#2401 Devcon

Devcon

It takes a lot to make a stew

• Forum Moderator
  • 10302 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

No idea.

In other news, getting "Army of Me" on a Thug/Dark MM? When 4 of the clones use "Gang War" upon spawning? That was "interesting" to say the least.

#2402 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional pain-in-the-ass

• Citizen
  • 4196 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(Waspinator @ Oct 27 2011, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which weapons? Pretty sure the powerset options with weapons like Katana are available to you.

I was hoping for Scythes. My intent back in 05 was to put Harvestman in there and I have to say it sounds like a good idea now.
Its not broken.... its ADVANCED!

#2403 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35046 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(Devcon @ Oct 27 2011, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No idea.

In other news, getting "Army of Me" on a Thug/Dark MM? When 4 of the clones use "Gang War" upon spawning? That was "interesting" to say the least.

Dog Pile on a Elite Boss and sit back with some popcorn?
 photo lup_zps837154f7.jpg
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#2404 Devcon

Devcon

• Forum Moderator
  • 10302 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

Yeah only thing was that *I* was the one being dog-piled on. "Army of Me" is when you take on 8 of your clones all at once in Leonard's story arc, redside. So if you're a Thug MM with all 6 pets and Gang War, then you're facing 8 Thug MMs. With all of their 6 pets. All capable of calling a gang war on you. So that's 8 NPCs, 48 pets with the possibility of a buttload of pets all attacking you.

#2405 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35046 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Devcon @ Oct 27 2011, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah only thing was that *I* was the one being dog-piled on. "Army of Me" is when you take on 8 of your clones all at once in Leonard's story arc, redside. So if you're a Thug MM with all 6 pets and Gang War, then you're facing 8 Thug MMs. With all of their 6 pets. All capable of calling a gang war on you. So that's 8 NPCs, 48 pets with the possibility of a buttload of pets all attacking you.

Oh, that mission. Honestly, I had enough trouble taking out three Dual Blade/Willpower Brutes. Let alone eight of them.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. –Plato

#2406 Devcon

Devcon

• Forum Moderator
  • 10302 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

I tend to go for that badge whenever I run the mission. Was.... INTERESTING when I took Caligno Nova, my redside Peacebringer, on that mission. Manage to kill one clone, then turn to focus on a second BUT the clone you took triggers the Peacebringer Self-Rez... Hey! Back to square one! icon-wildride.gif

#2407 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35046 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

Thus far I've only done it with Grinmace. Now when I get Professor of Panic (My Illusion/Time Controller) up that high....that one will be interesting.

I plan on bringing nothing but Break Frees.

#2408 Skyfire

Skyfire

Ain't it beautiful?

• Citizen
  • 1649 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(Waspinator @ Oct 27 2011, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am kind of amused by the idea that a city is attacked by so many monsters that there's an alert system for supernatural activity.

That was a "Quality Of Life" feature added a few years ago. People would literally camp at the three locations for the Paladin in Kings Row for hours awaiting its appearance. Or, you would never notice the Ghost Ship gliding along in Independence Port because the zone is so huge.

I think it works, though. As a hero, you'd be tuned into such things. Think of it as you just happen across it while listening to your scanner.

And, if you don't like it, you can suppress those messages. It is part of the options you can set to not see them.

Of course, now I'm thinking of the days when you could "train" the Ghost Ship and have it follow you around the zone like a pet. You could have it follow you up to the hill in Talos and it would just sit there. Ahh, the days when there were so many "features" in CoH. icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by Skyfire, 28 October 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#2409 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35046 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Well, this was...different.

From a Hero Morality Mission. Me and my "Mysterious Double". All in all, I actually like the Double's color palette. Except for that Yellow Mask. I mean...yikes.

#2410 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 4196 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:25 AM

OK... just downloaded CoV into the PC... then clicked on the option to create the account to begin play... thing is that I get a big 'page not found' on there....

like this http://na.cityofhero...cohregister.php

anybody know what to do?

Edited by Autobot Bubbs, 01 November 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#2411 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 4196 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:26 AM

Also, when I tried to launch it, I got an "Error from patchserver, protocol version mismatch, client version doesn't match server"

ugh...

#2412 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35046 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

I would go onto the City of Heroes website and download the Freedom Client directly from them, because my guess is Freedom has totally changed the pathways of the old game. You can likely still use your CoV Serial Number to get a free month of VIP, though.

#2413 Skyfire

Skyfire

Ain't it beautiful?

• Citizen
  • 1649 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(Rust @ Oct 28 2011, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, this was...different.

From a Hero Morality Mission. Me and my "Mysterious Double". All in all, I actually like the Double's color palette. Except for that Yellow Mask. I mean...yikes.

You should see Power Paladin's inverted version.

All it does is swap the colors for each item. So, if your "helmet detail 1" has Yellow/Black, your inverted version's helmet detail 1 becomes Black/Yellow.

QUOTE(Autobot Bubbs)
Also, when I tried to launch it, I got an "Error from patchserver, protocol version mismatch, client version doesn't match server"

Definitely visit www.plaync.com and find your way to the game client, then download from there. It completely changed a few months ago. Much to my annoyance. I used to be able to just click an icon and start CoH without all the nagging "Accept" and such. They got wise and force you to use their "console" to launch the game, now. (And moved the agreement to be after you log in).

#2414 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 4196 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

Typical.. I find time to do as suggested and their doing maintenance. No registration for me icon-screamer.gif

#2415 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35046 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

After 460+ Hours of play time...I finally have a Level 50. Night Raider just clicked the magic number. As for how/when it happened?

How about getting the "Master of Olympus" badge? Yeah, I'd say that was a good feeling.

It feels good to finally have a character at the cap. For one thing, it means I can really indulge my altaholism without worry. Though I probably should work on getting a Red to 50 too.

#2416 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 4196 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

FINALLY got everything DLed.... and now I have a charrecter up. Chose Shade as my first. Took me about 2 hours to get her built (forgot the capes cost extra)... and then turns out Shade is taken.... so I gave her the name 'Moritori'.

And I managed to get up to level 5 before board maintenance, doing nothing but beating up devil-worshiping hoods.

So yeah, if you se a chick in all-black with maroon beltstraps and spikes... that's me.

How do I save pics of your peeps anyways?

#2417 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 35046 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

Hit "Print Screen" in game and then locate your NCSoft Folder, the COH folder, and then under "Screenshots".

#2418 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

True Blue Heroes

• Citizen
  • 28306 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

I remember when Raptor Scribe hit 50. It was literally as we took down the Olympian Guard in the last part of the Maria Jenkins storyarc.

"Disabled people don’t have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isn’t a “special need”. It’s a basic human right. It’s a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#2419 Skyfire

Skyfire

Ain't it beautiful?

• Citizen
  • 1649 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

Well, if we're on about epic level 50 dings. Here's Power Paladin's ding to 50. He took it with an arrow to the heart!

#2420 Waspinator

Waspinator

Is that your final Dandy?

• Citizen
  • 20297 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

By the way, there's a little magnifying glass next to the name box during creation. You can use that to check if a name is taken before you finish everything else.

On a silly note, my new favorite mission is when the magical sentient television has you destroy a charity's books and blame it on violent video games.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users