Hrmmm

97 replies to this topic

#21 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 19420 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, I did that math as well. I remember the denials around the 2006 screenplays. This could be a fake, but I don't think it is... and Murphy's histrionic protestations only convince me further.

#22 moonbat

moonbat

Something which has no meaning or value.

• Protoform
  • 15572 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:56 PM

all I can say is.. I hope bumblebee has really good Shocks and Tires.. becuase a lot of Route 66 has pot holes the size of well.. Really big Pot holes.. talking major disrepair..

Of course some one could have told them that.. and they heard " Plot holes " and so they are ignoring them.. becuase Plot holes have never stopped Hollywood before why start now..

as to the treatment.. I probably still wouldn't see it, mainly as watching a sequel would require me to watch the first one which I vowed never to do.. But it certainly sounds like a Two Fisted Special Effects Extravaganza of Epic Proportions .. Also sounds expensive.

I'm also kinda disturbed by the number of "and then he kills all the humans! " bits.. Much as I hate it, it kind of reminds me of that guy in that one shortpacked strip.. And also my money is on a " Miraculous Hollywood heroine escape" to take place..

But I hope this is accurate.. if only for the fact that it boggles my mind as to the sorts of wonderful toys we would get from it..

Edited by moonbat, 08 October 2007 - 10:57 PM.

QUOTE(Theodore Roosevelt )
"the old parties are husks, with no real soul within either, divided on artificial lines, boss-ridden and privilege-controlled, each a jumble of incongruous elements, and neither daring to speak out wisely and fearlessly what should be said on the vital issues of the day."

QUOTE(George Bernard Shaw)
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

#23 Big Show

Big Show

#sixseasonsandamovie

• Citizen
  • 6350 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

Still not seeing it huh? That's too bad. It was a really fun movie.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#24 MrBlud

MrBlud

Pipes must've sprayed me...I'm sorry

• Forum Moderator
  • 44732 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:43 PM

I'd be completely happy if this is what they went with. icon-ironhide.gif

#25 Daggor

Daggor

Rogue Decepticon

• Supporter
  • 2067 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:57 PM

Sweet Jesus McWeezus. Can't we go for a few months wihout "OMG SPOLIERS"?

I'd comment on the ideas, but don't want to wallow in invisa-text for another year or two. Blah.
Follow me on Twitter, why not? @dopponline

#26 nelson@michaelbay.com

nelson@michaelbay.com
  • Protoform
  • 30 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(Master Fwiffo @ Oct 7 2007, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is very strange.

It's method of posting and the timing would indicate fanfic, but there is a lot that a fan would not include, and that a fan wouldn't have left out (No sign of Shockwave or the Dinobots, for example).

Just by the general reading of it, I actually believe it might be a real script treatment.

And if it *is* real, then this movie will literally be the most epic that Transformers has EVER been.

Fake and real are relative my friend.

Fake as in it's a treatment that won't be used? Yes.

Real as in it was not a fan who wrote it? Yes

> nelson /michaelbay.com admin / dvd collection / one pizza to rule them all

#27 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 19420 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(nelson@michaelbay.com @ Oct 9 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fake and real are relative my friend.

Fake as in it's a treatment that won't be used? Yes.

Real as in it was not a fan who wrote it? Yes

Thank you for clarifying. icon-hotrod.gif

That was definitely one of the possibilities--that Kruger (or, indeed, someone else who was or hoped to be involved with the production) wrote it, but it wasn't going to be used. Since that seems to be the case, all I can say is, I enjoyed this story, and I hope the final story is even better. Also, if Kruger did write it... I'm glad he's on board.

Edited by ChessPieceFace, 09 October 2007 - 02:29 PM.

#28 Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime

Thank you for choosing Ponyville Trailways!

• Citizen
  • 5696 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(moonbat @ Oct 8 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all I can say is.. I hope bumblebee has really good Shocks and Tires.. becuase a lot of Route 66 has pot holes the size of well.. Really big Pot holes.. talking major disrepair..

mb:

That's where the "kicks" come in.

I didn't read the (whassitcallednow) treatment, but read some summaries on TFW. It seemed awfully ambitious, perhaps even too busy for one movie. I think the first movie pretty decently avoided trying to cover more than there was time for, so I'd hate to see that mistake made in the sequel. It's not an uncommon one.

"Cool, everybody likes our movie! Now they know what it's about, so we'll have the army and robots and aliens and fast cars and superheros and romance and adventure and cowboys and Indians and cops and robbers and baseball and beer and pirates and ninjas and a Busby Berkely water ballet and..."

#29 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 2664 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Autobus Prime @ Oct 9 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(moonbat @ Oct 8 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mb:

That's where the "kicks" come in.

I didn't read the (whassitcallednow) treatment, but read some summaries on TFW. It seemed awfully ambitious, perhaps even too busy for one movie. I think the first movie pretty decently avoided trying to cover more than there was time for, so I'd hate to see that mistake made in the sequel. It's not an uncommon one.

"Cool, everybody likes our movie! Now they know what it's about, so we'll have the army and robots and aliens and fast cars and superheros and romance and adventure and cowboys and Indians and cops and robbers and baseball and beer and pirates and ninjas and a Busby Berkely water ballet and..."

Needs more zombies and rock music.

#30 Ghost Robot

Ghost Robot

Rockin' in the Free World

• Citizen
  • 1091 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

I like the treatment so far. Even though it doesn't sound like it'll be the basis for the actual movie (thanks for the clarification Nelson icon-ironhide.gif) there are some really great things in it.

What I could see changing if it made it ever made it to script form:

HIGHLIGHT to view:

- Megs and Starscream's factions become one and the same, with Soundwave secretly working to revive Megatron behind Screamer's back.
- The Matrix is replaced with the remaining shard of the Allspark. It gives us a good opportunity to clarify how the Allspark works while still leaving Soundwave and Megatron a reason to go after Prime.
- Shige actually serves a purpose besides comic relief.
- More development in the middle with Sam and BB on their way to Vegas.
- The battery powering the entire nation is scaled down to be an experimental power source fueling only Vegas. The city was built to mask its energy ala the Hoover Dam hiding the Allspark.
- Tidalwave replaces Devastator. He's the Decepticon spaceship at the beginning, reformats into an aircraft carrier, and Transforms during the final battle as the big trump card. Combiners are reserved for movie 3. icon-arcee.gif

Just some thoughts on how I think it would, realistically play out if it made it to the actual script stage. As it is, I hope the real story works out as well as this treatment.

Edited by Legend-of-Blackout, 09 October 2007 - 09:55 PM.

#31 DSX

DSX

They say direct sunlight kills me...

• Protoform
  • 704 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

Reading an overview elsewhere yesterday while the 'Spark was down, couple things stood out:

HIGHLIGHT to view:
So Sam has BB and Mikaela gets Hot Rod. Kinda nifty.

Magnus and his troops... Hmm, could it be "The Wreckers"?

Nemesis reformats as an Aircraft carrier... Tidal Wave?

Devastator and the Constructicons seem to be there to show how badass Magnus is.

The final battle, with Megatron's followers vs. Starscream's vs. Prime and the Army... Wow, one helluva battle.

The ending... No sir, it doesn't set well. I've never been a fan of the middle movie ending on a cliffhanger, and I'm not here... Mikaela waking up to find herself in the middle of a wasteland, it screams part 3 will be out 6 months later... Too close to the Matrix sequels for my tastes.

All in all, however, I am impressed, and if it were happening as such, I'd be in the ticket line right now waiting... Living off of ants and raindrops.

#32 tec

tec

Myastur Mispellur

• Citizen
  • 14255 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:18 PM

I cant read spoiler highlights all thay are to me are black bars on my PS3 someone help me out and give me the downlow
School Scramble

#33 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6778 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:45 PM

I know they have to deny deny deny any kind of leak, but that was badass.

If that is the plan for the next movie, they should be patting themselves on the back and proudly taking credit.

The asian roomate wasn't needed, but then again, sam needs someone to bounce his comedy off of.

The only thing that bothered me is the description of what Soundwave does. They can have him do it, but change the reasoning.
There can be a quasi-scientific approach to it that would be more appropriate than the shaman type stuff.

As far as autobots go:

We have Magnus, Prime, Hotrod, Bumblebee.

but there are Magnus' warriors and Primes other soldiers.

Ironhide and ratchet are probably still there. I'm sure they didn't do much in the treatment for transformers 1 either.

Edited by EvolvedTwincastconhero, 09 October 2007 - 11:46 PM.

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#34 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 9000 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:06 AM

Does anyone still have the "fake" John Rogers draft for the first movie? icon-waspy.gif

#35 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 8422 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:06 AM

crud, i missed. it. who has it?

ho6m.png

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE

Virtually&nbsp;every custom as good as the title suggests!

#36 Geoff

Geoff

he created the vibe...

• Supporter
  • 1594 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

any ideas where i can get my hands on that?

Follow me on twitter

#37 Magnus

Magnus

Board

• Supporter
  • 7477 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:04 AM

Holy cow, was that ever AWESOME! I just downloaded the TF score and was listening to it for the first time as I read that treatment and I seriously got chills.

I'm actually very sad that they won't be using it - it's a PERFECT follow-up to the first movie! Nelson - I really, really hope Bay take some stuff from this treatment, as it would make an incredibly KICK-ASS film! I hope that at least Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod are used!

Wow! If this is the type of story we can expect, 2009 can't get here fast enough!

#38 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 6778 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

Starscream's role throughout the film is the best part.

The idea for that ending monologue and vision sounds like an amaing lead up towards an epic third movie.
"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#39 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Retired Staff
  • 8311 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

Wow, that's damned good.
I genuinely hope that at least some of it is incorporated, because from the premise to the sequences as they're described, that's solid enjoyment all around.
That's an ambitious amount of robots, too.

#40 RYNO

RYNO

Ready to Roll Out

• Citizen
  • 5395 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:23 PM

I like it. I hope that in some way, shape, or form this is how the Second Movie Turns out.

I CAN totally see Soundwave moving and jiving the way they meantioned.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users