What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
Kristi Noem came under fire for admitting that she once killed her dog for being difficult to train, and she defended herself by saying "I hated that dog".

I honestly don't see how that makes it better.

FOXnews drones are all saying that this is perfectly normal for farmers, and it's not. Farmers aren't OK with casually shooting dogs, and if they thought a dog was completely out of control, they would do the same thing anyone else does: bring it to a shelter. Admittedly, the dog might get put down there too, but there's something truly chilling about the callousness that is apparently normal in a family that tells their daughter to just go shoot the dog.

I feel like FOXNews drones all want to talk like they understand farming, but their whole idea of farming is based on cowboy movies. As if farmers can't drop the dog off at a shelter because it's a three-day wagon ride to the nearest town and they don't want to risk the journey because they might be ambushed by bandits.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, if she isn't lying to suck to up the trump cult, it's monstrous. Also: it's a blatant sign post for policy. She's perfectly happy putting down "things" that don't do exactly what she wants, exactly when she wants it, and without being trained to do it.

When you combine it with the absolutely dehumanizing rhetoric against everyone whom isn't a trump cultist: it means she's perfectly happy to kill immigrants, refugees and political dissidents.

Autobubbs

Citizen
As much as she's catching hell nationwide, can't say I've heard much locally. Mind you I don't catch much of the local news due to my schedules... it DID make it to the Argus's cover though.

Have heard for a long time that folks in state are getting tired of her. I'd hope this revelation (that she honestly did NOT have to make) would lead the actual farmers & hunters in this state to be disgusted. While some might fall back on 'it's just an animal', they know Hunting dogs are not only expensive, but an investment. That, and there is the fact that the poor pooch Cricket was still a puppy. Not even 16 months old. Just because their breed makes excellent hunting dogs doesn't mean they'll do exactly what you tell them to right off the bat. Just because SHE couldn't train her (and I doubt she even tried) didn't make her untrainable. Even then, if you don't like the dog, find someone who DOES. Get some of your investment back by finding her a forever home.

As for the Goat, as Colbert said she put him down for 'being a goat'.

I honestly hope that this unnecessary revelation will lead the Republicans in this state to put down the partisanship and make a better decision next election.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Spoke too soon... the local news stations have interviewed multiple dog trainers & experts in the field, who all agree that she was in the wrong. One even stating that you don't take them on their first hunt until their 3, and it takes 5 years of work and training to get a good hunting dog.

Pale Rider

Citizen
She wouldn't have mentioned this in her book if she didn't think it would make her more appealing to Republican voters. Actually consider that for a minute. This kind of thing is what conservative virtue-signaling looks like now.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
She took some seriously bad advice. Probably the same voice telling her to make herself attractive for the Orange One.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Given the split between the parties and their cultures right now... it was likely her only choice. There was no way independents, liberals or progressives would ever vote for her, even before her admitting to wanton animal cruelty. So if she wants power, she has to suck up to the people whom applaud her for her complete psychopathy: trumps cult.

But psychopathy isn't an excuse for failing math class. The cult is not, and will never be enough to get into to or stay in power now. 2016, sure, now? Nope, too much is known, and culture is changing too fast, too fast AWAY from their shit.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Given the split between the parties and their cultures right now... it was likely her only choice. There was no way independents, liberals or progressives would ever vote for her, even before her admitting to wanton animal cruelty. So if she wants power, she has to suck up to the people whom applaud her for her complete psychopathy: trumps cult.

But psychopathy isn't an excuse for failing math class. The cult is not, and will never be enough to get into to or stay in power now. 2016, sure, now? Nope, too much is known, and culture is changing too fast, too fast AWAY from their shit.

Mind you, she's governor of a hardline Red state that focuses on Agriculture & Ranching.... they might be wary on how broad use of 'Animal Cruelty' will bite them in the checkbook, but obvious examples like this won't be ignored.

But yeah, the psychopaths in the Trump cult are about the only one's who'll applaud this... even though I haven seen anyone doing so on the boards, yet. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
If Trump decided to publicly support Kristi Noem on this dog-killing thing, I'd give it six months before his sycophants start saying that dog-killing is your patriotic duty. And six months after that, the media would start playing the "both sides" game on the issue, calling it a "controversy" and referring to people as "moderates" if they only half-support the dog-killing.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Not sure if this belongs here... posting it anyway
wick.jpg

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Somewhat unusually for the genre, that book, 2022’s Not My First Rodeo: Lessons from the Heartland, landed the South Dakota governor on the New York Times’ bestseller list
I mean, books by people campaigning regularly do that because the person who wrote them buys lots of copies. That's why the NYT started putting symbols on entries with suspicious purchases.

NovaSaber

Citizen

Top Bottom