Devastation Character Trailer & Pre-Order Bonuses
Via the PlayStation official blog, we have a look at a new trailer for Transformers: Devastation that highlights the varying gameplay of its five playable Autobots, along with details on the bonus content available when pre-ordering the game.
First up is the new trailer, which shows off the attacks and abilities of Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Sideswipe, Bumblebee and Wheeljack. Developer Platinum Games reportedly put a lot of effort into making sure each character’s playstyle fit their personality and characteristics.
We also receive details on the bundle of extra content available to those pre-ordering the game. It’s unclear at this point if this content will be available with pre-orders of physical copies of the game, or just digital downloads, but hopefully more information will be forthcoming.
As seen in the promotional image, included are Nemesis Prime, Red Alert and
Goldbug Goldfire skins for Optimus Prime, Sideswipe and Bumblebee, along with three new weapons: the Dark Star Saber (as seen on Transformers: Prime), the Photon Disruptor, and the Gold Hunters. The blog had this to say about these weapons:
Platinum Games is also including three unique pieces of equipment, which is kind of a big deal. Like the combat system, the developer put a lot of work into creating an extraordinary library of weapons, making sure every armament is one-of-a-kind and thoroughly balanced. So, the fact that Platinum crafted these three pieces of DLC specifically for pre-order customers should make you feel very special. Here’s what’s on the table:
- The Dark Star Saber is a fiercely intimidating blade that radiates waves of dark energy with every swing.
- The Photon Disruptor is an incredibly powerful, shotgun-style weapon that has a short range but deals huge amounts of area damage.
- The twin Golden Hunter is a pair of blaster pistols that causes enemies to drop credits when attacked.
To discuss Devastation, out on 6th October, and this new information, head over to the Allspark Forums!
Latest posts by Callum (see all)
- Forged to Fight Mobile Game Unveiled! - December 1, 2016
- Power of the Primes Fan Vote Announced! - December 1, 2016
- Machinima ‘Prime Wars Trilogy’ Parts 2 & 3 Confirmed - November 29, 2016