Dungeons & Dinobots

67 replies to this topic

#61 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 3449 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

Movie and Animated is easy to explain into the retcon.
The Allsparks are how Primus chose to take form in those universes, and Unicron has yet to show up.

IDW continuity is already in a bit of a mess without bringing Primus and Unicron in.
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2564-4662

#62 Detour

Detour

You humans are so weird.

• Supporter
  • 16787 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:32 AM

Honestly, linking the "universes" like that was about as stupid a move as could be made since it really limits possibilities to do things differently.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#63 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

Is SG Swoop supposed to be modeled after Armada Ravenous? It said he was dark green with red claws.

http://tfwiki.net/wi...ki/Ravenus_(UT)

If they released this as a club figure you could use him as Ravenous or SG swoop. Very cool.

#64 Chaotic Descent

Chaotic Descent

CHAOS! You got a one way ticket to CHAOS! CHAOS!

• Citizen
  • 14021 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(Chip @ Dec 6 2008, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Detour @ Dec 6 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Like X-9 said, he looks like Energon Inferno/Roadblock, with a new head and no apparent tool on his arm.

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Roadblock. You can tell by the grille. It works better anyway, what with the constructionny hook implement.

Huh... so we would get
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Energon Hauler. ... maybe.

Man, do we REALLY have to keep doing spoilers in here? There isn't anything that ISN'T spoilers. icon-waspy.gif

#65 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

I'm guessing that if you are reading the fourth page of a thread about a story, you either already read it or want to know about it. I never considered casting or setup to be a "spoiler" anyways, just the surprises and the finale.

I mentioned the double use of figures in the figure thread. If the club did make these toys they could release two sets of stickers for them, and you choose which toy you want to make of it... Classic Hauler or SG Ratchet... Armada Ravenous or SG Swoop... Classic Slicer or SG Wheeljack.

Edited by mignash, 07 December 2008 - 11:11 AM.

#66 M Sipher

M Sipher

Tinja Nurtles.

• Citizen
  • 10315 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Dec 7 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, linking the "universes" like that was about as stupid a move as could be made since it really limits possibilities to do things differently.

Ehn, not really. You don't HAVE to address a lot of that stuff in Continuity X. Any future, say, Robots in Disguise story doesn't really need to address the whole Primus/Unicron thing.

Forever is a long time. Lots of time for Unicron to happen... later.

M "Plus, One Would Assume Primus Would Try new Approaches" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#67 TrentTroop

TrentTroop

He knows changes aren't permanent. But change is.

• Citizen
  • 4024 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

The Ravenous colors are intentional. There is leeway on which pterodactyl-style Dinosaur mold Swoop would be, but personally, I imagined Brimstone.

Good to see that people are enjoying the text stories. This one was fun to write, with all its fun, twisted-around characterizations and the chance to really explore the mirroverse cars. The mirrorverse is just a fun place to dabble. Plus Evan's artwork turned out great.

I look forward to feedback in any/every case.

-Trent

#68 mignash

mignash
  • MORON
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

The Brimstone mold is cool too. I always wondered why that mold never got a single repaint. There are pleanty of possibilities out there... Swoop, Terrorsaur, Lazorbeak, Hydra, Terranotron, Yokuryu from Dinoforce, and about a half dozen other obscure 'dactyl characters you could repaint him as. I thought Hasbro liked to make repaints and all... nothing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users