronger. So I'm kinda glad to see this makes sense. Grimlock is probably the strongest for his size.

Edited by mignash, 16 October 2009 - 06:46 AM.

#13 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41457 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:12 AM

So what about Mini-Bot Brawn then. Physically weaker than Perceptor just because he's smaller?

#14 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:05 AM

No. In the game (which I admit, I wrote, nothing official, but based on the Champions RPG rules) There is actually a formula in the RPG for strength based on STR stat from the tech spec, and I calculate it based on them being human height, then I apply the "growth" power bonus from the Champions RPG rules (which increase lifting ability 8 times for every doubling of height).

I think based Brawn is standing 16 feet tall, and Perceptor is 18 feet (again, just guessing). With their initial STR stats and the size bonus Brawn can lift 20 tons (because he has a STR 9), Perceptor 15 tons (he has a STR of 7). If they had been the same height Brawn would be able to lift much more than that, but Perceptor got more than Brawn for the height bonus. I think in the RPG Brawn ends up being the second strongest of the original '84 Autobots, behind Prime. Big guys like Jetfire, some Dinobots and Omega Supreme and such outclassed him in the '85 line. Jetfire was a case where his sheer SIZE demanded strength, despite having a STR of only 6. If Brawn had been the same size as Jetfire, Brawn would be stronger.

Edited by mignash, 16 October 2009 - 08:12 AM.

#15 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 45715 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

How so? icon-depth.gif

#16 Lukeblast

Lukeblast
  • Forum Moderator
  • 10673 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Oct 16 2009, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure it does.

That... is apparently some weird third option you've come up with. It doesn't match the MS origin OR the one detailed above.
"For the love of Crom, am I the only one here who wants to keep the U.S. technologically competitive?"

#17 Kil

Kil
  • Citizen
  • 6513 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Oct 16 2009, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How so? icon-depth.gif

Unicron was never "shattered into neigh infinite pieces." There's only one of him.

#18 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Kil @ Oct 16 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How so? icon-depth.gif

Unicron was never "shattered into neigh infinite pieces." There's only one of him.

Technically 2, if one is the big robot Primacron built, and the other a Chaos god inhabiting a metal planet. ;-)

Maybe Primacron built his giant robot that turns into a planet eating planet to look like the REAL Chaos God Unicron? It even started to think it WAS the real Unicron.

Edited by mignash, 16 October 2009 - 08:41 AM.

#19 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 2682 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(mignash @ Oct 16 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Kil @ Oct 16 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How so? icon-depth.gif

Technically 2, if one is the big robot Primacron built, and the other a Chaos god inhabiting a metal planet. ;-)

Maybe Primacron built his giant robot that turns into a planet eating planet to look like the REAL Chaos God Unicron? It even started to think it WAS the real Unicron.

Or maybe Unicron shaped his asteroid prison into a rough humanoid/planetoid shape of living spacerock (think Rocklords) and Primacron refined him into his current giant robot god form giving him improved mobility, senses, speed, etc. in exchange for arcane knowledge in some sort of Faustian deal.

Also: I love this thing. Sig'd.

#20 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

Back to Metroplex, we recently uncovered a Comics Bom Bom issue that said Metroplex is 800 meters tall. This UK comic says a mere 698 feet, which is 212.8 metters. So Metroplex is nearly 4 times as tall in the Japanese continuity than in the UK continuity?

It's also neat to note that the tech specs for Broadside say he's 1200 feet long in aircraft carrier mode, so in the UK height of Metroplex with these numbers, Broadside is longer bigger than Metroplex is tall? Interesting.

PS - I also giggle at their depiction of Blurr as the fastest Transformer. Maybe they mean reaction time or something, but they made a big deal that he can go in vehicle mode faster than the speed of sound! Yes, I know that's really fast FOR A CAR. Anyone in the UK team read the tech specs of the various jets who have max speed as multiples of the speed of sound?

Edited by mignash, 16 October 2009 - 10:26 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users