Photo

Classics Omnibot Downshift

11 replies to this topic

#1 thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime

You wish to eat. You wish to sleep. You wish to REPRODUCE.

• Protoform
  • 4378 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

In my never-ending quest to expand the Classics ranks, I give you an oft-overlooked character: G1 Omnibot Security Agent Downshift.

This was a super easy kitbash to give us yet another updated G1 Autobot. He began life as Classics Cliffjumper which I disassembled and coated with Krylon Fusion white. The finishing touch was giving him Cybertron Bendy Prime's head which ironically makes a good stand-in for Downshift's G1 head. I'm quite pleased with the results. I'm letting the paint cure for at least another week before I touch him again.

G1. G2. Transmetals. RID. Energon. Alternators. Cybertron. Classics. Masterpiece. TFTM '07.

Latest additions: 2009 Concept Camaro Bumblebee.

On the hunt for: Nothing. I'm done buying mainline Transformers until Allspark Power and Classics 2.0 hits. To hell with Animated.

PROUD G1 SUPPORTER

#2 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:41 PM

i can'r get past the head...The body is nice, bt the head not so much.

#3 Ginrai

Ginrai

6th Ranger equivalent

• Citizen
  • 4303 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

Very nice work man..I like it.

I have to disagree Knight, I think the head works very well here.
Codename: Ginrai
Code No.: C-307
Level: 76
Origin: U.S.A.

Profile: A gentle intellectual, he is usually a quiet commander, but when the Destrons start attacking, he becomes a warrior whose bravery is second to none. Well versed in various martial arts, he is willing to lay down his life to defend against destruction and invasion.

Trust me....it's better to have a well defined collection over a vast one.

#4 Jeremy

Jeremy

Hardcore Criminal

• Retired Staff
  • 23565 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

Not a bad idea, now it needs at least the arm detailing from the G1 toy, and I'd say maybe repaint the head to have more of a true black and silver look to match the rest of the black on the toy better. Personally, I'd do something to make the deco on the car more interesting too maybe, even if it's not G1 accurate. It just looks too simple for a deluxe.

Edited by Jeremy Gargoyle, 20 August 2007 - 02:44 PM.

"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#5 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 17923 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:48 PM

Since Downshift is one of my favorie G1 toys, I love the update. Just need to put some sort of missiles down his "hoodie" backpack to complete the look!

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Little Black Bat

• Citizen
  • 23352 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:17 PM

Its a good start. but I have to agree that he is abit to simple and plain, escpailyl when lookign at the the offical classic characters. Bumblebee and Cliffjumper arent just plain yellow or red. neither is optimus. The seekers have redone markings, at least the mass release ones.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#7 Skullgrin140

Skullgrin140

Nope...

• Citizen
  • 2680 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

The head just looks awesome on him icon-ironhide.gif

I AM THE LAW!!!

#8 Tien85

Tien85

Viva la X-Warlock!

• Citizen
  • 3067 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

Nice mod. I like the idea and the use of the Bendy Prime head for Downshift, but I agree with Gargoyle, might wanna see about repainting the head, even if u were to just paint the little yellow area in the center, I'd say it would help a lot. Cool figure though, would like to see something like that in stores (rather that then as a Botcon exclusive we'd have to pay out the wazoo for icon-fire.gif).

In memory of Joelle Lawson: 1986-2004 A great friend to all. Rest in peace my friend.
In memory of Roscoe Brown: a loving grandfather who always tried to give his best for his family.

#9 SkullGrin

SkullGrin
  • Citizen
  • 9869 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

Im impressed by how much that head fits Camshaft quite well.

#10 Drivaaar

Drivaaar

A tux, and shows no mercy.

• Retired Staff
  • 3927 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

Love it!

#11 Acid Wing

Acid Wing

Xenomorph TF at your service

• Citizen
  • 601 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

It may be a "simple" kitbash, but it works surprisingly well!

Avatar made by Shumworld. Thanks.:)
Check out more artwork at my lair: www.acidwing.deviantart.com

#12 Terrorpin

Terrorpin

FORM BLAZING SWORD!

• Citizen
  • 5058 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

If you wanna do something to differentiate him from Prime, build him a visor. It's really simple. The one I built for the Nightbeat custom in my avatar was made from the bubble on the very package he came in. A little glue, a little paint... voila.

Formerly known as Kakashi...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users