1567 replies to this topic

#1361 Wingus

Wingus

The Pungeon Master

• Supporter
  • 17862 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

So for those of you who helped Ringo out, and found him later on, you find out that HIGHLIGHT to view:
he's gonna be heading up a Crimson Caravan group to a city in Utah to establish trade there.

Frankly, I'd love for that to be part of the DLC.

#1362 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32087 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Well, the quest thing told me that working with Yes Man would make the NCR not accept my help anymore. That was pretty clearly false, though.

The bomber and, y'know, Securitron Army. There IS actually an option to wipe out the NCR with the latter (which might involve the Boomers too, as they're helping the PC specifically, not the NC) after the Legion goes down, so!

#1363 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34580 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

Given how much of New Vegas was recycled content from Van Buren (aka Black Isle's Fallout 3), I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I figure by the end of New Vegas' official life cycle (Modding will extend this another ten years. People are still modding Oblivion, after all) we'll essentially have all the components of Van Buren. So expect New Canaan, DayGlow (It'd be funny if that's where the Bright Followers ended up), and B.O.M.B. 001.
 photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#1364 Betty Nor

Betty Nor

Das Feuer liebt mich

• Citizen
  • 6554 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Well, I am officially retiring this game.
I just finished the Caleb McCafferty bounty, and went to cash in from Francine Garrett only to find out that the character has inexplicably disappeared from the game.

I'm so hugging done with this load of tripe.
Maybe I'll pick it up again in a year when hopefully enough patches have been done to fix this stupid kind of crap.

Boo, Bethesda. Boo.

Check out my eBay sales.  Gotta pare down my massive collection into something more managable.

Nothing this week

#1365 the last prince

the last prince

Something about an oblong crotch

• Citizen
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

Dunno if i should've went indie. I have to try the other options to know if I did the right thing.
Twitter - @mastertlp

Have a podcast called Unglorius Days with Robert and Patrick.

#1366 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32087 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

My ending made Indie sound very good, though it WAS a bit self contradictory regarding the levels of violence and stuff.

#1367 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34580 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

My Ending seemed okay in general, but it wasn't a happy ending for everybody. Arcade especially got the shaft.

Edited by Rust, 04 November 2010 - 10:04 PM.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#1368 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32087 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

My ending will be happier once one factors in some of the postgame stuff that doesn't actually happen in game but my courier would do, heh.

#1369 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5304 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

Oops. It seems that the Great Kahns didn't like the way I was dressed. icon-wildride.gif Oh well, I suppose I can live with 3 failed Khan quests.
O̾b̾͊Eͮ͛͋yͨ̑̓͊̚ ̾̄ͯ̓ͨ̃͌̂̚d͂ͥͧͥͯ̂ͨ̓̚O̽ͥ̈́ͦͣ̂̏̚g̎̎ͯ̑ͤͫLͯ̓͆̿̑ͩa̍̄Wͥͬ̊̅
QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#1370 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32087 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

I found the most awesome weapon. Fully automatic grenade launcher.

Also, found a couple SUPER OBVIOUS DLC SPOTS. One, marked blocked road off towards... a whole bunch of empty map I can't get two. The other a marked 'passage north' location that you can't do anything at.

Edited by Esser-Z, 08 November 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#1371 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

There's also a large complex just outside the Strip that's completely boarded off that would be extraordinarily easy to open up.

And is this the blocked off road you're talking about?

#1372 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32087 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

I think that's one of them.

#1373 Goblez

Goblez
  • Supporter
  • 11937 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

ok so i started playing again after stopping for a week. finally got vault 34 sorted..god i love the armory. now I'm at vault 22 these green dudes surprised the hell out of me at 2am >.<

#1374 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:26 AM

Vault 22 is spooky, till you understand that they're hiding in the foliage and don't "activate" till you cross them. You can't target kill them in VATS (But you can manual aim kill them), but you control when the fight with them begins.

Edited by Rust, 08 November 2010 - 10:26 AM.

#1375 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 30966 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

Well, hopefully another will be added to the fold soon enough.

I got he who is essentially my brother in law a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY for his PS3 for christmas. Here's hoping he likes it.

#1376 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22723 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(Esser-Z @ Nov 8 2010, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found the most awesome weapon. Fully automatic grenade launcher.

Also, found a couple SUPER OBVIOUS DLC SPOTS. One, marked blocked road off towards... a whole bunch of empty map I can't get two. The other a marked 'passage north' location that you can't do anything at.

There is one thing that sticks out to me about possible DLC plot hooks. In Primm, when you talk to Jon Nash, he'll tell you that a different person was originally going to carry the chip, but when he seen the player's name he passed on the job and the money. This guy clearly has history with the Courier, but never mentioned again. That to me screams 'DLC Story'

QUOTE(Rust @ Nov 8 2010, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vault 22 is spooky, till you understand that they're hiding in the foliage and don't "activate" till you cross them. You can't target kill them in VATS (But you can manual aim kill them), but you control when the fight with them begins.

In my opinion, best solution for them is the Flamer. Come across a patch of Foliage; and do a quick burst of flame. Either you get it, and continue to burn or you waste a small bit of fuel but remain healthy.

I ended up beating the game, went the independent path. Its not as cool a final battle as FO3, but the Independent (and possibly Mr. House path) is close. HIGHLIGHT to view:
Having an army of Upgraded Sercuritrons as your army, to take out the majority of both sides. Then at the end when dealing with the General Oliver. "Alright, I've had enough. Yes man, Toss the General off the dam." and then you get a short cut scene of a Securitron tossing him off the dam.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

#1377 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34580 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

So, maybe a stupid observation, but has anyone else realized there are no more invisible walls at the borders of the map?

Off the Map
What's Out There

See that mountain range in the distance? Keep that in mind.

Well, this tells me nothing anymore
Standing on said Mountain Range, no Console Commands needed

The Ground is completely solid as far as I can tell, and the Colorado River continues all the way to this point of the map, then curves around a natural mountain chain. The Mountains seem to be the physical "barrier" to the map, and otherwise that's all open real estate. This is a lot of empty game world that could give rise to a heckuva lot of DLC, or just be a modders paradise to set down towns and quests without interfering with the vanilla game world.

Due note I went South from Camp Searchlight/Searclight Airport. Given the Colorado River extension, however, I'm assuming this landmass wraps all around the game map.

Now, the above screens are as far as one can go (at least South) without cheating. With help from the Console, let's see what's on the other side of this mountain, shall we? Holy Crap, MORE landmass! Granted this stuff is featureless and only the barest bone texture, but it's still solid. It goes on to the horizon. At the horizon?

The End of the World.

Well, okay not the technical end of the world. There's still a little patch of landmass below the cut off before it drops into oblivion, but for all intents and purposes I walked off the game map, into undeveloped terrain till I hit the point of "Here There Be Dragons". Still though, this section was only accessible via the Console. Up to that Mountain, that's all vanilla access.

DLC, Modder's Paradise, the reason these games have invisible walls that proclaim "You Can Go No Further"? Whatever the reason, I felt the desire to share the discovery.

Edited by Rust, 09 November 2010 - 02:13 AM.

#1378 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

The crowd goes wild at my demise.

• Citizen
  • 2844 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:18 AM

Im having so much fun with this...im over 40hours into it, level 20m and i havent even set foot in Vegas.

i do wish they would patch up that damn hole in the world in that subway / train area...and fix the weathered 10mm mod issue...but other than i havent really experienced any glitches other than the one time the game locked up...loving this game so much.

Daemon Immortalis: The legends get older, the young get less bolder, I stay the same.

Can you tell me what stops the pain?
Self medication?
Science, saviors, tragedy?
How deep must we cut to reach sensation?
Find it. Bring it back to me
Where the void remains.

#1379 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 34580 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Well, I've figured out two likely DLCs for New Vegas:

1) The Courier that Turned Down the Job

Jonathan Nash fills you in on the original "Courier Six" that turned the job down after seeing the player's name. There's also the mysterious debris filled tunnel with the sign declaring "Better Go Home Courier!". I feel these two objectives are related.

2) Father Elijah

I found Veronica for the first time (Seriously, I somehow kept missing that Trade Station), and got to talking with her. Speaking about the late, unlamented Brotherhood Elder and his "farewell" address to Veronica. Well...

So much of New Vegas is recycled Van Braun material, I can't help but suspect it's tied to B.O.M.B. 001.

#1380 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Just, go away.

• Citizen
  • 22723 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:31 PM

I mentioned the previous Courier. But Another DLC plot hook is the Burned man. All around you see graffiti about him, people talking about him; and in VB he was a companion. So it I'd be kinda surprised if they don't do something with him.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users