- - - - -

Need advice on Chevy Aveo Swerve

6 replies to this topic

#1 videriant

videriant
  • Citizen
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hoping for some advice as you guys are pretty level-headed and fair.

I did a trade with a TFW board member in Canada for a the Chevy Aveo Swerve. Just got the item and the leg fell right off. It looks like the factory installed one of the pins in the legs at an angle so it took a chunk out of the plastic and my hopes for fixing it are slim. The board member is willing to let me ship my Swerve back to him and send me his but I'd feel bad because it's not his fault as the item was MISB. What should I do?

1) Does anybody here have a spare right leg for Swerve?

2) Should I just write it up as a loss? Or return the item?

3) If I keep it should I just glue it back together as a display item?

I'll post pictures when I get home in case somebody can suggest a way to fix it.

Pic 1 is pin. It was forced in at an angle so the hole is double the size now.

Pic 2 is where the pin should go. As you can see, the pin was forced in at an angle and took out a chunk. I'm afraid that if I straighten the pin and force it in the hole will crack completely. Or if it doesn't crack right away, it'll crack later with repeat transformation.

Edited by videriant, 22 July 2009 - 11:30 PM.

#2 Cat

Cat

Official Stick Reviewer

• Supporter
  • 6991 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

If I were you, I'd post some pics, and let some of our talented customisers see if they can give you any pointers.

And while it's an extremely generous affair of your Canadian friend, you're right, it doesn't seem fair for him to get a broken one out of this.

#3 Rosicrucian

Rosicrucian

Frater

• Citizen
  • 5358 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Nobody has a spare anything for that particular Swerve.

#4 AireCoos

AireCoos
  • Citizen
  • 1854 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

He's become beyond rare, but also turns out to be worth each and every penny you pay for him. I love this figure, such a shame he wasn't mass produced.

#5 Scottimus Prime

Scottimus Prime

Wanna check these ratings? I seem to have an audience of 2...

• Supporter
  • 6090 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(AireCoos @ Jul 22 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's become beyond rare, but also turns out to be worth each and every penny you pay for him. I love this figure, such a shame he wasn't mass produced.

Everyone keep an eye and ear open -- when I got mine last week, the reps said there were plans for similar mall promos here in the US before all of the bankruptcy problems, and while they didn't know for sure either way, those may eventually still happen...
QUOTE(Drivaaar @ Jan 22 2006, 06:22 PM)
Y'see, even the Editor of the Enquirer has to draw the pun line somewhere, and you just obliterated that line with a big huge cannon filled with vast amounts of gunpowder.

#6 videriant

videriant
  • Citizen
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

Pics added. Any advice on any of the three questions is appreciated.

#7 Cat

Cat

Official Stick Reviewer

• Supporter
  • 6991 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:18 AM

Yikes!!!!!!!!

With pics, it should be helpful for you to get some accurate advice. Looks salvagable to me, but I'll leave it for those more knowledgable than me. (IE Every customiser)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users