Photo

BotCon Radio commercial

16 replies to this topic

#1 S_Christopher

S_Christopher
  • Protoform
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

BotCon.com has been updated with an MP3 of the radio commercial advertising BotCon. I assume this commercial was played in the Kentucky area

Look like Fun Productions took the suggestion of outside advertising to heart

#2 Bainreese

Bainreese
  • News Manager
  • 14417 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:44 PM

Front-paged. icon-ironhide.gif Thanks for the news.

#3 Fangwing

Fangwing

Bangarang!

• Retired Staff
  • 30381 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:45 PM

Excellent idea.

Peter Cullen CAN'T have been cheap.
Brwoooomp!

#4 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13383 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:56 PM

I haven't listened to it yet, but... someone on another board said the ad promises that the first 100 kids to arrive each day get a free toy? True?
The TFWiki: when just five Infernos aren't enough. http://www.tfwiki.net

#5 SpectroScott

SpectroScott
  • Citizen
  • 799 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:08 PM

Yup, first 100 kids on Saturday and Sunday get a free Transformer.
Blog: http://jeremiahscott.blogspot.com/ It's mostly food related.

#6 xZAOx

xZAOx

ALL HAIL GALVACRON

• Citizen
  • 5276 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

Wait.....kids come to these things? Inconcievable!

They're doing this like a "free ice cream sundae to everyone over 100!" at Chuck-e-cheese's.

#7 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9201 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(xZAOx @ Sep 21 2006, 02:53 PM) View Post

They're doing this like a "free ice cream sundae to everyone over 100!" at Chuck-e-cheese's.
Well, naturally it's nothing like that bad. There are always kids at Botcon.

Still, I really hope that FP has stated somewhere in writing how they're defining "kid" for the purposes of that promotion....

TransformingSeminarian.2.gif
Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#8 Fangwing

Fangwing

Bangarang!

• Retired Staff
  • 30381 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Sep 21 2006, 03:05 PM) View Post

QUOTE(xZAOx @ Sep 21 2006, 02:53 PM) View Post

Well, naturally it's nothing like that bad. There are always kids at Botcon.

Still, I really hope that FP has stated somewhere in writing how they're defining "kid" for the purposes of that promotion....

Two options:

Mini-Con registrants

OR

Humans under 12.
Brwoooomp!

#9 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13383 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:27 PM

Not sure if xZaox was being sarcastic, but... yeah, there was always a noticeable amount of children at prior Botcons, usually buying loose toys and rummaging through parts bins and trying awkwardly to insert themselves into conversations that older fans were having.

Some people were concerned that there seemed to be fewer of them at '05, but since attendance at '05 was down all over they might have just been a proportionately smaller segment. Hopefully this will bring them back, it's their hobby too.

#10 Fangwing

Fangwing

Bangarang!

• Retired Staff
  • 30381 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

I remember in 2004, I met Mr. Optimus Prime, and his young son. Very young.

I was working in the Art Room. By working I mean,"sitting at a table with 1DB, Trixter, Jake, and Jake's wife, having fun conversation and doing very little in the way of work", and Mr. Op comes in with son in tow. I think he was five.

Mr. Op and I exchange pleasantries, then Op Jr. starts describing the plot of Transformers: The Movie to me as if it's the most awesome new thing ever! It was probably the cutest thing anyone will ever see at a Botcon.
Brwoooomp!

#11 Thylacine2000

Thylacine2000

Extinctpundit

• Citizen
  • 13383 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

At BC99 (my first), I had just snagged a Victory Saber giftset and was carrying it through the dealer room when a kid maybe 9 years old saw me. He demanded that I allow his father to buy it off of me so he could have it, then called his dad over and ordered him to pay me $500 for it. Meanwhile I hadn't even had time to say whether I wanted to re-sell the thing literally 20 minutes after just getting it myself. The father looked at me sheepishly and asked if I'd be willing to go through with the sale, since, quote, "the kid sure is a Saber fan." And he obviously was, since while Daddy was saying that, Junior was walking around me in fast circles while singing the Victory themesong, in Japanese even. And he was a 9-year-old whiteboy.

Your experience was cuter than mine.

#12 xZAOx

xZAOx

ALL HAIL GALVACRON

• Citizen
  • 5276 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(Thylacine2000 @ Sep 21 2006, 03:38 PM) View Post

At BC99 (my first), I had just snagged a Victory Saber giftset and was carrying it through the dealer room when a kid maybe 9 years old saw me. He demanded that I allow his father to buy it off of me so he could have it, then called his dad over and ordered him to pay me $500 for it. Meanwhile I hadn't even had time to say whether I wanted to re-sell the thing literally 20 minutes after just getting it myself. The father looked at me sheepishly and asked if I'd be willing to go through with the sale, since, quote, "the kid sure is a Saber fan." And he obviously was, since while Daddy was saying that, Junior was walking around me in fast circles while singing the Victory themesong, in Japanese even. And he was a 9-year-old whiteboy.

Your experience was cuter than mine.

Jesus, what a brat. How much had you paid for it? I'd have doubled the price. No reason to go easy on a little jerk like that, and if dad coughs up double the price, then that's the price he pays (lawl, double entendre) for being a crappy dad who lets his son boss him around.

#13 Jesse (M_P)

Jesse (M_P)

Built of iron and steel

• Citizen
  • 15283 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:53 PM

Based on the commercial, it would appear that Master Collector hasn't a clue about Transformers at all.

"Autobots, Decepticon, Beast Wars"? Beast Wars wasn't a faction that last time I checked.

Former TF Collector, now a Harley owner

#14 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9201 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(Matrix_Prime @ Sep 21 2006, 04:53 PM) View Post

Based on the commercial, it would appear that Master Collector hasn't a clue about Transformers at all.

"Autobots, Decepticon, Beast Wars"? Beast Wars wasn't a faction that last time I checked.
While that's true, I wouldn't jump to "Master Collector hasn't a clue about Transformers" over that.

Not that proper examples can't be found, but really. That's just looking for something to complain about....

Curator of The Unofficial Convention and Club Exclusive data pages (now with a new URL thanks to Captured Prey).

#15 Jesse (M_P)

Jesse (M_P)

Built of iron and steel

• Citizen
  • 15283 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Sep 21 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

While that's true, I wouldn't jump to "Master Collector hasn't a clue about Transformers" over that.

Not that proper examples can't be found, but really. That's just looking for something to complain about....

No, I didn't have to look, they presented it that way.
Former TF Collector, now a Harley owner

#16 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 9201 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Matrix_Prime @ Sep 21 2006, 08:33 PM) View Post

QUOTE(G.B.Blackrock @ Sep 21 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

No, I didn't have to look, they presented it that way.

Way to miss the point...

#17 S_Christopher

S_Christopher
  • Protoform
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

icon-primal.gif

Wow way to split hairs Matrix_Prime

You're just looking for a reason to hate this company in my personal opinion

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users