1.) Any chance of seeing Universe 2.0 Voyager Onslaught remolded/recolored into G1 Hardhead?
1) I'd say that's a good possibility for a repaint either for our main line or an exclusive. But when ever possible, I try to offer more than just a straight repaint, such as a new head or weapon. So I might have to sketch up some options and see just what I can come up with.
That's cool. When that "I" comes up, to whom exactly are we speaking? Eric Seibenaler?
2.) Why did you choose that particular deco for Universe 2.0 Deluxe Cyclonus and Nightstick, which differs radically from the prototype? Many fans liked the purple prototype.
2) Sometimes test shots come in and all of the molds are not cast in the correct colors. But that's why test shots exist, so that we can catch those problems before the toy is produced. In this example, an image of a Cyclonus testshot was released and fans had issues. But rest assured, the mold is going to remain purple and match the initial prototype image.
Um... But it was a paint change, not a plastic change. In other words, it's going to look exactly like the last one we saw in package.
3.) And chance for new-mold Universe 2.0 combiners teams/gestalts?
3) The typical gestalts require a price point higher than any of the ones we have established in the short-term in Universe, so we won't be tooling up any new Universe gestalt molds for 2009. But we really like the combiner idea and would like to add some new combiner play in the relative near future (no specific plans or line decided - we are talking about it).
Sounds like a subtle denial of HIGHLIGHT to view:the combining Revenge Of The Fallen Constructicons
4.) Why the baby blue for Universe 2.0 Ironhide's face? It was originally silver, which was correct. It changed from proto to production to baby-blue. Ironically Robot Heroes Ironhide came out at the same time, he had the correct silver face. Why the difference?
4) It's supposed to be silver. When I last saw the final paint on the figure it was silver. But somehow in the development process, someone somewhere picked up a blue brush instead of the silver one. We are currently making a "running change" on the face so future Ironhides will
Judging from Hasbro's record of 1 out of 3 (gray to black gun on 20th Prime, Red Armada Powerlinx Thrust, and Armada Wheeljack switching from gray and yellow to Micron Legend Rampage's black and blue) on promised running changes actually happening, I don't put faith in this. When and if it happens, I'd likely have the Henkei version anyway.
5.) Will we see more Headmasters toys in Universe 2.0? If so, will they be based on IDW Headmasters? How about a Sunstreaker with headmaster Hunter?
5) I hope we'll be seeing more Headmasters in the future for Universe. If we continue to celebrate all of the different eras of Transformers there will certainly be some more headmasters to redesign. I'm not too sure about seeing a Sunstreaker with Hunter...we had already done a Sunstreaker in Deluxe so having another Sunstreaker offered again just a year later might be tough. But we'll try to get some fun stuff in the line for you guys.
Uh, wait, more