City of Heroes/City of Villains Discussion

3799 replies to this topic

#41 Skyfire

Skyfire

Ain't it beautiful?

• Citizen
  • 1649 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

Expect a genericizing soon. The character is even named Ronald McDonald. No, I didn't /petition, but you know it's just a matter of time before someone does.

Regrading villain badges awarded for heroes in the arena. No more. They fixed that little feature a few patches back.

#42 Demonicon

Demonicon

Born To Transform

• Citizen
  • 1510 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Skyfire @ Feb 9 2006, 08:51 PM)
Regrading villain badges awarded for heroes in the arena.  No more.  They fixed that little feature a few patches back.

Not in the Arena. In the villain VDay event mission. I got the 4 badges from it. Weed Whacker, Coldblooded, Hellfrost Gladiator and the Hordeling Gladiator.

#43 CORVUS

CORVUS

It's always sunny in Heliopolis!

• Supporter
  • 28934 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:20 PM

I just got an e-mail about this V-Day promotion, and its says my account has been reactivated. Interesting.

Guess I'm gonna upload the latest patch and head into Paragon city for the first time since early November.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

#44 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Citizen
  • 3968 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

I ran the mission last night on the Freedom server. I got a team of six together, and just went after the badges. Had a couple lvl 50 guys, so we tore through my missions (my character there is only lvl 11). icon-hotrod.gif

I have no pics of it, so I'll post this pic I put together over the last few days. It's every character I've created in the game and across all servers.

Edited by DarkProwler, 09 February 2006 - 05:27 PM.

#45 Devcon

Devcon

It takes a lot to make a stew

• Forum Moderator
  • 10297 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

Heh heh heh

I used my "Buddy" code for CoV that came with my Valentine's Day email on my secondary CoH account, just to see if it would give it access to CoV.

Well, my secondary account accepted it, and got upgraded to a joint Coh/CoV account.

My 1st Alt will be The *Greedy* Swiss Banker... Swiss Banker's Praetorian, who will act as a transfer between my villains icon-fire.gif

And I'll be able to re-roll one of its heroes in a villain, just as I intended him to be from day 1 when I came up with the concept...

Edited by Devcon, 09 February 2006 - 06:52 PM.

#46 Scout_

Scout_

Skyblitz!

• Citizen
  • 6466 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Feb 9 2006, 12:16 PM)
Holy Crap... I just got some new ram on my work computer.. this game ran like total garbage on this machine for the longest time, and it only has a MX440 video card..

With a gig of ram instead of 512K the difference is like night and day. No chopping.. zones load quickly... I even turned the settings as high as they would go and it still runs okay (loss of some framerate is all).

Seriously, if you can upgrade to at least a gig to play this game do so. It will make a huuuuge difference.

You know, I did exactly that just a few days ago.. and you're absolutely right.

It's really incredible.

#47 Patchouli Knowledge

Patchouli Knowledge
  • Retired Staff
  • 13469 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

How much does it usually cost for a gig of ram?

Also, Skyblitz's avatar for the win. icon-fire.gif

#48 Devcon

Devcon

• Forum Moderator
  • 10297 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

2 chips of 512 megs RAM cost me 90$ each, or 180 Canadian. I should get the last one tomorow (availability problems) and by tomorow night my wonky CPU should be a thing of the past, what with me running at a gig too icon-fire.gif

#49 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35027 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(Skyfire @ Feb 9 2006, 03:51 PM)
Expect a genericizing soon.  The character is even named Ronald McDonald.  No, I didn't /petition, but you know it's just a matter of time before someone does.

It's been 15 Levels and over a month (I first encountered Ronald in Breakout).

Methinks he's staying the way he is till a GM sniffs him out.

But now, he has a nemesis (God Help me, I couldn't stop myself...)

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot_2006_02_08_23_37_08.jpg

Edited by Guard Convoy, 10 February 2006 - 01:25 AM.

photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#50 Kalidor

Kalidor

Get some!

• Owner
  • 55496 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:41 AM

What does your "Move" macro do?

#51 Devcon

Devcon

• Forum Moderator
  • 10297 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:44 AM

Too bad there's no crown to give him.

#52 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35027 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Feb 10 2006, 01:41 AM)
What does your "Move" macro do?

Orders a Minion to go to a location. That way I can send em out ahead as meatshields as well as clear doors and other obstructions.
 photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#53 Devcon

Devcon

• Forum Moderator
  • 10297 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:24 AM

Suggestion:

For your Mastermind, I strongly suggest you check out Khaiba's Mastermind Keypad Binds. Pure gold.

I use it with both Nekrosys and Jon Von Shrapnel (though I admit I tweaked with Nekrosys' binds, to add emotes and the like). It really speeds up gameplay for Masterminds.

#54 Devcon

Devcon

• Forum Moderator
  • 10297 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(Devcon @ Feb 10 2006, 01:33 AM)
2 chips of 512 megs RAM cost me 90$ each, or 180 Canadian. I should get the last one tomorow (availability problems) and by tomorow night my wonky CPU should be a thing of the past, what with me running at a gig too  icon-fire.gif

I'm at work and got a package, with a shiney new 512 chipset that was previously missing...

I officially can't wait to get back home and install the puppy in my CPU. 1 Gig is a mere 6 hours away icon-ironhide.gif icon-fire.gif

#55 Demonicon

Demonicon

Born To Transform

• Citizen
  • 1510 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:20 AM

I just hope I never get genericized for Conduit. Its been 2 years thus far, but still...

Thank crap he's dead.

#56 Skyfire

Skyfire

Ain't it beautiful?

• Citizen
  • 1649 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:27 PM

Oh, yes for the Weed Whacker, etc. you can do the villain missions. I got all of those last night on my level 50 (Skysaurus was there for 2 of them). But then he did a "Bad Sky!" moment and attacked the named boss. Bad Sky! Bad Sky!

So many cool titles to bear, but only one to show at a time. I really do like "Weed Whacker" as a title. icon-hotrod.gif

#57 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Citizen
  • 3968 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(Devcon @ Feb 10 2006, 10:24 AM)
Suggestion:

For your Mastermind, I strongly suggest you check out Khaiba's Mastermind Keypad Binds. Pure gold.

I use it with both Nekrosys and Jon Von Shrapnel (though I admit I tweaked with Nekrosys' binds, to add emotes and the like). It really speeds up gameplay for Masterminds.

Oh, definitely. I can't play my Masterminds without using these binds. I'm doing the same as you, adding text and stuff to make it mine. Question I have, maybe you can answer it: I know you can direct text to a specific chat window (local, broadcast, etc), but can you direct text to a specific private chat room? I'm wanting to add some lines to my MM binds that post a message to a private chat room when I switch from controlling one pet to another. Like, if I've got my Battle Droids, Jazz and Prowl, and I hit NUMPAD-0, the message "Now controlling Battle Droids" would appear in the private chat window, but if I hit / to control just Jazz, the message "Now controlling Jazz" would appear. Anyone know if I can do that?

#58 Asmodai

Asmodai

Seducing the masses with homosexuality

• Protoform
  • 3123 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

Well I cheated and did the same thing Devcon did.. and now I have a Villian.
I made him allspark purple and gave him a Regime like costume just in case...

I present my Sonic/Radiation Corruptor Zilla VonDeathSinger

#59 Patchouli Knowledge

Patchouli Knowledge
  • Retired Staff
  • 13469 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(Skyfire @ Feb 10 2006, 12:27 PM)
Oh, yes for the Weed Whacker, etc. you can do the villain missions.  I got all of those last night on my level 50 (Skysaurus was there for 2 of them).  But then he did a "Bad Sky!" moment and attacked the named boss.  Bad Sky!  Bad Sky!

Hey, in my defense, he switched spots when we reset the mish... not to mention that he looked just like all the other 2 billion Madness Mages running around willy-nilly.

#60 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Citizen
  • 3968 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:35 PM

Here's a chance to get one of your heroes into Issue #12 of the comic. Click here.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users