6 replies to this topic

#1 Fulcrum

Fulcrum

DEAL WITH IT

• Citizen
  • 2510 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

I was in Poundland the other day (basically a One Dollar Store for you Yanks) when a knockoff of a Cybertron Legends Thundercracker caught my eye. Crafted from green plastic and with minimal yellow and grey paint apps, it looked like a very cheap version of my fancharacter Fulcrum. What the hell, I thought, grabbing it off the rack. It's only one quid.

So I've started painting it.

Here he is after the first couple of coats of Tamya spray (Olive Drab 2). While he's already green, this base coat will help any further paint apps stick. At this stage you can still see bits of his original yellow paint apps showing through. Don't worry, I dealt to those.

...and here's the jet mode after another couple of coats of spray and some detailing work. I'm using all Citadel paints. The green has been given a Badab Black ink wash to bring out the lines. The grey is Codex Grey, another black ink wash, then the panels were lined with Fotress Grey and corrected with a bit more Codex. The yellow is an Iyaden Darksun basecoat, and the nosecone is straight Chaos black.

Next step is to give the green the same treatment as the grey, lining it with Camo green then corrected with Catachan Green. The engines will be picked out in Boltgun Metal, drybrushed with Mithril Silver, given a black ink wash, then some Tin Bitz applied to represent scorching. Finally he cockpit will be painted with a reflective yellow scheme.

Then it's on to the robot mode!

Edited by Fulcrum, 11 October 2009 - 04:20 PM.

QUOTE("X-BoB58")
I'm gonna go off on a limb and say Shipwreck is the most dangerous man on the GIJoe team, what with the constant-threat to the sacred and holy institution of red-blooded American marriage he and his kind represent.

#2 Blueshift

Blueshift
  • Citizen
  • 2114 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

That is looking aces!

#3 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5851 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

You know. That KO looks better than the original. I got mine in a cheap sale (like half, half off lying in a pile of Cyb Unicrons) and it whasn't even worth the 5$ it cost. It doesn't peg together at all.

Great vehicle mode though.

Either way, this looks promising. How are you doing with the hammer, or am I confusing fancharacters here?

#4 Fulcrum

Fulcrum

DEAL WITH IT

• Citizen
  • 2510 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Weremole @ Oct 11 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either way, this looks promising. How are you doing with the hammer, or am I confusing fancharacters here?

You're not confused, but the trouble is that he doesn't have any fist holes! And while I could drill some, the plastic would probably shatter. So I'm afraid he'll have to do without.

QUOTE("X-BoB58")
I'm gonna go off on a limb and say Shipwreck is the most dangerous man on the GIJoe team, what with the constant-threat to the sacred and holy institution of red-blooded American marriage he and his kind represent.

#5 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5851 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

You could do the Skids version of constructing something that clips ON the fist rather than slides into it. Ofcourse that may end up to be a lot of work.

#6 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Citizen
  • 4721 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

Oh gosh you have GOT to find a way to work the hammer in. <3

This is looking nice so far, I am glad you are pursuing this project (again).
********************************* ->?<- *********************************
I DO ART (SOMETIMES!!) Transformers and dragons, oh my! http://heatherbeast.deviantart.com
********************************* ->?<- *********************************

#7 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28847 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

I'd try drilling it out with a pin-vise for starters. You could probably do that carefully enough to justify the attempt, or possibly get fists from another TF or KO to use instead.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users