Photo

Arcee custom (08 Camaro)

21 replies to this topic

#1 **VPrime**

**VPrime**
  • Protoform
  • 562 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

I've been wanting to do a non-bike Arcee for a while now but haven't found a feminine enough mold for it to work. But looking at movie 08 Camaro Bumblebee I saw alot of feminine features. Still it wasn't feminine enough so I had to make some modifications to make the mold more feminine looking.

Modifications I made:
1. cut off tab on the side front fenders to allow it to rotate all the way up in bot mode. This made the chest more narrow (therefore more feminine I think).
2. Narrowed the hip joints
3. Cut a tab in the side back fenders to allow it to rotate more and this allowed the leg to be straightened out more making the leg longer and more slim looking.
4. Removed Bumblebee's "toes" and attached Deluxe Movie Arcee's high heel boots. Again, to give her more length in the leg. She is now about 3 cm taller than Bumblebee.
5. Replaced BB's head with a Hydrospaned Energon Arcee's head.
6. The guns are "sawed off" Classics Astrotrain's rifle (and these can be placed in between the legs in car mode like Bumblebee's gun)

BTW, I don't like pink stripes or pink anything (although the license plate is) in car mode. It looks plain but I prefer that than pink stripes. I think there is enough pink in bot mode.

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

Nice work, the hood pieces flipping up on either side of her head work nicely as an homage to the car pieces that ended up on her back on the G1 animation model. That's some nice custom work on the legs too, and it's nice that you avoided making a goofy, Pepto Bismol colored Camaro, instead choosing white for the car.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#3 Draange

Draange

You cannot resist the cuteness

• Citizen
  • 1658 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

Wow, I really like how this turned out.

#4 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1312 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

awesome, i'd buy that in a heartbeat if hasbro ever made it. I have to agree, its great to finally see an arcee that isn't flooded with pink. if you wanted to put stripes on her car form, i'd suggest using gold,

Edited by Admiral Lilwall, 04 February 2008 - 01:39 AM.

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
Lilwall.net

#5 Detour

Detour

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Supporter
  • 17593 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:26 AM

Nice.

I'm impressed at how nicely the Basic class Arcee's head fits on the body.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6 Skullgrin140

Skullgrin140

Nope...

• Citizen
  • 2680 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:23 AM

Killer icon-ironhide.gif

I AM THE LAW!!!

#7 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

The world suffused with sound

• Supporter
  • 17250 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Feb 3 2008, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't. It's an enlarged recast.

#8 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

New information acquired.

• Citizen
  • 8564 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

That is awesome!

Pity her hips are so narrow, but that's unavoidable. Still, Arcee as a CAR!!! That's awesome!

#9 Detour

Detour

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Supporter
  • 17593 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Feb 4 2008, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Detour @ Feb 3 2008, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't. It's an enlarged recast.

Oh, crud. I missed that on the description. icon-ball.gif icon-wildride.gif

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#10 ---The Rat

---The Rat
  • Citizen
  • 3054 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

That is a million times better then the movie Arcee we got icon-silverbolt.gif
oh and flipping the front finders up to make her thinning, and to emulate g1 Arcee's shoulder pads is pure love
icon-ironhide.gif

#11 feralwolf

feralwolf
  • Protoform
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

that is an awesome arcee

completely awesome

awesome job

#12 SmokedToast

SmokedToast

Just your friendly neighborhood Ally!

• Citizen
  • 1699 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

Man, this kitbash is awesome in how you managed to change it so much while making so few changes to the actual design. I may have to buy an 08 Bee myself now to kitbash my own figure in a similar way. : ) Great work on it.

Yes, I'm working with those sort of sprites now. :p

#13 **VPrime**

**VPrime**
  • Protoform
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Feb 4 2008, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is awesome!

Pity her hips are so narrow, but that's unavoidable. Still, Arcee as a CAR!!! That's awesome!

Actually the hips on this 08 Camaro Bumblebee mold was originally wider. I narrowed it because I like the thinner waist/narrower hip look on females.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

#14 AgnarisPrime

AgnarisPrime
  • Protoform
  • 30 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:30 AM

HOLY CRAP! that ROCKS!

#15 Transypoo

Transypoo

It was such a feeling...

• Citizen
  • 228 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:34 AM

WOH! Niiiiice!

#16 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Citizen
  • 1476 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

as per usual, another job well done!!! I especially like that you put her cycle feet on. I'm not familiar with the method you used to recast the head, could you throw up a little detail about that? just a blurb about what you did to do that?
sig under construction. well, actually, sig under post. but you get the idea.

#17 **VPrime**

**VPrime**
  • Protoform
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Maximo Prime @ Feb 12 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as per usual, another job well done!!! I especially like that you put her cycle feet on. I'm not familiar with the method you used to recast the head, could you throw up a little detail about that? just a blurb about what you did to do that?

Sure.

I first made a mold of Energon Arcee?s head with 2 part rubber molding. I then mixed and poured Hydrospan ( http://www.industria..._urethanes.html ) into the mold to cast the head. Pretty much the same process you would do for regular molding/casting but instead of pouring regular resin, you pour Hydrospan. You then place the Hydrospan in water and then let sit for about 24 hours. It will expand to almost 3 times the orginal size (the product claims 60% more of original size but I got more). If you want a smaller increase then just take the cast out of the water and it will stop expanding. You will need to remove the head and let it sit for a few hours for the excess water to evaporate. It is a little deformed if you don?t do this. If you let it sit long enough (days) the head would actually shrink to original size too once all the water evaporates. Anyways, once the cast got to the size I wanted it to be then I made another mold of the new bigger head. Then I casted the bigger head using the new mold with just regular resin. They also have hydroshrink to make an item smaller. I haven?t used or bought that yet.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

#18 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(**VPrime** @ Feb 5 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Feb 4 2008, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is awesome!

Actually the hips on this 08 Camaro Bumblebee mold was originally wider. I narrowed it because I like the thinner waist/narrower hip look on females.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Which I think can work to make her seem more petite in a way, but it also works against you because wide hips are universally considered to be a feminine trait.

Anyway, that's interesting about the head. I have experience in creating and using plaster molds for use in ceramic slip casting, but obviously nothing at the level you're talking about.
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#19 Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime
  • Citizen
  • 1476 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:39 AM

hmm thought i responded. oh well.

so let me see if i have this down -

i don't know what 2-part rubber molding is, i mean i get what you're saying. where do i get it if i want to do it, etc... i'm a total noob at that.

but barring that ...

get a mold using the 2-p RM from an existing head
cast a head in the hydrospane, let it grow, create a new mold
cast a head at the new size in regular resin, and bam! new head.
that about right?

i want to get more into customizing in 2008, and i'm interested in this. (quite frankly, i really want my own Arcee Camaro)
sig under construction. well, actually, sig under post. but you get the idea.

#20 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 20907 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

I dunno about the narrowed hips... I mean, look at the gap that developed between the rear quarter-panel and the back of the door.
QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Mar 28 2013, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You won't be the killjoy, we will. We will kill the absolute jive out of that joy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users