No replies to this topic

#1 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12230 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:15 AM

I snatched up the PC version of Wall-E the other day, as it was only $20 and I loved the movie enough to want to give it a try, despite movie games usually being crap.

Turns out it's a pretty fun game. It follows the plot of the movie fairly well, with a couple of added adventures and a few changes for the sake of gameplay. The character you play as for almost the whole game, WALL-E, is a good bit more aggressive here. You use your laser for a lot more than garbage cutting, let's just say. Steward bots beware.

The gameplay is pretty fun. Mostly a platformer, but it has a lot of little puzzle aspects as well. And they mix it up quite a bit, with several parts being akin to frogger, and also EVE has to go on some fast paced flights once in awhile. Later on you have to fight some Stweards, but fighting is not the focus of the game, it's mostly about manuevering yourself through the levels and collecting what you need to advance.

WALL-E's got several moves to help you along. Aside from the laser, if you go up to a trash pile, he'll compact it into a cube, perfect for tossing at enemies, crates, or switches. There are magnetic cubes that can be used to attract large blocks, and exploding cubes that can knock out barriers. WALL-E can turn into his box form, which you will need to do quite a lot to skid under low barriers and fit through tight spaces. He can jump as well, though he won't get far if you aren't going at a good clip. You'll often need to use a rapid combination of speeding, jumping, and transforming to get through the levels. There's even half pipes that WALL-E has to navigate through skater style. Later on you can enlist rogue robots to help you through certain spots as well.

Controls are a bit iffy when you are using the keyboard. You're often moving at a good clip and you need your usual directional keys along with space e, f, and c quite often, and it can get difficult not to hit the wrong key. It's made to use an xbox controller as well, but I didn't have one, so I can only imagine it's better. In any case you get the hang of it eventually and can move WALL-E pretty well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users