Photo

DEMON SOULS

14 replies to this topic

#1 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

I dont see any topics on this. This game is pure hard, and 100% awesome! The online help system, and being able to see how others died is cool. Did anyone else pick this up?
Signature removed for exceeding 500X200 size limitations.

#2 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

It's on my list for spring when I'll likely pick up a PS3. This, the Uncharted games, and a couple of others mean the system is finally hitting the threshold that, for me, warrants purchase.

#3 Cabal

Cabal
  • Citizen
  • 2060 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

I've got it but, I haven't had much of a chance to play it so far.

#4 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7767 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

I'm stuck on the first level. x.x

#5 *Deathblade

*Deathblade
  • Citizen
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

OK, I'll expand on the gameplay.

Its alot like a rogue-like and Baldurs gate mixed together

You are meant to die, ALOT. Its never really feels unfair, though. Most times when you die, its because you rushed into a situation unprepared. Some enemies can kill you in one or two hits, but you learn to use your souls (currency) to level up your attributes, and your equipment.

Eventually you get further and further, and learn to observe the enemy attack strategies. When you die, you leave a bloodstain. Other people can touch the bloodstain and see the last few seconds of your demise while still playing in real-time. Your game is essentially offline, but you can see other players playing their game. They show up as white siluoettes in your game, you can see them briefly for a few seconds.

The deaths and brief glimpses can often times clue you in to ambushes and strong enemies, as strong enemies often times have numerous bloodstains in the area.

Other players can join your game for good or ill, but they have to have the items to do it. Its not something they can actively abuse, unless they farm the items.

You can also leave hints at any point, see a hidden treasure, leave a hint, strong enemy ahead, leave a hint...if others find your hint useful, they can recommend it, and you get a small real-time life restoration. You can gauge how useful a hint is by looking at how many times its been recommended. You can also simply ask for help, and people can recommend you, and get a life boost that way.

This game is like nothing I have played!
Signature removed for exceeding 500X200 size limitations.

#6 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7767 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

I'm still trying to get past the first level. It's soo fricken hard.

In a good way.

#7 Caldwin

Caldwin

Making people furry since 1985

• Citizen
  • 7383 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

It's on my list of things to get...when I finally actually have money I can spend. I haven't heard much about it. But what I have heard seems to point to "awesome."
They defictionalized Ryncol. All is right with the world.

#8 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Nov 1 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's on my list of things to get...when I finally actually have money I can spend. I haven't heard much about it. But what I have heard seems to point to "awesome."

what I've read is a combination of original, awesome, and soul crushingly difficult.

I do look forward to playing it...this spring...

#9 Prime 2.0

Prime 2.0

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

• Citizen
  • 6292 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

waiting for a price drop, or another BOGO sale

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

#10 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:07 AM

I picked this up a week or so ago. It;s really cool. THe grinding is so enjoyable and the risk reward system is nice. I haven't had a chance to play for an extended period of time but I am looking forward to the chance. I'm seeing it as one hell of a time sink...

X

#11 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12517 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:28 AM

Psst.

It's "Demon's Souls."

#12 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

• Citizen
  • 676 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Over half way through Ng +. Working on world tendencies. +9 purple flame shield plus any spear is mean mean mean. Throw the Northern regalia into the mix with a white or black character tendency and the damage gets pretty harsh. I realize that there are maybe three of us here playing/played this one, but wow is it a neat game.

X

#13 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Citizen
  • 2741 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(Xero Prime @ Jan 30 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Over half way through Ng +. Working on world tendencies. +9 purple flame shield plus any spear is mean mean mean. Throw the Northern regalia into the mix with a white or black character tendency and the damage gets pretty harsh. I realize that there are maybe three of us here playing/played this one, but wow is it a neat game.

X

Your half way through! I couldn't even beat the first stage! I got fed up with it and sold it.

#14 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7767 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE(Gunrage @ Jan 31 2010, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Xero Prime @ Jan 30 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

X

Your half way through! I couldn't even beat the first stage! I got fed up with it and sold it.

Half way through NG+ that means he already beat the game once.

#15 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

• Citizen
  • 676 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

I think the first level the first time it the hardest thing in the game...well 5-2 the first time is the hardest, but at least you know what to expect...but my point is, you get the game, everyone is talking about how hard it is ect ect. Add difficult gameplay to normal new game confusion and it can be painful.

As you come to accept the failure of dying and realize how easy it really is to recover from it the game becomes somewhat easy. Most the levels have built in check points in the form of short cuts that you activate by reaching a reasonable distance into the level...but yeah it's not for everyone.

x

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users