478 replies to this topic

#21 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Citizen
  • 2898 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(StarScreamZX @ Oct 5 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep the Legends coming I say. Hopefully, Gears will get the Legends treatment as well!

Keep them coming, INDEED!

As soon as I seen Beachcomber, it made me wish deeply for Legends Seaspray!

The Universe gives, but exacts it's own cost

in promised potential and paradise lost

Electro-mechanical hearts still can break

with the loss of a hero, and the hope he can take

"Statue and Darkness"
(1st 2 stanzas of the prelude to part 7 - "Gone")

#22 Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime

Thank you for choosing Ponyville Trailways!

• Citizen
  • 5696 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:29 PM

Folks:

The thing I like best about these 3 is that their designs are so well-executed. Jazz was the first I found, and I was very impressed by his fine details and excellent head sculpt. I honestly can't think of a Legends class head that is so well-done. Many of them have had chunky details that are meant to suggest the features, but Jazz holds up well under very close scrutiny. Another great thing about Jazz is his car mode - it needs paint on the windows, sure, but it's very streamlined, with no protruding hinges or awkward bits.

#23 StarScreamZX

StarScreamZX
  • Citizen
  • 2800 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

Yup, Jazz's head is spot on. All he needs now is a Classic Pretender shell to snuggle up in, and he's golden. icon-hotrod.gif

The first round of pics made some of the upcoming Legends look a bit odd (Bee and Beachcomber in particular), but that latest set of pics has them looking excellent as well.

#24 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14490 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(StarScreamZX @ Oct 5 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, Jazz's head is spot on. All he needs now is a Classic Pretender shell to snuggle up in, and he's golden. icon-hotrod.gif

The first round of pics made some of the upcoming Legends look a bit odd (Bee and Beachcomber in particular), but that latest set of pics has them looking excellent as well.

Ignore that pic. We've seen Brawn in package and he looks horrible, I'm sure Bumblebee and Beachcomber will look just as bad(or just not as good, you decide). icon-fire.gif

#25 StarScreamZX

StarScreamZX
  • Citizen
  • 2800 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

Ahhhh how did I miss that ???? Yowsers, you're right.
Well, I'm not much of a painter, but I'll have to try and at least give Brawn some black wheels when I get him.

#26 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 14490 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(StarScreamZX @ Oct 5 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhhh how did I miss that ???? Yowsers, you're right.

Sorry to be the ants invading your picnic. icon-fire.gif

#27 Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime

Thank you for choosing Ponyville Trailways!

• Citizen
  • 5696 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(Robogeek1973 @ Oct 5 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(StarScreamZX @ Oct 5 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ignore that pic. We've seen Brawn in package and he looks horrible, I'm sure Bumblebee and Beachcomber will look just as bad(or just not as good, you decide). icon-fire.gif

Countering that lack of paint, of course, is the fact that it's h-in' Brawn Brawn Brawn! Happy! The same goes for BC and BB. Super duper cool.

(A little missing paint and a little less unsharp mask on the photo can't detract from that. Heck, the alternative is that chrome-clawed lizard-hipped thing.)

Maybe I'll use a Sharpie to "paint" his wheels.

#28 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Citizen
  • 2898 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(TFDoc @ Oct 4 2008, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's only one on the reciept. I was talking TFs with the clerk and didn't really pay attention, but when I got stopped in traffic later, I realized I had only been charged for one bot.

Well, so much for the ol' Doc catching a TF price-break from the fat cats. From all signs, it appears that I have officially lost Hound's FREAKIN' WINDSHIELD!!!! icon-wildride.gif

He's still fine enough in bot mode, but there's no two ways, he must be replaced. Darn! icon-screamer.gif

I guess it does present customize/repaint/kitbash possibilities. icon-op.gif

No free lunch.

"Statue and Darkness"

#29 tec

tec

Its a Gundam!!!

• Citizen
  • 15322 posts
  • Location:Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

Jazz is so slick being two hairs away from being pretender Jazz with better articulation and as Hound as back up thay rock

Also almost the perfect size for Fort Max

sigtest1D_zpsa793aca9.jpg
When the first finger slipped on a keyboard without the tools to erase the mistake, tec was there. When the first pencil hit paper with no eraser to remove error, tec was there. When the first cave painting depicted a buffalo when it meant to show a horse, tec. was. there.
-Phage

#30 Cat

Cat
  • News and Content
  • 9544 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE(TFDoc @ Oct 8 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(TFDoc @ Oct 4 2008, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's only one on the reciept. I was talking TFs with the clerk and didn't really pay attention, but when I got stopped in traffic later, I realized I had only been charged for one bot.

Well, so much for the ol' Doc catching a TF price-break from the fat cats. From all signs, it appears that I have officially lost Hound's FREAKIN' WINDSHIELD!!!! icon-wildride.gif

He's still fine enough in bot mode, but there's no two ways, he must be replaced. Darn! icon-screamer.gif

I guess it does present customize/repaint/kitbash possibilities. icon-op.gif

No free lunch.

My Hound's windshield was incredibly loose. Look at it and it'll fall off.

#31 SkullGrin

SkullGrin
  • Citizen
  • 9869 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

Yeah their absolutely perfect. I always loved the legends but these feel more like Micromasters 2.0 in terms of quality. I love re-enacting how Meg's had to fly out of the ark after Fort Max blew up the ships reactor core. Poor legends Starscream heh.

Anyways their excellent Megatron is very G2. Hound would be perfect if not for the wheels but thats a small niggle and Jazz is just awesome.

I had to buy extras of these. I painted Megatron's head gunmetal. I just need to see about painting Jazz's windows and hands maybe. I so feel like seeing about dremeling the fists though. Jazz and Hound need guns.

All Meg's needs though is some of that sith electricity. icon-trant.gif

Lets hope they repaint starscream into Skywarp and Thundercracker, that we get a Ricochet or Skstalker, a Detritus or Swindle and a hero Megatron repaint.

Oh and I agree about the pretender shell for Jazz. Just don't forget legends Screamer needs one too!

Edited by SkullGrin, 08 October 2008 - 01:57 AM.

#32 Starsteam

Starsteam

Rowsdower

• Citizen
  • 1321 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(SkullGrin @ Oct 8 2008, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah their absolutely perfect. I always loved the legends but these feel more like Micromasters 2.0 in terms of quality. I love re-enacting how Meg's had to fly out of the ark after Fort Max blew up the ships reactor core. Poor legends Starscream heh.

Anyways their excellent Megatron is very G2. Hound would be perfect if not for the wheels but thats a small niggle and Jazz is just awesome.

I had to buy extras of these. I painted Megatron's head gunmetal. I just need to see about painting Jazz's windows and hands maybe. I so feel like seeing about dremeling the fists though. Jazz and Hound need guns.

All Meg's needs though is some of that sith electricity. icon-trant.gif

Lets hope they repaint starscream into Skywarp and Thundercracker, that we get a Ricochet or Skstalker, a Detritus or Swindle and a hero Megatron repaint.

Oh and I agree about the pretender shell for Jazz. Just don't forget legends Screamer needs one too!

The Stascream was orignal from Cybertron Legends Thundercracker, and there's a Skywarp, but in a different Legend Starscream mode.

-------------------------------------------------------
Animated Prowl is are only Legends Motorcycle. Yet,... motorcycles have always been bigger than the others. Sigh

I really want a Legends Arcee. icon-arcee.gif

#33 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Citizen
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

I plan to use Legends Prowl to try to put together a scale acurate(as close as possible) Animated vehicle set.

Yeah, cycles always look big for their class, it's kept 6 different Minicons from making into in The Alternate Terrain Divison, instead they stay in bot mode in The Engineering Division.

"Statue and Darkness"

#34 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 8539 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:37 AM

I ordered Jazz and Hound from HTS last week and got Jazz and Megatron instead. This'll be the first time I have to send something back to HTS. Irritating.

Jazz is pretty good, but he wants for paint apps and at least one more point of articulation: either head or waist.

Edited by Octavius Prime, 10 October 2008 - 06:44 AM.

#35 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

Just picked Jazz, Hound and Megatron up today. Jazz is an excellent representation of Jazz for the size and with a surprising amount of articulation to boot. Pictures really don't do him justice, and he looks great in pictures as is! Hound is equally as impressive. Like the Animated Activators, I'm just really impressed at how well they pulled off this line. I just did not expect it to be like this.

The only thing I don't like about Megatron is that you can't remove the cannon and put it on his arm, but that's being real nitpicky, I know.

#36 Starsteam

Starsteam

Rowsdower

• Citizen
  • 1321 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:47 PM

From the looks of it, these might be the best legends of the line. I got my TFCC zine and the new legends are a little.... I don't know the word. Wheelie and Rodimus's arms seem to be doors and it looks like it's just a flip and stick. Cosmos look.... kind of hard.

Geeze, I wish I could find these Legends soon, Perhaps K-Mart will restock with the new ones soon. I'm not going to Taget until the 5-packs come out.

#37 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 41557 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

The only thing I don't like about Megatron is that you can't remove the cannon and put it on his arm, but that's being real nitpicky, I know.

Its not supposed to go on his arm... no tank Megatron has had his cannon on his arm, even in fiction.
It all began in '84. Kept on rollin' in '85. The pieces were in place in '86, and it came to an end in '87. But now it comes, and here we go. Transformers is here again. Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's 1988!

#38 Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Now where did I leave that darn key!

• Citizen
  • 4366 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Oct 11 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not supposed to go on his arm... no tank Megatron has had his cannon on his arm, even in fiction.

Classics 2-pack Megatron would like to have a chat with you. Hero Megatron also has clamps on his arm for holding the rockets in place. If that's not cannon enough, turn them around and they look identical to a G1 fusion cannon. Titanium WWI Megatron has posts on his forearm for the cannon and shield to peg on together or seperately, although neither do so very well. The Alternator's Megatron that Kyde hoax'd us on also had a cannon on his arm.

I was just putting forth what I will admit is an unfair nitpick that I wanted something a little more G1 in a G2 homage figure. It's my fault for not putting in another sentence saying as much, although I did think it was already implied. But this is a TF board where people love to harp on such things. So I'll say it here: a fusion cannon on an arm *IS* Megatron, to me at least, and any Megatron figure that pulls that off makes that figure a *better* Megatron in my eyes.

All IMHO, of course. icon-hotrod.gif

#39 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Citizen
  • 2898 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:00 AM

Full argeement about any Megs being enhanced by an arm cannon.

The shame is, Hound's windshield shouldn't come off and does, and Megs' cannon should trasnsfer to his arm, and doesn't.

"Statue and Darkness"

#40 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Citizen
  • 2898 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

HEY! I found Hound's lost WINDSHIELD! (not pictured)

Also, these make a a great trans-line trio.

Edited by TFDoc, 13 November 2008 - 05:22 AM.

"Statue and Darkness"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users