Photo

Allspark Exclusive Transformers Game Preview!

10 replies to this topic

#1 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

There go I, but for my face.

• Forum Moderator
  • 20061 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

So today was a pretty fun day. icon-hotrod.gif
http://www.allspark....t/view/1144/20/

Warning... it's... uh... quite long. Sorry about that.

Edited by ChessPieceFace, 02 May 2007 - 08:48 PM.

#2 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7864 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Wow... Joygasm.

And I'm not suprised that the DS version sounds much cooler than the PSP version.. though I will look at the PSP version as well.

However 360 version IS MINE BITCHES!

#3 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

• Forum Moderator
  • 20061 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

Well, the PSP version does have all those extra characters... and even if it is the most linear of the three games, it could still be excellent. I just didn't get to see that one, and they kinda realized at the end that they should pass along some info about it, so I didn't have a lot of exciting stuff to report. Doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on the game. icon-hotrod.gif

#4 Onyx

Onyx

Quintesson Hunter

• Supporter
  • 4396 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

Great review Chess, I cant wait to pick this up!

Can you tell us more about any other voices you heard in the game, or was it just Prime, Bee, and Barricade? Also, on the DS version. What alt modes can you select at first, and how do thier bot modes look? Does the G1 Prime skin actually have G1 Prime with his G1/MP transformation?

#5 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

• Forum Moderator
  • 20061 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

See, here's the part where you ask a lot of questions I asked, and you don't get answers because I didn't get answers. icon-hotrod.gif

In the 360 game, I only heard Prime and Starscream. Starscream sounded like that clip we heard from Sector7.org. The DS game had all kinds of voices... Ironhide had his familiar southern drawl (I don't *think* it was Cullen)... I couldn't tell most of the others apart, and they wouldn't offer anything about the voices except Welker/Cullen, because it was all "still being finalized."

The alt-modes you can select at first are different in the 2 DS games, and while I asked, I didn't get much specifics on what's available in each one. I know he picked a helicopter in each version. Bot modes look kind of generic (presumably because they have multiple alt-modes), but definitely in the movie style.

They wouldn't really give any details on the skins.

Edited by ChessPieceFace, 02 May 2007 - 10:27 PM.

#6 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 7864 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ May 2 2007, 11:11 PM) View Post

Well, the PSP version does have all those extra characters... and even if it is the most linear of the three games, it could still be excellent. I just didn't get to see that one, and they kinda realized at the end that they should pass along some info about it, so I didn't have a lot of exciting stuff to report. Doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on the game. icon-hotrod.gif

Sorry.. I didn't mean to indicate that I thought the PSP game was nessicarly going to be poor.

True I don't have -many- hopes for it... but it may be a good level game. It's just with the DS outselling the PSP at every turn, I expected them to work harder on the DS version. That's all I ment.

#7 Galenraff

Galenraff

Oh, by the way I've cracked the code.

• Special Projects Manager
  • 31311 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

The Wii/other main console version sounds terr-friggin-riffic! icon-ironhide.gif Can't wait to free roam and weaponize stuff! Plus, you can't go wrong with G1 skins.

The DS version(s) still make me tingly, but I'm a little annoyed now to find out the Wi-Fi won't be synchronous online combat, but asynchronous challenges with a scoreboard. It's something, and a neat feature, I just wish they could've had the realtime thing too.

Essentially though, it sounds like we're not getting cheesy "property games" for this movie, but rather some full-featured TF games in the same vein of what the PS2 got a few years ago after so many years of waiting.

So excited!

LookUp_zps6fe77c23.jpg

#8 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

So apparently Gravatars work here now.

• Supporter
  • 20000 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:56 PM

Optimus Prime is the cure for Licensed Game Syndrome.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#9 tigerhawk

tigerhawk
  • Citizen
  • 4751 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:16 AM

After Spiderman 3 on the Wii I have lost faith in movie tie ins.

"Do not be led by others, awaken your own mind, amass your own experience, and decide for yourself your own path." -The Atharva Veda

#10 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

IT'S AN ESSER

• Citizen
  • 32088 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:30 AM

Hmm. I think the DS versions will be mine. Probably the Console version, too.

#11 corgsopal

corgsopal

It was catastro-, catastro-feeling good

• Supporter
  • 5043 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

The more I see about this game, the more I want both versions I'm equipped to own. But I'm going to be calm and wait for final verdicts before I go make some rash decisions with money I don't really have right now. Still, Squee!
Reclaim the suffix.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users