Transformers: One - New Animated Prequel coming September 20th, 2024 - Trailer 1 Released!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
TOY LEAKS HAVE BEGUN!
From Silver Optimus at TFW2005, confirmation of Transformers One toys having an on-shelf (aka, street date) of August 1. This is right in time for the holiday resets (which means we'll see a couple weeks of people fussing because retailers work on their own schedules). In addition, he posted a listing (according to comments, originating in Sri Lanka) of one of the toy assortments:
Prime Changers, retail (adjusted to USD, per the original author) of $59.99.

There was, seemingly, some confusion about the toy listing, with many the "cost as wrong" or indicating it may be a case assortment. Just from my own, half ass, research. I'm inclined to cite "Prime Changers" as one of the premium price points for the movie line. The cost is too low for a case assortment, but we DO have examples of more expensive products in the Rise of the Beasts product line.
RotB had the "Beast Mode" figures. MSRP of $54.99 (pretty close to $59.99...), each figure was big, loaded with features. I can EASILY see a large scale item akin to the Cyberverse Battle Call Officer or the Beast Mode figures that could feature Orion Pax and D-16 with gimmicks to "evolve them" into Optimus and Megatron.

NovaSaber

Citizen
And now, more of that, with a bunch of codenames:

The codenames probably don't mean much ("Overlord" probably doesn't mean the character named Overlord), but there are at least 4 "Prime Changers", which I wouldn't expect for something that costs over $50, and there are single items labelled "Platoon" and "Ultimate" which sound like more likely candidates for the big expensive thing.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Deductions can be difficult, given the lack of price points and any information concerning the film. It’s also probable that Hasbro is taking a different approach to the expressions, given the different nature of the film (from what we know). RotB was built around that big team up between the Autobots and Maximals, fighting Unicron’s Terrorcons. There were well over a dozen “feature” characters in use (not that all got toys anyway). As a result, a big crux of the product line was the “Alliance” between the factions, so we seemed to get more toys based around combining and multipacks.
TFOne seems to be more focused on the major characters we have casting for, and the listings seem to support that idea with a more modest range of characters. I think that’s reflecting in a product line closer to Cyberverse, where we are going to see many of the same characters in different sizes to reflect different gimmicks. Even so, these listings indicate a more robust product range than we saw for Rise of the Beasts. Maybe they’re banking on Christmas and the Anniversary to give the line a bit of a boost?

That said, given how Hasbro markets their mass market lines, kind of what direction they’ll be taking with characters, and I think we can safely deduct the following:
Ace= Bumblebee
Admiral= Optimus Prime
Overlord= Megatron
Sergeant= Sentinel Prime
Alphabet= Alpha Trion
Corporal= Elita One

The rest is up to guess the gimmick:
Prime Changers (contrary to some earlier information, newer information indicates something in the $30 range)- My earlier guess still stands, I think they’ll be some sort of “upgrade” figure gimmick.
Mega Changer- Probably something to replace the Smash Changers, a quick change product line.
2 in 1 Mask- Guess the things did well last year. Probably Optimus and Bumblebee, though Sentinel is an outlier since BB got a mask in the Rise of the Beast product line.

Robot Battlers/Battling figures- These feel like a mid-tier product comparable to the Weaponizer price point. My guess is something like the Warrior class. Could be something akin to Weaponizers where you get a basic figure with some sort of gimmick accessory

Power Flip/Glow- Large gimmick figures. It’s not even a forgone conclusion that ALL of these are actual Transforming toys

Ultimate Energon- Probably the “big ticket” for the line. $100+ item
Energon Reveal- MAYBE an alternate name for the above, or maybe something in the mid-tier (Beast Mode Optimus type product)

1-Step Cog- The obvious new One STep figures, Seems the gimmick may be some sort of gear gimmick.

Cybertron Launchers/Bot Shots- Are these replacing the Beast Battlemasters?

So, my gimmick guess is something like Minicons. Bot Shots integrate with select larger figures to perform some sort of mechanical action. Think Energon Igniters from 2018 but with little vehicles instead of the non-descript engine designs. Maybe the Battlin figures include weapons/tools instead of a minicon type figure?

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Massive toy leak! Reportedly posted by an, unnamed, online store are images of a deluxe class Transformers One Optimus Prime (NOT Orion Pax!). Presumably, there will be some toy reveals/listings to accompany the trailer.

The poster indicated it is a deluxe figure, and the budgetary compromises certainly look in line with something like the “mainline” deluxe figures, like we’ve seen in Cyberverse or Earthspark. From my quickie research, no listings have (as of yet) come up for a Deluxe TFOne Optimus Prime, aside from the “A Level Assortment”. The “A Level Assortment” is due for release in June (per JtPrime information) and include TFOne Prime and 86 Bumblebee (a Wave 2 appears in 2025 information, featuring another Optimus Prime and TFOne B-127).

In terms of the toy?
I like it, generally. I love the head design (as I did on the similarly styled ReActivate figure), and the vehicle mode has the sleek, clean, look I’ve always liked in Beast Machines/War Within styled Cybertronian modes. It even looks like it features a moving face plate (a novel features at the deluxe price point). The ax looks like a Generations reuse (maybe from the rumored deluxe G1 Optimus Prime?), but seems a solid decision.
What I hate, though? That damned plastic color. It’s the same crap they pulled on Titans Return Powermaster Prime, they tried a “warmer” grey which comes across as the same look as yellowed gray plastic.

Not sure I’m feeling COMPELLED to get it, but if they did a nicer Studio Series take with more deco and better plastic colors? It’d be a LOT harder to resist.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I like the thickness and the overall design decently for a Cybertronian Prime.

Oh and the package has leaked online, this is Studio Series.

-ZacWilliam, looking forward to the trailer with curiosity.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I like the thickness and the overall design decently for a Cybertronian Prime.

Oh and the package has leaked online, this is Studio Series.

-ZacWilliam, looking forward to the trailer with curiosity.
Huh, kind of lackluster on the details for a Studio Series.

Oh, and they, legit, LAUNCHED a rocket into space that will display the new trailer in 14-ish minutes from when I'm posting

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
OMG.... that looks so fun!
I am now totally excited about this!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Those "Seeker" troops look really cool. I've paused the trailer a couple of times to try to get a better look at them.

Top Bottom